Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooooooo... when in the Timeline is Raiden going to become the new Big Boss?

I was playing MGS2 the other day, and Rising... well i always play that. And then i got to thinking how similar the 2 characters are, the simularities between Big Boss and Raiden are more than the snake clones (bar the genetics obviously). Basic stuff aside i.e. both called jack, both wore eye patch on a right eye, both lost arms ect. They essentially have the same back story up until the point where Big Boss actually becomes a leader of his own group. And that kinda looks like a tease at the end of Rising.

Raiden and Big Boss, both raised by a stand-in for a parent. Who raised them to be a killer. Then was manipulated (MGS2 Solidus/MGS3 the boss) in to killing their parent figure by outside forces under the guise of " the greater good ".

I guess Raiden has Rose and Little John ( John.. what Big Boss told Ocelot he was called -_- ) to keep him in line. But still he seems to have a bit of the Kazama devil gene in him.

I dont think it will happen now, in any of the series given Raiden seems to be branched off on his own franchise atleast for now and the Solid franchise lives too far in the past.

Its a shame we didnt get any form of interaction between the 2 characters. Who knows, maybe we will visit Liberia in Phantom Pain.

To be fair, Raiden had other grounds to kill Solidus and didn't really hesitate to, I feel that isn't a similarity. Big Boss didn't want to, and never did. Everything else is a little true, and I believe Solidus once over this too actually, but on different reasons (more amusing but true ones)

Well, i suppose Solidus was more of an antagonist, but the righteous end goal was still there even if it meant stepping on people to get their way. The Boss was no angel herself, but she died a Martyr so she is given a free pass and sympathy. But she was supplying nukes to Volgin and was responsible for alot of the **** that went down

MGS4 is coming to PSN on December 17th! I hope this will make way for an HD remaster of sorts on the PS4. :pray:

Hopefully they open the servers again to have download camos. **** the Platinum, I'm not destroying my PS4 by leaving it on over night like I did with PS3.

Nah, just the PS3 and most definitely PSnow.

You played the game recently didn't you? So the camo server was still offline? :slap

Ah only PS3? And yeah the servers were down still. How much could that server really take up at Konami, that it required to get axed? What are they, Capcom? :lol

Ah only PS3? And yeah the servers were down still. How much could that server really take up at Konami, that it required to get axed? What are they, Capcom? :lol

Yeah, you could probably forget about backwards compatibility on PS4 of any kind except for PSnow, which in turn makes it better off to play on a PS3 instead. I think the MGS4 servers are down for good if it's this long, is there any other way to get those camos? I need them too.

Nah there's no way to get them now

Why do you need them, just for completest sake?

i don't have them either but they aren't needed for the plat or anything

Yeah, you could probably forget about backwards compatibility on PS4 of any kind except for PSnow, which in turn makes it better off to play on a PS3 instead. I think the MGS4 servers are down for good if it's this long, is there any other way to get those camos? I need them too.

I posted the question to Gamefaqs. I thought it would be saved into a gamesave, but they said it's in the installation file of the game itself and someone would need to upload that. Although, I don't know if you can stick that in someone else's PS3.

Nah there's no way to get them now

Why do you need them, just for completest sake?

i don't have them either but they aren't needed for the plat or anything

Well the HD collection Plat runs I did made me want it. It's not worth it. It wasn't long after I did it that my first PS3 died from overheating since I had to leave it on over night to get the crawling requirement for an emblem.

i wanted them for about 3 days before i realized you couldn't get them anymore and that you didn't actually need them for anything other than having them

I thought it was already available on ps3 download lol.
I just wanna play the game with the ds4 controller. I hope Sony make it fully compatible with ps3 if they're not gonna bring all the HD collections over to ps4. It's the least they could do

I'm not sure if a HD upgrade for MGS 4 is even needed, seeing as how the game runs so smoothly already. I just think that if there is a HD remake, they'd probably keep it at 30 fps, seeing as how developers are moving away from 60 fps as the gold-standard.

It would be cool if Konami released it on the PS4 and added DS4 implementation as well. You could probably do some neat things with the touch pad.

I'm not sure if a HD upgrade for MGS 4 is even needed, seeing as how the game runs so smoothly already. I just think that if there is a HD remake, they'd probably keep it at 30 fps, seeing as how developers are moving away from 60 fps as the gold-standard.

It would be cool if Konami released it on the PS4 and added DS4 implementation as well. You could probably do some neat things with the touch pad.

Oh you'd be surprised. MGS4's assets were at a sub-HD resolution (upscaled to 720p and 1080p), resulting in plenty of jaggies and playing it recently I saw quite a few stuttering. Granted, this all came to light after seeing all these remasters in person and the game would have been fine on it's own if this remaster trend didn't pop out recently.

As for the framerate, MGS4 is now the only console based MGS sequel to not run in 60fps, and such an update will add wonders to the gameplay since 60fps is.. Hey, is that you, Solidus? :horror

Oh you'd be surprised. MGS4's assets were at a sub-HD resolution (upscaled to 720p and 1080p), resulting in plenty of jaggies and playing it recently I saw quite a few stuttering. Granted, this all came to light after seeing all these remasters in person and the game would have been fine on it's own if this remaster trend didn't pop out recently.

As for the framerate, MGS4 is now the only console based MGS sequel to not run in 60fps, and such an update will add wonders to the gameplay since 60fps is.. Hey, is that you, Solidus? :horror

Yeah, I guess you're right, I forgot that MGS 4 was upscaled. I remember that the character models looked fantastic, but the environments were pretty lackluster. But, I think that regardless of a HD upgrade, you're still going to see A LOT of jaggies. The current gen looks great, but it's surprising how much the consoles lack decent anti-aliasing capabilities.

Hey, is that you, Solidus? :horror

Hahahrawrrahaha (Jeff Goldblum Laugh Remix)

Back