Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you have in mind? If you want something accurate, the only aftermarket BDUs that are available are the Tiger Stripe or plain Olive Drab. You'll need an undersuit for him as well.

no hes doing naked naked snake. any bdu from the game is fine you just have to find one that was in it. id use a seamless muscle body if i were you, itd look better. the only thing is is theyre expensive.

If you can't find a seamless then I'd use a TTM19 but not the wolverine body If you can find one. Wolverine is a bit hairy. The TTM20 is a bit too big for Big Boss too

Coincidentally I scored a nice tiger camo off ebay the other day for a BDU bash. Only got me £20 for the pants and top

Hi, I don't want to derail the thread, but I figure this is probably the best place to ask. I've got the Hot Toys Naked Snake figure, and recently picked up the Crocodile Cap from the Metal Boss set, stupidly thinking it would fit straight on the Hot Toys fig. What's the best way to modify the cap to fit it on Snakes head? And for reference, i'm an idiot, so the easier the better.

Hi, I don't want to derail the thread, but I figure this is probably the best place to ask. I've got the Hot Toys Naked Snake figure, and recently picked up the Crocodile Cap from the Metal Boss set, stupidly thinking it would fit straight on the Hot Toys fig. What's the best way to modify the cap to fit it on Snakes head? And for reference, i'm an idiot, so the easier the better.

I don't have a Metal Baws figure but I'll assume that it's similar, if not bigger than the Medicom's. My best bet would be using a hair dryer on the the Crop Cap to loosen it up and you should be able to put it on. Just be careful of the HT Snake's earpiece wire, that comes off easily.

I'm assuming you're doing this for pure aesthetics, as it doesn't make much sense for sneaking suit Snake to wear a Croc Cap.

I don't have a Metal Baws figure but I'll assume that it's similar, if not bigger than the Medicom's. My best bet would be using a hair dryer on the the Crop Cap to loosen it up and you should be able to put it on. Just be careful of the HT Snake's earpiece wire, that comes off easily.

I'm assuming you're doing this for pure aesthetics, as it doesn't make much sense for sneaking suit Snake to wear a Croc Cap.

That worked, cheers.

And yeah, purely aesthetic. I love that stupid croc cap...

Re: Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread REDUX

Hei would you do a cast of that awesome headsculpt please? :)

My friend came over so I borrowed his expensive DSLR camera, I wished I had the money to buy one!

16705407188_34fc11f915_c.jpg

16667993877_9c94838b4e_c.jpg

16667782857_09b338c710_b.jpg

16875104795_55b2ba8f09_b.jpg

16252738494_83943bda7c_b.jpg

Last edited:
I always loved that Wolf custom of yours.

Thanks Pliss! It's by far the most hassle free Yamato to mod. You just need a repaint, cut the neck and new body and boom, another 1/6 figure to your collection! The sculpt holds up to Shinkawa's art very well IMO.

My pal Mosya is selling the set at dirt cheap, too bad I can't afford dirt cheap though. :lol

sweet custom ryan! i really need to get my wolf done. on a side note pete ffffiiiiinnnnaaaallllyyyyy sent out my heads so i can finally finish my old snake and old bb customs as well as my mgs1 snake and pak mgs1 snake. i cant wait. im going to contact evilface for some labels, i just got 10 hot toys stands in a week ago.

:rotfl

sweet custom ryan! i really need to get my wolf done. on a side note pete ffffiiiiinnnnaaaallllyyyyy sent out my heads so i can finally finish my old snake and old bb customs as well as my mgs1 snake and pak mgs1 snake. i cant wait. im going to contact evilface for some labels, i just got 10 hot toys stands in a week ago.

Thanks Jason! Follow those steps I mentioned and you'll have one heck of a Sniper Wolf figure, should be a piece of cake for someone like you. How much did you paid for them stands?

Hey guys, continuing what was discussed on the MGS thread, I was converting a HT Snake into a BDU version. Still waiting for the BDU to arrive so here is my progress so far- I used a POP Toys Wetsuit as the undersuit and it really feels like the Medicom undersuit. It's skintight and stretchy and for my money, would make an excellent MGS2 Snake suit if not for the pockets.

16890361269_869ef97eae_c.jpg

16888808658_a0434f2a6b_c.jpg

16869182247_f7e18db0ec_c.jpg

The best fabric to use would be what they used on the Iron Man 2 Black Widow figure. It's finding out what that fabric is, then finding it in the right colour and weight that's the problem

If you can find that fabric or similar in the same weight and grey, let me know. Or even if you know what that fabric is. The subtle blue within the grey is going to be unachievable

I'll post this here now for those interested - In the next week or so I'll be putting up the Liquid Snake thread

Back