Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on the fence about this, now. I already have the HD Collection (signed by Kojima and Shinkawa) and the box art for this release looks so bland in comparison. I also have DGN 2, and I can pop in my original PS1 copy of VR Missions if I ever wanted to play it :/

I don't know about that? Why did he put Shadow Moses in Guns of the Patriots? He even let you do that whole flash back replay. I really don't think he hates MGS.

I think that was pure fan service, it honestly didn't need to be a part of the game itself.

It was the only thing worth a damn in the entire game.

What makes you say he hates MGS1?

If its the fact he never made a Metal Gear similar to it since MGS2 you could chalk it upto needing to adapt to modern times or what ever. From what i recall i remember Kojima saying MGSV will be more like classic Metal Gear

What makes you say he hates MGS1?

If its the fact he never made a Metal Gear similar to it since MGS2 you could chalk it upto needing to adapt to modern times or what ever. From what i recall i remember Kojima saying MGSV will be more like classic Metal Gear

I will believe that line about as much as Capcom saying "Resident Evil 6 returns to it's roots!"

This is another disappointing repackage. They need to port Twin Snakes and then update all of the previous entries' controls to MGS4 style. Then I'd be all over this.

I'm already sorry that I bought that last bundle because my brain just won't let me go back to not having 2 analog sticks :(

This would destroy the essence of the first 3 games imo.

Also i'm not getting this it's such a rip off! i've got original copies of all the MGS games. The only way i'd get this was if it had a new art book or if they HD'd MGS1 and VR missions

This would destroy the essence of the first 3 games imo.

Also i'm not getting this it's such a rip off! i've got original copies of all the MGS games. The only way i'd get this was if it had a new art book or if they HD'd MGS1 and VR missions

:lecture

Konami has become another sell out corporation that wants to get by doing the bare minimum.

I honestly don't understand why it'd be so hard to just update the character models and clean the environments up a little. That way, it's still the same original MGS, just prettier.

One thing Twin Snakes did better than the original was getting rid of those stupid stereotypical accents.

I honestly don't understand why it'd be so hard to just update the character models and clean the environments up a little. That way, it's still the same original MGS, just prettier.

One thing Twin Snakes did better than the original was getting rid of those stupid stereotypical accents.

What accents are you referring to?

What accents are you referring to?

Naomi's British accent, Mei Ling's Chinese accent, and Nastasha's Russian one. Though I don't really care for Nastasha, Mei Ling was born and raised in North America last I checked, and Naomi was brought to the states at a young age.

Naomi's British accent, Mei Ling's Chinese accent, and Nastasha's Russian one. Though I don't really care for Nastasha, Mei Ling was born and raised in North America last I checked, and Naomi was brought to the states at a young age.

I get that criticism I do, but I kinda liked that to be honest :lol

It was a little stereotypical though.

I don't get why Nastasha wasn't part of MGS4.

Nastasha was a cool character :)
she made look Snake like a noob at times and also she is one of the responsibles of delivering to the public what happened in Shadow Moses after all. Maybe she was killed by the Patriots, with all the censorship stuff, but The Patriots were only managing the war economy at the time, right?

Easy answer: Nastasha was retconed out of the series. It would have been cool if she were in MGS 4 to give Snake advice on weapons, nukes, and whatever else. Instead, we had Rose and her giggly boobs with the six axis.

Easy answer: Nastasha was retconed out of the series. It would have been cool if she were in MGS 4 to give Snake advice on weapons, nukes, and whatever else. Instead, we had Rose and her giggly boobs with the six axis.

Other than giving Snake advice on weaponry and nukes and writing the book on Shadow Moses, she isn't all that important. She was only an informant. Even during the Shadow Moses incident, she was giving her advice via codec from her home in California.

Other than giving Snake advice on weaponry and nukes and writing the book on Shadow Moses, she isn't all that important. She was only an informant. Even during the Shadow Moses incident, she was giving her advice via codec from her home in California.

Rose was in Campbell's home doing lord knows what with that old man :monkey1

Little Jon needs a paternity test.

mgslegacybox_610a.jpg

I swear to you guys the arrangement of the Snakes seems like Kojima favors some renditions more so than others.. :lol

Please that is such crap this is what he is so excited about I mean you can already buy the HD collection this is just a marketing gimmick to resell their older games.

And when it comes to the stuff the fans really want i.e the Arts books you have to go through this lottery to get them
https://www.push-start.co.uk/all/articles/news/latest-gaming-news/announcements/konami-celebrates-metal-gears-25th-anniversary-with-new-games-new-clothes-and-a-film/

"Limited to only 2,500, this fantastic looking art book set consists of “The Art of Metal Gear Solid: Gallery Works” and “The Art of Metal Gear Solid: Studio Works” as well as a set of “scenario” books covering the four numbered entries in the series and Peace Walker. That’s a lot of Metal Gear art, which is quite frankly the best kind of art. My shelf is criminally bereft of Yoji Shinkawa drawings, and as such I shall be keeping an eye on this set. If you too are interested in owning the worlds greatest book box set, then know this, you can only buy them if you enter and subsequently win a raffle. Yes, this set is so limited you have to win the privilege of buying it."

what a joke

Back