Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amnur did a MGS1 & 2 snake hs

I've got the 2 head it's with greggo supposedly being painted

Logan said that there wasn't interest for the MGS4 snake and GZ BB, when I asked if he'd consider doing MGS4 BB

Parted DX12 and thought "hmmm, what if..."

This is just a photoshopped concept (no ****).
I think it's a good start, wish me luck :lol

Good luck on Ninja! Looks pretty rad so far, actually.

Still waiting on a sculpt from Logan25, but it's getting there...
photo(1).JPG

I'll probably put a Metal Boss hand on, and swap out Medicom's. Thinking of trying to darken the BDU a bit somehow & dye the vest etc.

Last edited:
Hello board, first post...

Wow, that Custom Punished Snake is coming along nicely... But you need to pick one of these for the head.

https://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261401451065

Just ordered one myself , and I tried putting quick colors and such on it using Photoshop ... Great Head, really... Hopefully I can paint to look half decent, newbie at Custom Figures after all... I'm especially scared about painting the eye... But thankfully there's only one so I should avoid cross eyes and asymmetry.
Colored Big Boss Head.jpg

As for the Custom Zombie Facecamo Snake I'm making, I ordered a couple of trinkets so far, which should give me something like this , as far as the figure goes. I'm looking at options for the pouches and accessories, but I'm probably gonna use some old vintage GI Joe stuff that my dad bought way back; that stuff looks kinda average , but I don't want to overshoot my budget buying pouches and canteens at 20 bucks each or something. I'll take a free deformed M16 and Colt 1911 over paying top dollars for them, basically.

Here's a provisional photo, will add pics of the real one once I get all those scattered parts ordered from all over the world. Can't wait to build me a proper snake... (Thinks of the Medicom Figure, EWW). I'll probably make a scarf and try to mod him some Punished Snake Gear to go along with the head, once I catch my bearings and make the Naked Snake figure good enough... And if I can paint that thing without making look like a kindergarden scuplture.
Snake Test 2.jpg

@DeathlyFighter : Post the head pic if you already got the HS.
@stealth_Cobra : Post the unpainted head pic ... pleaseeeeee. Cause i'm interested to that head too.
@ryan : Hmmm.... CMToys body, it has a big waist line. Just try to find pants that same size just like SoldierStory pants, it will fit perfectly.

Good luck on Ninja! Looks pretty rad so far, actually.

View attachment 90753

I'll probably put a Metal Boss hand on, and swap out Medicom's. Thinking of trying to darken the BDU a bit somehow & dye the vest etc.

Nice :clap

that BDU looks great

Hehe, Got my body and head in the mail today. Decided to throw in a quick and ugly pic. Still got a hellalot of work to do on this guy. Here's a goofy "work in progress shot" with temporary ugly as hell BDU clothing till I get my proper tiger stripes and work on him more. It's vintage GI Joe crap, so it looks bad, but as I said, temporary stuff.

Funny Poss.jpg

So far, I've done the tactical belt (Pretty good for a makeshift one) and the undershirt (Modded a vintage and way too big GI Joe shirt so it fits and it has a turtleneck design). Also started working on the eye patch... Got the shape and fabric okay, but working on a proper rope to keep it attached.

I'll hopefully get the Tiger Stripes Camo and the boots in the mail soon hopefully, cause poor snake can't stand wearing ugly GI Joe clothes that make him look like a deformed circus midget. I'll also hopefully get the Stabo Harness, which i'll need to customize a little so it's accurate with the one Snake is wearing. Need to turn the ugly grayish thing on his leg into a tighter and black knee cover thingy, gotta paint and add the survival knife, perhaps repaint his M16 and Colt 1911 ... Basically, there's alot of stuff left to do, but I think he'll be pretty cool in the long run. Need to find a a solution for his gloves though... I was thinking of simply painting his hand , but it's bound to look stupid...

Quick Edit : Getting there. Here's Snake Posing with another Legend, making him look like a midget in the process.

P1060001.jpg

Still need to get my stabo harness and to do a little tweaks to the BDU top, mainly the collar and try to make it fit better (it's way bigger than Snake, which explains why it looks kinda odd on the picture when it comes to the neckline and such. Probably made for an Arnold type body with muscles five times the size of his head. I'll take proper pictures with dynamic poses and lighting once it's finished. So far i'm satisfied. Need to either paint his hands for a glove effect or figure out a way to give him gloves, i'll need to make him a CQC knife and that radio thingy on the stabo harness (Survival Knife is done and on his leg). Painted his Cold 1911, His M16, plus a Sniper Rifle for him to use... He's getting pretty cool.

I made some Diamond Dogs 1/6 cloth patches for the armbands i have a few as i made some extras if interested.

QUOTE=DeathlyFighter;6508152]Good luck on Ninja! Looks pretty rad so far, actually.

View attachment 90753

I'll probably put a Metal Boss hand on, and swap out Medicom's. Thinking of trying to darken the BDU a bit somehow & dye the vest etc.[/QUOTE]

I made some 1/6 Diamond Dogs patches on fabric for my custom punished Snake and i have just a few if interested.
This is what is missing on this custom

Any type of matte black fake leater should work. SOmething stretchy and matte.

In the meantime here's some more pics of my Punished Snake. SOme crappy one but some pics :)

IMG_1667_zps40745128.jpg

IMG_1666_zps030f7b3e.jpg

IMG_1669_zps882e3238.jpg

did he get shot by a shotgun? holy moly!

Well, my sawing skills sucks but that's the only way you're gonna have the vest fit. As you can see though, the thighs and arms are skintight as in the game. I'm leaving him like this for now as I'm repainting the crotch buckles white.

well, i was going to ask you why you cut him up. i figured that though. i was just sad to see the holes in the reeves body. my bad. im going to look for a couple of muscle bodies for solid and liquid. maybe i can come up with something. i bet that body was a lot of money!

well, i was going to ask you why you cut him up. i figured that though. i was just sad to see the holes in the reeves body. my bad. im going to look for a couple of muscle bodies for solid and liquid. maybe i can come up with something. i bet that body was a lot of money!

Yeah, there's NO way to get the vest on because his ribs are protruding. The problem with other bodies is that their biceps and thighs are kinda small, unless someone might add to the contrary. With that said, I think the TTM21 would fit the bill.

Oh, you also need to cut off the rubber chest and leave the neck area, plus some other mods if you ever got the Reeve body. So far I'm really happy with it.

I got the CM Toys Muscle body for Liquid. He finally looks like a man now! :lol

Back