Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really looking forward to their classic Batman and Wolverine. Unfortunately, both came out like crap...in my most humble opinion. Mez said in that last podcast that he didn't really pay attention to the boards due to the negativity. Not sure about the twitter account (I unfollowed them myself) but they tend to have a more "Matty Collector/ Scott Neitlich(sp?)" vibe to the answers to questions and sometimes seemed quite uninformed. Ultimately, I felt reading their tweets were a waste of time. Most info they did release ended up here or on other boards anyway ie, canceled Knightmare Bats.

Speaking of KNB, why would they cancel that but they are releasing BvS WW :huh

jye4ever :mwaha

Speaking of KNB, why would they cancel that but they are releasing BvS WW :huh

Well one could make that argument that BVS merchandise is too risky now because the movie didn't do well critically, but WW has her upcoming solo film that they can cash in on.

Also isn't the Wonder Woman based on her solo movie look?

Thought that was the BvS WW...I'll have to take another look at it?

It's from WonderWoman movie not BvS. Otherwise it would probably say on the card and more importantly have the BvS base that the Batman figures and Superman have.

Wonder Woman 04.jpg

That Darkseid looks great but those extra faces look horrid, Bats and Supes need serious reworking as well, SERIOUS reworking!!! I have Green Arrow and he's just about as perfect a figure as you could get with a 1/12 scale figure, it's so easy to completely blow it at that scale that they need to try and attain that GA level of quality with every release.

Interview with Pierre from Mezco https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvmRXM1yZM

Some highlights:

DKR Superman has been pretty much done for a while, but has been bumped back by everything else. Not sure when they'll get to him with everything else going on. Almost sounds like comic Superman also had a hand in bumping him back. THIS F'ING KILLS ME :(

They have access to all the Batman movies, Nolan, Burton, Schumacher. But nothing planned at the moment.

Batmobile is currently in-development. They've hit some roadblocks and its been a learning experience. He walked back saying its definitely happening, but reiterated its in-development.

Knightmare Batman...interesting response on this one. Basically as some have speculated, basically they felt the moment passed by the time he was ready. But they also didnt realize the demand he had and that it would be so big a deal "he only appeared for like 5 minutes". So he didnt for sure say not going to happen. We got a we'll see on him.

Harley will be the only figure coming from Suicide Squad. Unless any of the characters end up in another movie and they decided to do it. Suicide Squad though is done. So I guess no Leto Joker?

They're still working on Wonder Woman and Harley. It's their first female figure so they're working tooling and all that out.

Keaton Batman got pushed back cause they wanted to focus on current movie licenses. Saying basically they got strike while the irons hot, and Keaton can be released 5 years from now and still sell.

After being familiar with Toyguru from Mattel for so many years, I like Pierre a lot. Very open and forthcoming, seems like a really nice guy and interested in what people want.

Last edited:
So they have TDKR Miller Superman and Keaton Batman done (two of my most anticipated figures, my TDKR Batmen are lonely), but they're just sitting on them until a future date?

That's retarded. Not on Mezco's part, but on WB's or whoever demands that Harley Quinn be pushed forward. Considering there is always another comic book blockbuster every year, they're always going to get pushed back. Not just D.C. Properties either, but now the MCU films!

Then if this line dies from bad sales in the next year or so, those guys will never see the light of day. Completely whacked. The whole "wait 5 years thing" is risky too because what if they get the licensing pulled out from under them in that time? Really confusing. It's like saying "I don't want your money right away".

I got no hopes for a Year One Batman or Neal Adams Batman after this. And yeah, I'm sure the recent Superman is the root cause of why TDKR got pushed back. I consider that Superman to be a companion piece to their first TDKR Bats, more so than Mutant Leader. Ideally Superman would have made sense as the second one:12 DC figure.

Oh well. Atleast the BvS Batmobile is still in the works. The way Pierre described it last year with so much enthusiasm makes me think it'll be one of the best action figure vehicles to date. If they're able to work out the problems they've encountered.

Edit:

And yeah, that was cool of him to do that interview. You'd never see any other guys do that for their company, especially with such sincerity in regards to hard hitting questions. Lots of great insight.

Last edited:
Well, the one thing about Knightmare Batman is that, with that being like a weird premonition/dream thing, that might not have been the last we see of that version, so, should he return in some capacity in future films, they could always rebrand the figure under that. Me, personally, I think it'd be kind of awesome if that was a vision of Earth whatever, and all of it actually did transpire.

Well, the one thing about Knightmare Batman is that, with that being like a weird premonition/dream thing, that might not have been the last we see of that version, so, should he return in some capacity in future films, they could always rebrand the figure under that. Me, personally, I think it'd be kind of awesome if that was a vision of Earth whatever, and all of it actually did transpire.

After Wonder Woman and Justice League bombs, they'll never get to that apocalyptic, Mad Max Batman world (if they even planned for that to actually even happen :lol). They don't know what they're doing.

After Wonder Woman and Justice League bombs, they'll never get to that apocalyptic, Mad Max Batman world (if they even planned for that to actually even happen :lol). They don't know what they're doing.

Does that mean he'll get a reboot? :yess: :lol

Well theyre not doing more mortal Kombat so no classic figurs, Im glad I have the Storm one on PO

Conan is on a sort of legal hold

And Supes is done but if they release him Classic Supes will not sell... I understand them, at least this one is coming for sure so I have that to look forward to.

Yeah cool of him for giving that interview, he seems like a cool guy, such a shame Mezco is one of those companies that think a certain aspect of a classic character is not realistic enough.

Dont have much to look forward to from Mezco, funny I thought when TDKR bats came out Mezco would own my paydays, but now I could care little less.

Back