Mezco 1/12 Judge Dredd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys some suggestions would be welcome
I am not a huge Dredd fan and the black figure is sort of meh to me, was planning on getting Disco Dredd separate but the costs for the Lawgiver are ridiculous if I ever wanted to complete the set
Checking out the Mezco site they have the Dark Blue version along with the Lawgiver for $195 plus shipping
I could get both the Black version and his bike for $180 all included
I definetly prefer the Dark Blue version and could even grt a separate Cursed Earth version down the line but is it really worth it? Am I getting too excited and should just go for the separate figures and take it from there? Anybody got the Dark blue version?

Guys some suggestions would be welcome
I am not a huge Dredd fan and the black figure is sort of meh to me, was planning on getting Disco Dredd separate but the costs for the Lawgiver are ridiculous if I ever wanted to complete the set
Checking out the Mezco site they have the Dark Blue version along with the Lawgiver for $195 plus shipping
I could get both the Black version and his bike for $180 all included
I definetly prefer the Dark Blue version and could even grt a separate Cursed Earth version down the line but is it really worth it? Am I getting too excited and should just go for the separate figures and take it from there? Anybody got the Dark blue version?

Just for future ref Invictus the bike is called LAWMASTER and the Gun is the LAWGIVER. Hope that helps from now on.

As for purchase, well the FOUR versions of DREDD released by MEZCO are: Black, Black n White, Disco Blue and Dark Blue.
Personally I pref the Black as that is how Carlos and John had him from the get go.
The Dark Blue does look quite nice and been tempted.
I have Four Disco Dredds but stripped and dyed the suits BLACK lol (as you get the rifle and Radcloak).

TBH i have only ONE of the MEZCO Lawmasters and in Black. I prefer the Classic look Lawmaster so have three ThreeA ordered as well as the Three I have made (previous page shows my custom builds).

If you think Black is Meh, I say Dark Blue (It is shipping now and many are receiving them now) though tbh I think the Disco Dredd figure and sets (figure and Lawmaster) will be the cheaper option eventually of all releases.

Well as I have five Mezco DREDD figures and ALL have had the thigh and torso mods done. Finally getting around to making the other figures their own characters.

So used a ML Frank Castle head, ML Steve Rogers sanded hair off and FIGMA Gourmet Shout/eat face in a Mezco helmet.
Two of the suits are Disco Dredd dyed Black (they hve that nice sheen to them) and painted Knee and elbow pads.

Need to do some New Badges and tbh surprised No one is offering a 3d printed service considering even those who dare not take Mezco Dredd apart could at least switch the badge to "RICO", "KRAKEN" etc. Alas as I do not have a 3d printer will have to sand DREDD off each badge and add new names instead.

z4j.jpgz4j1.jpgz4j2.jpgz4j3.jpg

Next whilst tinkering with the figures I decided to pay Homage to one of the pieces of DREDD Art I truly love. Yes Blue uniform But I can overlook that LOL

259-1.jpg

So posed Mezco Unhelmeted Dredd as best I could to mimic that pose.

zdreddart1.jpg

Then with phone I played with the photo a little (I am new to this so, Sorry its not great).

zdreddart2.jpg

Lastley someone for DREDD to have to deal with. Custom Made Mean Machine Angel.

zmma1.jpgzmma.jpgzmma4.jpgzmma3.jpgzmma2.jpgzmma8.jpgzmma9.jpgzmma7.jpg

I like Mean Machine. :) There was a time that I was considering getting one of the DKR Mutant Leaders to customize, but the idea lost steam.

Big Guy, you seem like the man to ask: how difficult is it to remove the boots, gauntlets, elbow pads and knee pads from these figures? Can you remove the pads without damaging that faux-elasticated strap that's attached to them?

I was thinking about picking up a second Cursed Earth Dredd and seeing if I could get a regular one used or damaged to harvest parts from, then using the Cursed Earth body with the clean green boots and pads from regular edition, plus the regular head with the helmet repainted a dark metallic blue, to create a Bisley Dredd.

2a0c31g.jpg

Big Guy, you seem like the man to ask: how difficult is it to remove the boots, gauntlets, elbow pads and knee pads from these figures? Can you remove the pads without damaging that faux-elasticated strap that's attached to them?

I was thinking about picking up a second Cursed Earth Dredd and seeing if I could get a regular one used or damaged to harvest parts from, then using the Cursed Earth body with the clean green boots and pads from regular edition, plus the regular head with the helmet repainted a dark metallic blue, to create a Bisley Dredd.

2a0c31g.jpg

Hey my friend.

They remove easily enough actually.

No doubt you discovered the belt has a connector, so that is One item off.

Hair dryer the Feet to pop off. Same with the wrists pins (hands as you know pop off anyway).
Hair dryer the Boots (connection to legs) and they will pop off. Same with the Gauntlet body part.
I suggest hair dryer the elbow & knee pads as they connect with a Plug in piece into the respetive Joints. Then shimmy down shin/arms.
Out of Five Mezco Dredd's I have done this too, Only 2 elastic straps have snapped but they glue right back to pads.

You will see Holes in the fauz leather suit at Elbows and Knees, do NOT worry as that is where the Pad plugs go through to connect with the respective joints.

As for putting back together, Knee & Elbow pads first, then Gauntlet and Boot parts, followed by feet and wrist pegs. Then pop belt back on and hands and voila figure is back dressed for duty.

If you fancy tackling taking the dredd face out of the helmet. A Lot of Hair dryer or Hot ater (as its just plastic here), then pop the head out it took some effort still. I also dremelled the inside giving more room for other 6" figure head types. Of course just be careful Not to dremel through the plastic. I always work a bit let it cool etc.

Hope that helps Plastic Bateman.

Thanks for the mod tips, big guy! I really prefer the website exclusive dark blue Dredd and Lawmaster, but I could probably save over $100 going with the black bike and dyeing the cheaper PX Disco Dredd like you have.

Hey my friend.

They remove easily enough actually.

No doubt you discovered the belt has a connector, so that is One item off.

Hair dryer the Feet to pop off. Same with the wrists pins (hands as you know pop off anyway).
Hair dryer the Boots (connection to legs) and they will pop off. Same with the Gauntlet body part.
I suggest hair dryer the elbow & knee pads as they connect with a Plug in piece into the respetive Joints. Then shimmy down shin/arms.
Out of Five Mezco Dredd's I have done this too, Only 2 elastic straps have snapped but they glue right back to pads.

You will see Holes in the fauz leather suit at Elbows and Knees, do NOT worry as that is where the Pad plugs go through to connect with the respective joints.

As for putting back together, Knee & Elbow pads first, then Gauntlet and Boot parts, followed by feet and wrist pegs. Then pop belt back on and hands and voila figure is back dressed for duty.

If you fancy tackling taking the dredd face out of the helmet. A Lot of Hair dryer or Hot ater (as its just plastic here), then pop the head out it took some effort still. I also dremelled the inside giving more room for other 6" figure head types. Of course just be careful Not to dremel through the plastic. I always work a bit let it cool etc.

Hope that helps Plastic Bateman.

That's great, thank you. I've saved it all for future reference.

Definitely going to do this when I've got some spare cash floating around, maybe sometime next year.

big guy, can you confirm if Disco Dredd has a different helmet sculpt than the regular? It looks that way to me at times, but I could be wrong. Regular looks more oblong to me while Disco appears shorter and rounder.

He isnt a bad figure and the extras are great inc the more accurate MKII Lawgiver.
Just the disco blue suit is so off putting, however some like it lol I dyed mine Black and they have a nice sheen to the suit due to the materials used to make the disco suit.

Back