Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible that they're simply not allowed by license to do regular, accurate, comic book versions of characters?

I thought the whole mixed media thing was their way of skirting around licensing conflicts with Mattel and Hasbro. But the only reason I can come up with for those baffling design choices is they HAVE to do it that way...maybe?

Then what was the deal with the TDKR batman? How did they get do that (and 5 times no less).

No idea. Just throwing it out there. Cause I'm truly baffled why any of the designers would look at the toys they're creating and go "You know what? Wolverine's classic brown suit designed by John Byrne is OK I guess....but what if it had....SHOELACES, GIANT SHOULDER PADS, AND LOOOONG SHORTS?? Yeah, now we're talking!!"

The took some liberties with Flash...the chin strap and weird molded lines. Darkseid is nice but still has a lot of embellishments that were not part of the Kirby design.

Do they just think the original designs are too plain? I don't get it.

For real everyone, if you're not doing it already, please send your criticism to Mezco via Twitter and Facebook. If you're active on The Fwoosh and other big 1/12-scale forums, tell them to do the same. We are the market for this stuff, and I think that if enough of us speak up we could actually get a better first-appearance Batman. The proto is probably in the early stages and if so, changes are still possible. I don't know about superman and the stitched trunks, but it's worth a shot. Try to be constructive with it--"The new one:12 Batman has a great headsculpt but everything else looks nothing like his first comic appearance. Have you considered doing a simpler option with a plain cloth suit and purple gloves, for us collectors who want a more classic look?"

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I dig the new Dc Batman figure along with the new Marvel releases I see nothing wrong with them honestly maybe I'm just not that picky of a guy.

I want a nice comic superman, preferably how he looked in the early 90s, around the time he got BTFO by Doomsday.

I want a nice First Appearance Batman

I want a TDKR Superman to fight my TDKR Batman.

I want a Year One Batman.

I want a Neal Adams/Aparo/Jose Luis Garcia Lopez/Super Powers Batman.

I want two different Jean Paul Valley Batman, the blue one, then the red and gold variant.

I want a classic silver age Joker.

I want a Tim Drake 90s red and green Robin.

I want that ****ing Keaton '89 Batman they said they were going to do years ago.

I want I want I want.

Those are all nice.

I want a Killing Joke Bats and Joker.

And a classic JL lineup, Bats (blue), Sups, WW, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman (clean cut), and Martian Manhunter.

Hopefully IM is cost less than their average figure.
Dr. Strange looks pretty classic.

He looks close to classic but he is embellished like all the rest. He is much better than some.

But they are clearly taking more liberties with D.C..........Marvel look comic book to me. That new Batman will look better in the dark.

Shazam is the only DC. winner for me, Superman looks slightly improved.....Marvel all look fantastic and I am jealous but also wondering why? I think it is the D.C. License and what they allow Mezco to produce.

I agree. They seem to be taking much more liberties with DC than with Marvel. I suspect it is a licensure issue. SSCs has to do the same thing. Their DC line started off classic then went all to hell.

Then why did they do the DKR Batman? That gave me pretty high hopes for the direction of this line.

Obviously, something has changed. That's the only thing I can deduce from them taking such an iconic character like Batman and producing that hot steaming POS they're showing...to harsh :huh

Obviously, something has changed. That's the only thing I can deduce from them taking such an iconic character like Batman and producing that hot steaming POS they're showing...to harsh :huh

With a cherry on top. The head sculpt is really good.

Overall, I like the Batman design. It feels like an amalgam of first appearance/zero year/Paul Pope's year 100 designs. Agree w/folks, though, that the bodysuit itself is a little busy...

I want a nice comic superman, preferably how he looked in the early 90s, around the time he got BTFO by Doomsday.

I want a nice First Appearance Batman

I want a TDKR Superman to fight my TDKR Batman.

I want a Year One Batman.

I want a Neal Adams/Aparo/Jose Luis Garcia Lopez/Super Powers Batman.

I want two different Jean Paul Valley Batman, the blue one, then the red and gold variant.

I want a classic silver age Joker.

I want a Tim Drake 90s red and green Robin.

I want that ****ing Keaton '89 Batman they said they were going to do years ago.

I want I want I want.

I would dig the hell out of so, so many of those. Personally? I always hated that DC Direct only did Justice Batman and Kingdom Come Superman for their 13" line. I don't particularly like the scale, but I'd love to see Alex Ross' core Justice League tackled in mixed media, as the realistic, yet simple depictions lend themselves well to fabric costumes. Tell me this wouldn't look amazing on a shelf:

ly-do-ky-quac-khien-nhung-du-an-phim-dinh-dam-bi-huy-bo-31-073031.jpg

I feel like Mezco would, perhaps, be the best way to get that and still have it be relatively affordable.

Back