Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good to see that you're working with the Medicom Snake head-sculpt and camo. Most of the customs I've seen on this board seem to focus on HT sculpt instead (personally, I've always preferred the Medi figure).
Yep I agree, definitely prefer the medicom sculpts

I couldn't find a screenshot of the naked camo from MGS3 for comparison, but here he is from MGSPW:
View attachment 542569
Maybe not quite Schwarzenegger, but definitely buff. Maybe he got more jacked in the 10 years between MGS3 and PW?

EDIT: here's the best shot I found of MGS3 with shirt off:
View attachment 542570
He looks swole in peace Walker lol

Sorry for this but does any one have any recommendations of where I could either commission or buy a custom snake figure?

Could you share some photos?
This is another

IMG-20190615-WA0001.jpg

You're pretty good. I need to remember to hire you for a commission when my financial situation gets better. That's damn good work.👍
Thank you. A lot of people keep asking me for that head sculpt. It's long sold out, only a few get made because lack of interest. People want it but only a few pay for it lol. But after it's sold out, there's always people asking, I'll humour them by making a new version and with bandana too. But I'm not really sure it will sell. I don't get why. Is it because it's a video game character? Or do I have to charge a super high end price for it??

LOL joking aside, thank you guys for your appreciation on my work. I don't get that a lot, so your appreciation means a lot to me. And believe me you will see another better Naked Snake head sculpt from me :D

Poptoys wetsuit arrived today, I ended up cutting the bottom half of it off and removing the zipper then putting it on back the front and setting it in place with abit of craft glue were the zip was, it turned out alright, also found some jungle boots
Screenshot_2021-10-27-21-51-26~2.jpg
IMG_20211027_214707.jpg
IMG_20211027_214824.jpg
IMG_20211027_214740.jpg
IMG_20211027_214748.jpg

Poptoys wetsuit arrived today, I ended up cutting the bottom half of it off and removing the zipper then putting it on back the front and setting it in place with abit of craft glue were the zip was, it turned out alright, also found some jungle bootsView attachment 542946View attachment 542947View attachment 542948View attachment 542949View attachment 542950

The wetsuit makes the figure look "thicker" and less thin. Maybe a muscular True Type isn't necessary for what I have in mind for my own kitbash. Hmm... need to think about this one.

The wetsuit makes the figure look "thicker" and less thin. Maybe a muscular True Type isn't necessary for what I have in mind for my own kitbash. Hmm... need to think about this one.
I'd personally go with a skinny body if you're using that specific wetsuit as it's quite thick and I had abit of trouble getting the sleeves over the wetsuit, but you're definitely right, the wetsuit filles the figure out quite nicely

Small update, tightened the neck part of the westuit so it sat better. Also what are people's opinions on collar ? Up or down ?
IMG_20211027_234643.jpg
IMG_20211027_234714.jpg
IMG_20211027_234721.jpg

I'd personally go with a skinny body if you're using that specific wetsuit as it's quite thick and I had abit of trouble getting the sleeves over the wetsuit, but you're definitely right, the wetsuit filles the figure out quite nicely
I own a body suit that's not a wetsuit, but since I have no intention of dunking the figure in the water, it can serve the purpose of looking like a wetsuit without actually being a wetsuit. It's quite stretchy and thin, so it should accomodate a muscular body. But if I went with an actual wetsuit, I already own a slim body for that as well. Decisions, decisions...

Ideally, cost permitting, I'd do an actual wetsuit with a muscular body. The problem lies in finding an actual wetsuit that can accomodate a muscular body while still allowing the fatigues to be worn over it, as you've pointed out.

I own a body suit that's not a wetsuit, but since I have no intention of dunking the figure in the water, it can serve the purpose of looking like a wetsuit without actually being a wetsuit. It's quite stretchy and thin, so it should accomodate a muscular body. But if I went with an actual wetsuit, I already own a slim body for that as well. Decisions, decisions...

Ideally, cost permitting, I'd do an actual wetsuit with a muscular body. The problem lies in finding an actual wetsuit that can accomodate a muscular body while still allowing the fatigues to be worn over it, as you've pointed out.
Hmm decisions decisions, could always try both ? Probably be a pain in the ass though

Phenomenal work! I was so disappointed with the HT figure due to the choice of suit, but this shows how much better their sculpt could have been, as well.
Thank you :) yeah HT chose the wrong reference for their figure. I guess it's due to the MGS3DS that is out around that time. The sculpt and suit are based on that promo pic of the game. Snake looks more like the design in MGS Peace Walker. It's not the Naked Snake I've seen in MGS3. That's why I create my own, based on the in game look.

Na, the HT head with resculpted hair, on the Stallone or Arnold type bodies in Tigers is perfection. Medicom, while closer to the artwork, looks way too doll like next to all the modern figures.

Back