Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone. Yeah Day One edition has already ended.

Last chance to preorder today! Until we come back with the later launch once the print with new changes/paints are done up.

*NEWS* - FYI, we made a post today with regards to the socom. hope it is to your liking.

Link provided - https://www.facebook.com/groups/first4figures/permalink/1750747145219679/

MGS4.jpg

I suspected that would be the case. After all it was incorrect in MGS5 also. I'm interested to see the new statue with all the changes. Also the goggles need to be red. :)

EF652E28-674A-45B7-AC99-AAC22EAE4FD8-2999-000002B714416753.jpeg

You hit it on the head. Gun is completely wrong, and yes the artwork showed that the goggles should be red instead of green. You hardly even use the NVG if at all in MGS1 and it's primarily the thermal goggles.

Alex made an update to fanpage:
Snake update - coming along nicely. Additional head added for test fit. Now the colours of the suit is completed. Snow added to base with light snow dusting to Snake's shoes (click pic to see full image). Let me know what you think!

21616278_1855616817788328_5291780620008571229_n.jpg

I can't pinpoint a specific reason, but I just don't like this statue. In my mind I keep thinking that it's MGS1 merchandise... I should be thrilled. The only thing about it that appealed to me was the spinning ammo box, but the rest of it just still feels off to me. I dunno.

I can't pinpoint a specific reason, but I just don't like this statue. In my mind I keep thinking that it's MGS1 merchandise... I should be thrilled. The only thing about it that appealed to me was the spinning ammo box, but the rest of it just still feels off to me. I dunno.
Thats how I felt before the changes....however the new additional head and the minor tweaks have transformed the statue for me. Absolute Grail piece now.

Could the pose be a touch less awkward? Sure. But, I think it will look much better in hand. I'd imagine the pose is hard to capture on photo graphs.

For me the pose puts me in mind of a very specific part of the game. And that is when meryl has been shot and snake is rushing to get a PSG1 to fight back. The pose is sort of snake impacting the wall at speed, as oppose to having his back flat against it and peeking round the corner. As my friend said there is a lot of momentum in the pose. He's either just impacted the wall for cover or is about to come out from cover and take out a guard. This together with the new added snow and the whole 'outside' feel of the statue with the broken wall base plus the NVG goggles really does put me in mind of that part of the game where you're rushing through the caves and the canyon and the tank hangar.

Last edited:
The new head is excellent, but I echo the sentiment of CryptDemon. The issue I have is the weird comic style body shape and he's too muscular.

I wonder if they will stick to MGS1 characters before moving on to the later games.. I've always wanted a high end collection of the Fox Hound crew from the first game ever since the McFarlane days, but no one else really gave it a try..

Hope to see Vulcan Raven, Psycho Mantis and Sniper Wolf.

----

I wonder if they will stick to MGS1 characters before moving on to the later games.. I've always wanted a high end collection of the Fox Hound crew from the first game ever since the McFarlane days, but no one else really gave it a try..

Hope to see Vulcan Raven, Psycho Mantis and Sniper Wolf.

----

From what have been shown/mentioned, Mantis is probably almost done - Fox is in 3D stage - Wolf is in designing.

I doubt we will see the entire Foxhound - but who knows. Raven would be a beast on display.

I'm waiting for them to get everything correct. I don't understand the rush for them to put up a pre-order when they are still fixing things. I know many statues these days are "subject to approval" and "prototypes" yet still put up for pre-order. But this one is different in that it will look different finished.

Right now I'm not seeing this as the definitive Solid Snake statue. Maybe it will be when I see the rest of the line. I'm a big fan of Metal Gear Solid and the NES games. That was a big nostalgic moment playing Metal Gear Solid on the PlayStation. But I would like a statue line that has Meryl and Sniper Wolf. Perhaps others as well. This one seems like a stand alone piece so far. And not the home run it should be. Another cool thing about Metal Gear is the weapons. We should have some other weapons to switch out. I still have that NES Metal Gear "Gear Up" ad.

I was never interested in statues, bust before - but F4F is just pulling me in to EVERYTHING.
This is quite hard to pick... CODEC ver is such a great idea.
agreed. The snake statue has set off a chain of events for me, I'm really into statues currently and I'm looking to refocus my collection of 1:6's to accommodate more statues.

For me it's the coloured version but agreed, the codec version is an amazing idea. Would be amazing to own both.

Back