Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont have much to look forward to from Mezco, funny I thought when TDKR bats came out Mezco would own my paydays, but now I could care little less.

I think this sums up exactly how I feel about the DC line, and even on the Marvel side, Punisher is the only thing that has me really excited. Funnily enough, the two figures I want the most from this line right now have nothing to do with the big licenses: Space Ghost and Popeye :lol

Well theyre not doing more mortal Kombat so no classic figurs, Im glad I have the Storm one on PO

Conan is on a sort of legal hold

And Supes is done but if they release him Classic Supes will not sell... I understand them, at least this one is coming for sure so I have that to look forward to.

Yeah cool of him for giving that interview, he seems like a cool guy, such a shame Mezco is one of those companies that think a certain aspect of a classic character is not realistic enough.

Dont have much to look forward to from Mezco, funny I thought when TDKR bats came out Mezco would own my paydays, but now I could care little less.

I'm in the same boat man. But Pierre did also mention Reeve Superman AND West Batman, I'll take those at least down the road.

I think this sums up exactly how I feel about the DC line, and even on the Marvel side, Punisher is the only thing that has me really excited. Funnily enough, the two figures I want the most from this line right now have nothing to do with the big licenses: Space Ghost and Popeye :lol
Those look phenomenal, that Space Ghost makes me wonder how they would tackle TAS Batman.

I think ill get Frankenstein, Shazam, Darkseid, Thor if they dont **** it up, and thats it.

I'm in the same boat man. But Pierre did also mention Reeve Superman AND West Batman, I'll take those at least down the road.
Yeah Im glad those are done, so is TDKR Supes, Im glad those are for sure coming out, but its obvious they dont want to give clear info away because people would just wait for those instead of the current offerings.

Well that interview confirms they can make classic costumes but instead they choose to make Mezco "real world" interpretations.

He said "it's kind of weird to think about an outdoorsy wilderness guy which is what Wolverine is in like speedos" so they gave him outdoorsy shorts to make him rugged.:cuckoo:

How does adding shorts, laces on the boots, and turtle shells for shoulder pads make him more "real world"? He's still running around in yellow spandex with a big horned mask on.:huh if they want "real world" just make the Jackman Wolverine or Old Man Logan.

Why not just offer the classic costumes and their own Mezco versions as variants. I normally wouldn't comment but these One:12 figures are so well made that it's disappointing that were not getting the classic costumes that people have loved for years.

Well that interview confirms they can make classic costumes but instead they choose to make Mezco "real world" interpretations.

He said "it's kind of weird to think about an outdoorsy wilderness guy which is what Wolverine is in like speedos" so they gave him outdoorsy shorts to make him rugged.:cuckoo:

How does adding shorts, laces on the boots, and turtle shells for shoulder pads make him more "real world"? He's still running around in yellow spandex with a big horned mask on.:huh if they want "real world" just make the Jackman Wolverine or Old Man Logan.

Why not just offer the classic costumes and their own Mezco versions as variants. I normally wouldn't comment but these One:12 figures are so well made that it's disappointing that were not getting the classic costumes that people have loved for years.

When they fail to sell they will say there is no demand for this line. But that's a lie it's their crappy choice in Design, plus I don't like the hair on his arm drawer on

I'll probably never understand their stance on this. Take Green Arrow. I passed on this design, but they would have me on the hook THREE times for golden age(red cap and gloves/boots), classic 70's/80's, and Longbow Hunters. I will buy ANY comic faithful DC One:12. But not this mishmash stuff.

This interview just reaffirms the info Mez gave in the podcast he did last year. Mez is more concerned about what he wants to make it seems. He boasted about how much he liked TDKR it's confusing why they are holding out on it. They could easily make a classic version, a realistic version and the crappy Mezco interpretations. But they know the classics would out sell the interpretations and undercut their sales for the interpretations. It really doesn't make sense. They are assuming that anyone who wants TDKR Superman will settle and buy the interpretation Superman as a stand in. At this price point, I really don't see that happening. Either you buy the one you want, or you buy both. I don't think there's a lot of grey area.

When this line was announced I too felt like wow, this is going to be expensive. Now I think maybe just cherry pick the ones that don't deviate too far from the source material.

Pierre is cool and forthcoming but it's too bad they've committed to this approach.

I am also very excited for the two figures that least fit in with my collection, Space Ghost & Popeye. Pretty sure it's because they are so faithful to the source material.

Last edited:
If anyone goes to Toy Fair, I'd love to find out if they might do a more faithful, comic based Golden Age Batman variant to the Ascending Knight.

Since Mezco doesnt seem to be living up to expectations and it turns out theres a YUGE market and demand for mixed media 1/12th scale figures, I wonder if this will open the door for custom makers to tackle this niche, Im talking about real 1/6th custom makers not ML customizers like Anthonys cuckstoms.

Id be all over interest threads for those.

Since Mezco doesnt seem to be living up to expectations and it turns out theres a YUGE market and demand for mixed media 1/12th scale figures, I wonder if this will open the door for custom makers to tackle this niche, Im talking about real 1/6th custom makers not ML customizers like Anthonys cuckstoms.

General Collectibles threads in 2018: "Anyone who pays the price of a Hot Toys 1/4 scale figure for a 1/12th custom is an idiot." :lol

Last edited:
Yikes I was thinking $200 tops.

The market is sure pushing it :lol

But Im thinking, just kits, make them adaptable for Marvel Legends bodies, which have better articulation than Mezcos anyway, voila.

Yikes I was thinking $200 tops.

The market is sure pushing it :lol

But Im thinking, just kits, make them adaptable for Marvel Legends bodies, which have better articulation than Mezcos anyway, voila.

