Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . . The hands are very specific since they are missing the thumb and index finger off them and there really is none on eBay that are similar, that I've found anyway.

As a last resort, you could use fabric gloves and cut the thumb and two fingers to match. I can understand not wanting to do that since molded glove hands will look better, but the fabric gloves should be easier to come across. It's what I ended up having to use.

IMG_20170728_104018_771.jpg

As a last resort, you could use fabric gloves and cut the thumb and two fingers to match. I can understand not wanting to do that since molded glove hands will look better, but the fabric gloves should be easier to come across. It's what I ended up having to use.

View attachment 356561

That ain't bad. Did you put use tiny beads for the back of the hand? My only suggestion would be lengthening the wrist section of the glove, but you can only do so much with those type of gloves.

I'm sure Jack could model some. Wouldn't be hard at all give the stuff he's shown.

The "holes" in the gloves were made by dotting a combo of glue and black paint, then puncturing them just before that stuff dried. There's probably a way better method for doing this, but I wasn't aware of one.

The "holes" in the gloves were made by dotting a combo of glue and black paint, then puncturing them just before that stuff dried. There's probably a way better method for doing this, but I wasn't aware of one.

That's pretty good. There's nothing even remotely similar to those gloves out there since they're so specific, but that's as close as anyone could do it by hand.

The gloves are the main reason I never tried to make my own BDU Naked Snake.

Thanks. Yeah, trying to find accurate gloves was a pain, so I know exactly where you're coming from. Hopefully, someone makes a set of molded ones at some point.

It's why the Inflames ones which sat on eBay forever, vanished when people started using them for their Naked Snakes.

Yep. Problem with those is that they need the extra wrist attachment. Also don't like the one flat hand. That's why a new set of molded ones would be great.

Naked Snake *SOLD!*
Ocelot mgs5 $800
Toture snake *SOLD!*
Quiet $450 (custom outfit)
Venom Snake $450 (need arm, head will come painted)
Big boss mgs4 *SOLD!*
Liquid Snake $450 (head will come painted)
Medi old snake (modded suit will come with custom Sean Dabbs painted head and repainted suit)$500
Meryl mgs1 $150
Meryl mgs4 *SOLD!* (rare muriel set)
Raiden medicom *SOLD!* (crotch area must be re glued)

Buy 2x figures get $50 off buy 3x get $100 off

After sanding and repainting the face, adding an earring, modifying the pants, adding kneepads & pouches, and painting the gun black, I can't think of much else to do on this one. She still needs her bag, but that's going to be a mini nightmare, so I'd rather work on a couple of other figs first. If anyone would care to point out areas that need improvement, I'd really appreciate it. BTW, The color differences in the pics are due to one being taken with the flash on in the hopes of making details clearer.

IMG_20170731_163807_943.jpg

IMG_20170731_143230_884.jpg

Meryl looks great, the face isnt there yet though. I would dl screenshots from the game and really study them because the shape isnt correct. Its far better than what it was though.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That's looks good man. The head isn't all the way there but it's definitely better than I could do. Keep practicing and it will be great in no time.

So here's something I found today. Way back in 2010 I attempted to sculpt an Old Snake figure. This was the results. I learned that this was clearly not my path so I found a career blowing stuff up instead :rotfl
Screenshot_20170731-214141.jpg

Thank you all for the feedback; it helps a lot. When I get back to the Meryl face, I'll try focusing on the jawline next. Maybe that'll do the trick.

And, Dylan: blowing stuff up is a damn good thing to fall back on. Way more fun than sculpting.

Pretty heartbroken I missed out on that Big Boss, I just didn't see it in time. Can you guys tell me roughly how many were made, it was before I started collecting?

Back