Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alex posted a new update on the socom by taking artistic liberty to resolve the issue.
What do you guys think?

image.jpeg

They don't have the rights to make it a real SOCOM?
Remember when HT didn't paint smileys on Comedian because they didn't have the license?
Or when they had to change the color of Whiplash's ripped to shreds costume because they didn't have the license?

It's a sad pathetic world.

Well if they can’t do a Mk23 then I guess this looks like a happy medium. I wonder why Konami stopped licensing weapons after MGS4? I guess we may never know. The rest of that statue is pretty slick.

They don't have the rights to make it a real SOCOM?
They tried, but H&K denied them the rights.

After the initial gun, and then the new one, this 3rd one is brilliant and a welcome sight. It's as close to socom as we're gonna get.

This statue is just perfect to me now. I can't wait to see the updated prototype at NYCC this weekend!!!

Remember when HT didn't paint smileys on Comedian because they didn't have the license?
Or when they had to change the color of Whiplash's ripped to shreds costume because they didn't have the license?

It's a sad pathetic world.

The Hot Toys Marty McFly was also missing a ton of logos, and the DX09 Keaton Batman was supposed to have Nike boots.

Ah, totally forgot about Marty! What a bummer that was.
Batman's boots is an ok exception cuz it shouldn't have been visible in the film anyway.

So you want an average to above average size solid snake? How long have you been waiting? How much would you pay for it?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So you want an average to above average size solid snake?

1/12 scale preferably, like the Storm Collectible figures, Neca , or Asian imports.

How long have you been waiting?

Since MGS2. That's my favorite costume. At the time only McFarlane toys had the license, but I couldn't find the Solid Snake figure, and I'm not going to pay too much for a figure that's a bit outdated, compared to modern figures.

How much would you pay for it?

Well, depending on the quality and company (NECA, Storm, SH figuarts), what they usually go for.

Mafex or Figma...made a 6'' inch version, but it didn't look very good and it was overpriced, at $89 dollars, imo.

Mafex or Figma...made a 6'' inch version, but it didn't look very good and it was overpriced, at $89 dollars, imo.

I love the MGS2 Snake by Figma. It's pricey, yes, but the poseability of the thing is unmatched and makes it a lot of fun to play with. I've managed to put mine is some very dynamic, game accurate poses that other figures of the character couldn't possibly achieve.

Back