Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man, i plat'd MGS3 on the PS3 yesterday, piece of cake man did it on the first run through. I had a small amount of trouble with the Kerotans you have to shoot while moving on the motorbike i the woods after the runway bit but only took about an hour for that whole bit

I will get on with finishing MGS2 extreme tonight if i can then i gotta do the VR missions too

Congrats on the Plat! I'm sure it's a nice break from MGS2.

I beat the MGS2's Extreme mode last night with barely any continues and about 3 hours. It's easy with the Infinite Wig and stealth camo. There's also a trick on the Arsenal Tengus so I managed that without taking any damage. Spamming Chaff on Ray helped a lot and do master the L1 blocking when facing Solidus. All in all, nothing difficult and nowhere near as bad as the BBE Bike Chase.

Thanks man, i plat'd MGS3 on the PS3 yesterday, piece of cake man did it on the first run through. I had a small amount of trouble with the Kerotans you have to shoot while moving on the motorbike i the woods after the runway bit but only took about an hour for that whole bit

I will get on with finishing MGS2 extreme tonight if i can then i gotta do the VR missions too

Nice Frank. MGS3 Plat isn't too tedious but it's rewarding.

My heart pretty much stopped beating when I beat the toughest mission ever- MGS1 Snake Variety Level 1. Jesus Christ.

15724756575_b8e6e665e4_z.jpg

So close to the Platinum now, I could almost smell the "too much time in my hands nerd award."

15539320078_6799d198e1_z.jpg

Nice Ryan. I just can't be bothered going for that Plat, I don't need the aggravation.

On the contrary, Rising is much harder. Much, much harder. At lest MGS2 was aggravating but no mission had me more than 10-15 retries. I could never do Rising's VR18 even if I had a gun on my head so I don't know what possessed you to get the plat for Rising. I'll bet the farm you're still the only one here who got it on SSF. :lol

On the contrary, Rising is much harder. Much, much harder. At lest MGS2 was aggravating but no mission had me more than 10-15 retries. I could never do Rising's VR18 even if I had a gun on my head so I don't know what possessed you to get the plat for Rising. I'll bet the farm you're still the only one here who got it on SSF. :lol

Yeah I wouldn't doubt I'm the only idiot who invested a good 48 hours of my life in retries to finally pull it off :lol

I used to be an Ace at playing that game, but now I'm just pretty good. I used to be able to run through Revengeance mode no problem.

Yeah I wouldn't doubt I'm the only idiot who invested a good 48 hours of my life in retries to finally pull it off :lol

I used to be an Ace at playing that game, but now I'm just pretty good. I used to be able to run through Revengeance mode no problem.

I think at our age we're all getting rustier with age. I heard there's a study where your lightning fast gaming skills deteriorate after the age of 24. That explains why I suck at games nowadays. :lol

Any tips on how on how to consistently get the S-rank on Revengeance mode? Even with the Fox blade I mess up, and by the time I try to restart, the checkpoint's over. :slap

I think at our age we're all getting rustier with age. I heard there's a study where your lightning fast gaming skills deteriorate after the age of 24. That explains why I suck at games nowadays. :lol

Any tips on how on how to consistently get the S-rank on Revengeance mode? Even with the Fox blade I mess up, and by the time I try to restart, the checkpoint's over. :slap

Well I'd say the Fox blade makes up for 40% of success. But the main thing you need to master is enemy attack patterns, and know what they'll do before they do it. The hardest regular enemy to fight I think, is the heavily armored cyborgs that carry the big sword.

I think I managed the sword wielding cyborgs well in story mode. But, those black Mastiffs gave me nightmares.

Well I'd say the Fox blade makes up for 40% of success. But the main thing you need to master is enemy attack patterns, and know what they'll do before they do it. The hardest regular enemy to fight I think, is the heavily armored cyborgs that carry the big sword.

And the ripper mode actually deducts your points won't it? It's pretty useless for the S-rank. Thanks for the tips Pliss, I'll get to the plat someday. Can't be harder than Arkham City, which still gives me nightmares.

I think I managed the sword wielding cyborgs well in story mode. But, those black Mastiffs gave me nightmares.

Those dumb apes are easy with the Fox blade and ripper mode. Do you have it?

Not far off now Ryan!

I wish i had my xBox progress on my PS3 :monkey2

If it's any consolation, this is my third time getting 100% in VR. First for the PS2 back in 2003, second was for my now-defunct PSN account, and this will be my third. I'll let you know MGS1 Snake hold ups are a nightmare on PS3 compared to Xbox. You have been warned.

How far did you made on the 360 anyway, Frank?

They're not bad with the Fox blade, but in VR 18 you got the default sword and you need to parry them :pow

And the ripper mode actually deducts your points won't it? It's pretty useless for the S-rank. Thanks for the tips Pliss, I'll get to the plat someday. Can't be harder than Arkham City, which still gives me nightmares.

If it's any consolation, this is my third time getting 100% in VR. First for the PS2 back in 2003, second was for my now-defunct PSN account, and this will be my third. I'll let you know MGS1 Snake hold ups are a nightmare on PS3 compared to Xbox. You have been warned.

I forgot about Ripper mode. It doesn't deduct anything, and you can use the wig to stay in Ripper permanently.

I need to replay Rising, because I downloaded the DLC for the Fox Blade. Those damn, dirty apes threw Raiden around like a rag doll :gah:. I remember there was an item in a room where six of them dropped in all at once. The regular high-frequency sword couldn't manage them at all.

I think i made it pretty far through MGS1 Snake but don't quote me on that. I think i may be either about where you are now or earlier on

I need to replay Rising, because I downloaded the DLC for the Fox Blade. Those damn, dirty apes threw Raiden around like a rag doll :gah:. I remember there was an item in a room where six of them dropped in all at once. The regular high-frequency sword couldn't manage them at all.

Fox blade cuts through everything besides bosses like a hot knife through butter.

I love Revengeance mode since if you parry a boss in it, you can wipe out half their health or more. It does wonders against Sam.

Mortals :lol

Revengeance takes a high degree of skill to parry with. You got to get S's in EVERYTHING. Without Fox blade, it's probably impossible. I don't feel like I cheated or anything, since Boss fights requires nothing but skill and the Fox blade's cutting ability is nullified.

The hardest fight to get an S on Rev mode was Monsoon, definitely. Took a LOT of retries.

Mortals :lol

Revengeance takes a high degree of skill to parry with. You got to get S's in EVERYTHING. Without Fox blade, it's probably impossible. I don't feel like I cheated or anything, since Boss fights requires nothing but skill and the Fox blade's cutting ability is nullified.

The hardest fight to get an S on Rev mode was Monsoon, definitely. Took a LOT of retries.

Do I need to restart if I take hits from the Crypt Keeper, I mean Monsoon?

Seriously, he's the Crypt Keeper.

Do I need to restart if I take hits from the Crypt Keeper, I mean Monsoon?

Seriously, he's the Crypt Keeper.

I know he is :lol

If you want an S, you can't take hits whatsoever. Getting stunned from his smoke bombs doesn't hurt though. The hardest part in fighting him is blocking his sais half way through the fight, like when he sends his legs running after you.

I need to get back and plat/100% MGR. Such a fun game, didn't really like the last mission. Things just went on for too long >.> was still cool (NANOMACHINES SON. I lost it there, I really did) but eh, not the best part. But everything else about the game was great. Gonna try to learn and master it later.

I just gotta wonder how bad the higher difficulties could be...

Back