To be fair, that was kind of how I imagined criticisms would be aimed at, like, the 1/12th equivalent of stuff like the several K customs would be.:lol

I do think the stuff about accessory packs cheapening the brand or whatever was kind of some pretentious bull****. Pierre seems like a good guy, and I dig the fact that he was so hands on with that interview, but, if some of that stuff's the way Mezco views this line, it's no wonder that it isn't the rousing success it seemed primed to be in the beginning, from a fan's perspective. Like the dismissal of Robin because he wasn't realistic enough, or the criticisms of Wolverine's trunks being invalidated by the need to make it "realistic" because he wouldn't be "wearing a speedo in real life" (which, let's be honest; a rugged Canadian wilderperson wouldn't be caught dead wearing a multicolored jumpsuit of any sort, long trunks or not, in real life, unless he was a dude with a very specific fetish who liked to head into the city on the weekend and bathe in milk).:lol

Their understanding of comics seems to be that of a casual/beginner/pleb who likes baby's first Batman comic aka TDKR and eveeything else needs to be justified in terms of practicality and realism.

Which would be fine if they werent doing it on the wrong characters.

Like, you could do "realistic" and still be accurate to some sort of comic. You want to do "realistic" Batman? Do Bermejo Batman! With all of the metal rings and pouches and leather, that's a figure that was born for a line like this. Just as some iterations you can't do justice to by going fully-sculpted (Bermejo's designs, I think can kind of be considered that way, looking at the way the DCC figures turned out, for instance, unless you're going entirely sculpted and high-end like Prime1, but they don't have to worry about action figure trappings like articulartion, for instance, when interpreting their piece).

Yup, or Arkham or new 52, hell even Arkham gave Bats 3 robins.

Also, hearing how they cant do cargo pants, I quickly went ans checked my 3A figs, cargo pants, with 2 punches on each leg :lol

If anyone goes to Toy Fair, I'd love to find out if they might do a more faithful, comic based Golden Age Batman variant to the Ascending Knight.

This is all Mezco is showing at Toy Fair. There won't be any new reveals at the show; they do it all a week early. And based on Pierre's answers, this is all they're willing to show or talk about as far as Batman for now.

I agree with everyone else. This line turned out to be such a disappointment because the potential was through the roof. When the DKR Batman was unveiled at SDCC 2014 I thought I was looking at the future of my collection. I'd be willing to rebuy everything I've amassed all these years done in that scale, with those materials. Imagine....Wolverine looking like he was drawn by Art Adams. Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes in their orignal 80s outfits. A 6 inch Tattooine Luke Skywalker with cloth robes that don't look like complete dung like the Black Series.

And their next release was Judge Dredd. Fully 100% accurate. I don't like Dredd enough to buy him but he looked perfect.

And then it all fell apart from there.

I love Frank Miller. I'd buy a Daredevil that looked like his art on the book. Why the hell did the figure have giant shoulder pads sewed on? It's so frustrating.

And they're Iron Man reveal. Iron Man has had dozens, no, hundreds, of actual, official suits in the comics and movies. Instead of choosing just ONE of those....they make up their own? I liked it when Ashley Wood did it with threea, but these guys are not Ashley Wood. What out of control hubris.

Iron Man doesn't even fit into the concept of the line. He's simply a 6 inch Iron Man figure. That will cost roughly 4-5 times any other domestically available 6 inch Iron Man figure.

Look at the Mezco Mutant Leader compared to the Mattel Mutant Leader. Clearly, the Mezco one is nicer. But standing them side by side, a layman probably wouldn't even tell the difference. Was he really $60 nicer than the Mattel one cause he had pleathery pants and a little more weathering in his paint? I for one certainly didn't think so.

This new Iron Man doesn't even have pants.

As with all other aspects of collecting I'm voting with my dollars. There's a reason I haven't bought a One:12 since I scooped up three DKR Batman variants. I'm not spending that kind of money on figures that don't look good. Stupid pads and laces and pouches don't look good to me.

They're leaving money on the table for the dumbest reasons...."Wolverine wouldn't wear a speedo." Well, at least Hasbro gave us a very very good Wolverine last year. Looks like they get to keep getting my money.

The market is so ripe for a pants and coat kit for a Knightmare Batman....

The interview really highlights how disconnected they are from the fan base:
1: No Robin because he's unrealistic (cause we're like Nolan...their toys based on comics, it's all unrealistic! 0_O)
2: Accessory packs would cheapen the brand (No...your crappy interpretations do that for you)
3: Wolverine cargo shorts really bring out the outdoorsman in any mutant
4: We had no ideal how popular Knightmare Bats would be :huh
5: We gotta strike while the iron is hot on these movie releases. Fans of the more classic stuff can and will wait (News Flash: You have both the Marvel and DC movie licensing! The iron will always be hot for the foreseeable near future! 2-4 movies a year between the two of em!

Just rewatching it is kinda disappointing to see how out of touch they seem.

My comments about the interview:

Great interview but it's too bad they want to "reimagine" the characters. The fans are vested too and many want Classic Renditions of the characters we know & love. Since each release has variants anyway, why not give us both and the market will choose which they like best? They could have Mezco & Mezco Classics or Mezco Icons or Mezco Legends or Mezco Ultimates. I, for one, despise some of their changes. The Daredevil shoulder pads for instance. Didn't keep me from buying it but I wish they weren't there. OTOH, that Wolverine & Batman reimagining will keep my money squarely in my pocket...and I'm traditionally a completist. With One:12, I have to be a cherry picker. Can't hold my nose and support some of their renditions. Honestly, after listening to this interview, I hope they get some competition in this segment of the market soon.

Last edited:
Back