Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20200830_042259.jpg 20200830_042353.jpg
20200830_042431.jpg

95% complete on Iroquois Pliskin Lieutenant Junior Grade. He still needs a holster and compression knee sleeves and then he is all finished.

I may be selling my Painted MGS 2 Snake Pliskin head sculpt if anyone is interested in making him. I don't know if I will ever get around to it.
Glad you stuck it out and carried on making your plisken custom. Is it just me, I cant see the pictures. Would like to see the progress.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Glad you stuck it out and carried on making your plisken custom. Is it just me, I cant see the pictures. Would like to see the progress.

Thank you man. Really, they show up for me on mobile. Let me know if they don't upload or appear. Glad to hear your thoughts on how I did.

Thank you man. Really, they show up for me on mobile. Let me know if they don't upload or appear. Glad to hear your thoughts on how I did.
I think it was my phone...
Great custom. I am currently making a Plisken too. Is that the LBV vest from the Sarah Conner figure?

I think it was my phone...
Great custom. I am currently making a Plisken too. Is that the LBV vest from the Sarah Conner figure?

Nope but you're close. Its the John Connor Terminator Salvation vest, I found it on Blackopstoys. I am excited to see your custom once its done. I will be working on some Metal Gear 1 and 2 customs of Solid Snake and Gray Fox that I will be posting.

Can anyone please point me in the direction of any snake headsculpts other than questionable venom sculpts currently littering eBay?

I would also like to know this. I think my favourite sculpt is Old Snake by Rocco. I would love to see if there?s any of these floating about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way back in the mid 2000s I think I was maybe 12 when the croc cap mediaom snake released, now being an adult I I tend to purchase things I wanted from my childhood but never obtained, so I went out and bought the cheapest croc cap snake I could find. It was $150 and it was missing it's pouches and the wetsuit had desintergrated, besides that it was complete, I received it about a month ago and unfortunately everything was filthy so I pulled it all apart and cleaned everything, upon disassembly I noticed the body had broke (typical medicom) so I then decided to our the figure on a slim TrueType and after that I noticed the snake Camo was badly faded. So in all this small project of me just buying a snake and finding some pouches and a wetsuit changed to me putting it on a new body then buying some ace tiger stripe Camo aswell, not really a custom more of a kitbash, really the only custom thing I did was chop up the body and get the proportions right, I also glued wrist sockets in the hands so the function like normal hands, just waiting on the wetsuit now. What does everyone think ? Proportions on the body look okay ?
IMG_20211022_233009.jpg
IMG_20211022_233055.jpg

Way back in the mid 2000s I think I was maybe 12 when the croc cap mediaom snake released, now being an adult I I tend to purchase things I wanted from my childhood but never obtained, so I went out and bought the cheapest croc cap snake I could find. It was $150 and it was missing it's pouches and the wetsuit had desintergrated, besides that it was complete, I received it about a month ago and unfortunately everything was filthy so I pulled it all apart and cleaned everything, upon disassembly I noticed the body had broke (typical medicom) so I then decided to our the figure on a slim TrueType and after that I noticed the snake Camo was badly faded. So in all this small project of me just buying a snake and finding some pouches and a wetsuit changed to me putting it on a new body then buying some ace tiger stripe Camo aswell, not really a custom more of a kitbash, really the only custom thing I did was chop up the body and get the proportions right, I also glued wrist sockets in the hands so the function like normal hands, just waiting on the wetsuit now. What does everyone think ? Proportions on the body look okay ?View attachment 542428View attachment 542429
I can't remember for the life of me where I read this, but Naked Snake was supposed to be built like Schwarzenegger in his prime. A slim TT fits more with Solid Snake, IMO.

I also own a Medicom Naked Snake, and the fact that you were able to kitbash the head onto a Hot Toys TT gives me some ideas on improving the figure. The default body just doesn't work for me.

I can't remember for the life of me where I read this, but Naked Snake was supposed to be built like Schwarzenegger in his prime. A slim TT fits more with Solid Snake, IMO.

I also own a Medicom Naked Snake, and the fact that you were able to kitbash the head onto a Hot Toys TT gives me some ideas on improving the figure. The default body just doesn't work for me.
Originally I had planned on using the medicom Camo, that's why I put him on a slim body but the Camo wasn't useable in the end, I did end up putting bigger forearms and legs on him after I got the tiger stripe tho anyway I think he looks pretty good snake definitely isn't Arnie physique in the game and I agree the medicom body just sucks it's probably the main downside of the figure, besides the body I personally prefer their snakes over the one we got from hot toys

Not bad! The rubber suit on mine disintegrated on my Medicom Snake as well. I’m thinking of getting a cheap scuba suit off eBay to replace it. For now it sits in the box…

I wish someone would do a camo MGS3 Snake.

Not bad! The rubber suit on mine disintegrated on my Medicom Snake as well. I’m thinking of getting a cheap scuba suit off eBay to replace it. For now it sits in the box…

I wish someone would do a camo MGS3 Snake.
I'd love a Camo snake too it's my favourite look out of the series, I'll post once I get my wetsuit from evilbay, might be an okay replacement for the medicom one

It's good to see that you're working with the Medicom Snake head-sculpt and camo. Most of the customs I've seen on this board seem to focus on HT sculpt instead (personally, I've always preferred the Medi figure).

Originally I had planned on using the medicom Camo, that's why I put him on a slim body but the Camo wasn't useable in the end, I did end up putting bigger forearms and legs on him after I got the tiger stripe tho anyway I think he looks pretty good snake definitely isn't Arnie physique in the game and I agree the medicom body just sucks it's probably the main downside of the figure, besides the body I personally prefer their snakes over the one we got from hot toys
I couldn't find a screenshot of the naked camo from MGS3 for comparison, but here he is from MGSPW:
C41746FC-9D8D-48A4-8499-7C671C64E90C.jpeg

Maybe not quite Schwarzenegger, but definitely buff. Maybe he got more jacked in the 10 years between MGS3 and PW?

EDIT: here's the best shot I found of MGS3 with shirt off:
87DDEA0B-6646-42DE-B88C-8F0457B29AC2.jpeg

EDIT: here's another from MGS3:
678EA4BF-46DA-4B58-B986-A487D33D17D8.jpeg

This last one is not very flattering, but if someone rotates the 3D model in the survival viewer, they could get better shots of the model. If I get off my lazy ass tomorrow, I'll see if I feel like taking a series of photos of the model from the survival viewer. I can't do screenshots from the equipment that I have access to, so photos from my phone is the best that I could do.

Last edited:
Back