Mezco 1/12 Judge Dredd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if the poncho on that exclusive is removable. And if they're basing it on his Cursed Earth story appearance (and that is indeed a new helmet), will he have the classic eagle on his shoulder? Not a big fan of the stylized eagle on the standard.

The poncho is removable. Not sure whether the armor is different, but the helmet is.

Im baffled that such character does not exists in 1/6.
Very happy that art figure gave the finger to 2000ad.

The poncho is removable. Not sure whether the armor is different, but the helmet is.

Ah, okay. Sweet. It's hard to notice any sculpt differences in the picture, personally, but the paint apps on the helmet and suit are definitely different. I'm guessing this could be how they decided to get the blue variant out.

Im baffled that such character does not exists in 1/6.
Very happy that art figure gave the finger to 2000ad.

1/6 would definitely be the ideal situation, but either there isn't enough of a market or the companies don't think there's enough of a market. Hoping Mezco expands on this because I definitely like their style more than 3A's. The sculpts -- and paint apps -- seem a lot cleaner and less rustic/artsy.
Getting Anderson, all four Dark Judges, the Angel Gang, and the Sisters of Mercy would likely be a pipe dream though.

i would be surprised if mezco did anymore from 2000ad after dredd. have no idea but i would bet on dredd, bike and thats it.

i know threeA are doin the dark judges, they have robo hunter up now and have their own dredd in the works alos a hammerstiebn from abc warriors. so its nice to have another company to flesh out the 1/12 2000ad collect.

Hey guys, first post here, I was wondering if someone could give me they're opinion on ordering this figure from bigbadtoystore ? I can't order direct from mezco because they won't ship international.
I'm just worried about pre orders not being filled, like what happened when I tried to pre order the mezco batman from a different online store. They didn't recieve stock. So, in short, can I be confident ordering from bigbadtoystore ?
Thanks guys.

Anyone ? .. I know you can't say for certain, I guess I'm just asking if there's is a more suitable place to order from other than mezco directly. I pre ordered the mezco batman from ozgameshop.com & got excuses for 3months then finally told they would not be getting any stock.. I had to pay twice the price and get one from ebay, obviously I'd like to make sure getting dredd is much smoother. So where would you recomend and international buyer to pre order from ? I'm in Australia by the way

Hey guys, first post here, I was wondering if someone could give me they're opinion on ordering this figure from bigbadtoystore ? I can't order direct from mezco because they won't ship international.
I'm just worried about pre orders not being filled, like what happened when I tried to pre order the mezco batman from a different online store. They didn't recieve stock. So, in short, can I be confident ordering from bigbadtoystore ?
Thanks guys.

Big bad toy store or BBTS as it is know is 100% legitimate and huge mega toy store. They will fulfill your order of you pre order no doubt. I have ordered any things from them. Their return policy and customer service is also excellent. Order there with confidence.

yeah no worries if you PO via bigbad, just be aware sometimes they seem to get things later. but def will fullfill your order, no question.

So does anyone know what the cursed earth version looks like under the rad duster ? It seems to be the blue suit version to me..

I know that the suit is blue but i think that the shoulder pauldrons are different as well.Either way,this Dredd looks killer and would look INCREDIBLE on a Lawmaster!CAN'T WAIT!^_^

What I was told, and none of this is guaranteed so don't quote me, the Cursed Earth version has a blue suit but it is not the same blue suit as the one seen at Toy Fair. I'm thinking maybe it'll have battle-damage or be really scuffed-up or something, although it might just be a different shade of blue a la their Dark Knight Mezco and PX exclusives.

And I'm pretty sure there's going to be at least one more exclusive Dredd that hasn't been revealed it. I'm hoping for black with gold armor (instead of yellow). I would have done black/gold (for a modern look) and blue/yellow (for a classic comic look), personally.

Yeh I was thinking it was blue, looks a lighter shade of blue than the one in the first post. Probably weathered aswell. Think I'll pre order the original version aswell.

judge-dredd-cover_prog77_2.jpg

judge_dredd_cursed_earth_color_cover_3.jpg

Judge Dredd in color as he appeared in The Cursed Earth original story arc.

Judeg-Dredd-Cursed-Earth-rifle_3442.jpg

Judeg-Dredd-Cursed-Earth-rifle__3443.jpg

Judeg-Dredd-Cursed-Earth-rifle__3444.jpg

Judeg-Dredd-Cursed-Earth-rifle__3445.jpg

Every picture of Judge Dredd's rifle in The Cursed Earth original story arc.

I didn't see a poncho anywhere in The Cursed Earth original story arc. Progs 71-71 and 77-78 cannot be reprinted due to copyright infringement. I didn't see a poncho in any of the online scans of these missing progs, but not all the pages are online that I could find. Where is the poncho used in The Cursed Earth?

I didn't see a poncho anywhere in The Cursed Earth. Progs 71-71 and 77-78 cannot be reprinted due to copyright infringement. I didn't see a poncho in any of the online scans of these missing progs, but not all the pages are online that I could find. Where is the poncho used in The Cursed Earth?

Over on the 2000AD forums, they said that the "poncho" - actually a radiation cloak, or "rad cloak" - is what Dredd wears when he goes into the Cursed Earth nowadays in the comics, not in that first storyline. So I guess you need to think of it as "Cursed Earth Judge Dredd" meaning "Dredd as he dresses for Cursed Earth" (kind of like Arctic Batman) and not "Cursed Earth Judge Dredd" as in "Dredd as he appeared in the Cursed Earth storyline."

Of course, that doesn't explain the retro Lawgiver with that figure, of course. Perhaps the figure will look like Dredd in the original "Cursed Earth" storyline but Mezco added the rad cloak to give the figure some added value.

Over on the 2000AD forums, they said that the "poncho" - actually a radiation cloak, or "rad cloak" - is what Dredd wears when he goes into the Cursed Earth nowadays in the comics, not in that first storyline. So I guess you need to think of it as "Cursed Earth Judge Dredd" meaning "Dredd as he dresses for Cursed Earth" (kind of like Arctic Batman) and not "Cursed Earth Judge Dredd" as in "Dredd as he appeared in the Cursed Earth storyline."

Of course, that doesn't explain the retro Lawgiver with that figure, of course. Perhaps the figure will look like Dredd in the original "Cursed Earth" storyline but Mezco added the rad cloak to give the figure some added value.

Oh, I see, very good to know! Thank you for explaining that. The rad cloak and figure make a lot more sense now. Thanks for mentioning the 2000AD forums, I'm headed over there to see what they are saying about the Mezco figure. Mezco doesn't make it too easy to differentiate between different versions of their figures before they are released.

2000AD forums
https://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,42054.0.html

If only the eagle on his shoulder would match the retro version. Sigh...

Back