Mezco One 12: John Wick 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It obviously is a loss of credit towards Mezco to me, I probably won't buy another figure of them, considering the time it cost them and then the final outcome is this pile of sxxt

6801.Jpg

I know the head is a downgrade, but I never really saw a great likeness there in the first place. Mezco isn't really known for capturing actor's likeness's very well, all their sculpts are soft no matter who it's supposed to be.

But above is the suit that the proto shots had when the figure went up for preorder. The suit looks WAY better, all that stitching that was all over the proto is gone, much better. The battle damaged headsculpt is definitely better and so that's what I'll use on mine, should be here tomorrow.

I honestly think they did single jointed elbows so people wouldn't damage the suit. Last year at SDCC I was at the Mezco booth and Mez was there talking to people. Someone asked him about the elbows and he led with the reasoning is that John Wick is someone who wears a nice suit, so that has to look good. Gomez (as in the character, not just the figure) wears cheap suits so doesn't matter what happens to them.

The prototype sculpt wasn't perfect, but neither are any of the 1/6 Keanu sculpts. I thought it was okay for the scale, but the final product sculpt isn't even the same one. The hair, brow, and sculpted beard are all different. It looks like a dollar store toy, and at $130 that is unacceptable.

I don't even want it anymore, and with everyone else hating on it I'm worried I won't even be able to sell it.

The prototype sculpt wasn't perfect, but neither are any of the 1/6 Keanu sculpts. I thought it was okay for the scale, but the final product sculpt isn't even the same one. The hair, brow, and sculpted beard are all different. It looks like a dollar store toy, and at $130 that is unacceptable.

I don't even want it anymore, and with everyone else hating on it I'm worried I won't even be able to sell it.

Mezco's are almost always desirable. People will want this just for the suited body. If you part the figure out you'll definitely make money. I saw the body w/ hands go for $100 on FB.

Mine showed up today, haven't opened it yet. I had intended on selling it, but now I'm wondering if I should wait for one of the inevitable custom sculpts to upgrade it. Wouldn't surprise me if Eleven and OSK had one up soon.

View attachment 492288

I know the head is a downgrade, but I never really saw a great likeness there in the first place. Mezco isn't really known for capturing actor's likeness's very well, all their sculpts are soft no matter who it's supposed to be.

But above is the suit that the proto shots had when the figure went up for preorder. The suit looks WAY better, all that stitching that was all over the proto is gone, much better. The battle damaged headsculpt is definitely better and so that's what I'll use on mine, should be here tomorrow.

I honestly think they did single jointed elbows so people wouldn't damage the suit. Last year at SDCC I was at the Mezco booth and Mez was there talking to people. Someone asked him about the elbows and he led with the reasoning is that John Wick is someone who wears a nice suit, so that has to look good. Gomez (as in the character, not just the figure) wears cheap suits so doesn't matter what happens to them.

I don't know why they chose that 3 piece suit instead of the more simple white shirt and tie outfit, which might benefit the scale. They probably should have given the figure a short sleeve shirt under the jacket for better articulation.

I opened mine and as I suspected it's nowhere near as bad as originally shown IMO. The worst aspect is the puffy shoulders when you do certain poses, but seems like you can cut that out and may fix it if you want. The heads themselves aren't that bad, similar to the 1/6 ones, the damaged one with the hair in front definitely helps the likeness. But both heads are nicely painted, Mezco has like 2 paint options it seems. Light and waxy looking and then nicer and more real looking. The paint job on the heads is definitely the latter. Even the hands are given a bit of a paint job in that same style.

One thing that I do worry about is staining. Mine had a slight stain on the neck out of the box and the two fists on the body in package have larger spots. I feel like I should try to take the jacket off and do a soak like with some Hot Toys clothing.

I went ahead and opened mine as well, and I must retract my previous statements. I am more impressed with it than I expected, and while the sculpt is not the same as the prototype, it doesn't look nearly as bad as it did in that initial review. If the head sculpts were 1/6 scale, then yeah they'd be pretty terrible, but the smaller scale makes a world of difference.

The weapons look a little bland and plain with no paint detail, but being 1/12 it's slightly more acceptable. The one genuine complaint I have is the jacket on mine is defective. The lapels are not equal, the right one is about half the size of the left. It's immediately noticeable and can't help being annoyed with it. Does anyone know if Mezco is good about replacing parts like Sideshow is?

I’ve been having a blast with this wick....my main complaint is Mezco gave me two left hand gun supporting hands and no left hand trigger finger hand :slap

I went ahead and opened mine as well, and I must retract my previous statements. I am more impressed with it than I expected, and while the sculpt is not the same as the prototype, it doesn't look nearly as bad as it did in that initial review. If the head sculpts were 1/6 scale, then yeah they'd be pretty terrible, but the smaller scale makes a world of difference.

The weapons look a little bland and plain with no paint detail, but being 1/12 it's slightly more acceptable. The one genuine complaint I have is the jacket on mine is defective. The lapels are not equal, the right one is about half the size of the left. It's immediately noticeable and can't help being annoyed with it. Does anyone know if Mezco is good about replacing parts like Sideshow is?

Absolutely email them ASAP while they still have stock etc. I had an issue with the gold gomez from Toy Fair, the tie had a thread pull in it, not a huge issue, but definitely noticeable for display/photography. I asked for a new tie. Then sent an entire suited body as replacement!

I’ve been having a blast with this wick....my main complaint is Mezco gave me two left hand gun supporting hands and no left hand trigger finger hand :slap

Same thing, contact them!!!

I emailed them and left a voicemail message hopefully they?ll make it right..otherwise I really like this figure. I have to say though when I got black mask his arm snapped instantly and I emailed back and forth and called them and after a while they just ignored me and I was left with a busted black mask. I was pretty upset with Mezco but I used my mirror mirror Spock to swap torsos so whatever...it did leave a bad taste in my mouth though. I feel like with the factories just getting back into the swing of things after being closed for COVID they maybe making a few more mistakes here and there :dunno

If I remember right on my experience, I got a response back on the original request after sending pics, but then got a shipping notice and no other response.

They asked for pics Monday afternoon, I sent them Monday evening, and I'm still waiting for a response back. Hopefully they let me know one way or t'other.

They asked for pics Monday afternoon, I sent them Monday evening, and I'm still waiting for a response back. Hopefully they let me know one way or t'other.

I sent pictures with my first email and didn’t hear back.....last time when black masks arm snapped at the elbow they replied and asked for pics and then we emailed a bit back and forth and then they just stopped replying

I would email them again it took me three emails and a phone call to get the hands but it finally happened

Back