METAL GEAR SOLID thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had my best TDM online...13 kills, 7 headshots, 0 deaths.

I went from lv. 2 to lv. 3 in 3 rounds. I now have the eagle emblem...as I am a headshot master.:chew

From now on, you guys can call me... BIG BOSS
rangbigboss001.jpg

:D:D:D

oooo damn your good :emperor your big boss

I am attempting to get big boss! Very hard though. Any tips dark spidey?

Well play it big boss hard first and unlock the solar gun. To do that you must kill neither the frogs when you meet meryl nor the bb corps, and get their figure each time. Once you have all 5 figures you get the solar gun when you end the game.
Try to buy as many non-lethal ammo as you can.

Then you should be prepared.

I'm about to have the Big Boss rank again with a better score (should be 15min faster)

Let me know if you're having difficulties.

did you just run around Tranqin' people??? seems that would be the easiest way to get through the game fast. tranq all the enemies and just zoom through the area.

But you have to consider the boss battles and the chase events (on Drebin's vehicle and with Big Mama on the bike). Tranqin' enemies in those sequences are a ^^^^^. The Solar gun is a godsend.

Also, the Liquid-Ocelot battle on the submarine takes 15-20 minutes depending on skill.

I'm trying my own run-through on Boss Extreme, so to Dark_Spidey, I salute you.

Thanks plasmid!:chew

hairlesswookie: tranquilizing all ennemies takes too long. Let the militia fight them for you and crawl through the area. In extreme, tranquilized ennemies wake up much faster and call for back up when they do.
Even though the solar gun is great (you get all the items that the ennemy was carrying), it mustn't be used too often because it only knocks the ennemies out for about 30 seconds.

I finally started MGS4 today,since my tv was away for 3 weeks i wasnt able to play before now,i really love it,finished Act 1 in 4 hours today.

Well play it big boss hard first and unlock the solar gun. To do that you must kill neither the frogs when you meet meryl nor the bb corps, and get their figure each time. Once you have all 5 figures you get the solar gun when you end the game.
Try to buy as many non-lethal ammo as you can.

Then you should be prepared.

I'm about to have the Big Boss rank again with a better score (should be 15min faster)

Let me know if you're having difficulties.

Do you have any tips for the bike part of act 3??? will the salor gun work for that i dont have the gun thats why im asking???...did you know if you go nuts killing you will hear liquid say (you love all the killing thats why) then snake will puke.....you have to kill alot both pmc and rebel

Do you have any tips for the bike part of act 3??? will the salor gun work for that i dont have the gun thats why im asking???...did you know if you go nuts killing you will hear liquid say (you love all the killing thats why) then snake will puke.....you have to kill alot both pmc and rebel

The solar gun works well for the bike part of act 3.

Do you need to tranq the bosses even when they are beasts to get the figurines? Correct, right?

Yes, you do.

As for the escape part in act III, the best weapons are the mk2, double barrel and green smoke grenades (throw as many as you can when the bike stops and you should do just fine).

Back