Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone interested in a Play Arts Gray Fox? I have a spare and I think I'd rather just cash it in. It's used, but only displayed. Has a paint defect on the left hand, but it's pristine otherwise.

Also I have the limited MGSV for PS4 with the arm and stuff if anyone would want that too.

Last edited:
I'm gonna sell my Ninja too, I don't really care for it as much as I was hoping.

Anyone interested in a Play Arts Gray Fox? I have a spare and I think I'd rather just cash it in. It's used, but only displayed. Has a paint defect on the left hand, but it's pristine otherwise.

Also I have the limited MGSV for PS4 with the arm and stuff if anyone would want that too.

Come to think of it, I need to get rid of anything, and everything relating to MGS V. I'm already thinking of either selling or giving away the two figures I have as Christmas gifts. As for the game, maybe that too :lol.

Come to think of it, I need to get rid of anything, and everything relating to MGS V. I'm already thinking of either selling or giving away the two figures I have as Christmas gifts. As for the game, maybe that too :lol.

I have nothing from MGSV aside from the game. That makes me mighty.

And to think this used to be my favorite game series. Now it doesn't even crack my top 5.

MGS used to be my favorite series for well over a decade as well, it's just that the games were getting more lowbrow and unnecessary. Should have ended it at MGS2/3.

MGS4 and PW were terrible, but it took MGSV to finally break me. :lol

I have nothing from MGSV aside from the game. That makes me mighty.
Same here :hi5: though I'm totally getting rid of some MGS PAKs besides the essentials
And to think this used to be my favorite game series. Now it doesn't even crack my top 5.
Never even came close to me, too many issues between the creator, the fanbase, certain sequences in the games (2 and 3 are outstanding though but 1 is aged and overrated :lol ) and story

MGS1 is aged... but overrated? Nah. You gotta think of it in the time period it came out. It completely redefined big epic games. It was like the advent of color television by gaming standards.

But I'll agree, I don't really care about the series anymore, even the games I loved. Extremely unlikely, but if any future merch from the first four games comes out, I'll still gladly get them.

Oh you guys wanna talk overrated? MGS3 is the very definition of overrated. Don't get me wrong- It's a sublime game, and a sublime Metal Gear title but a lot of people act like the previous 4 games didn't exist when talking about MGS3.

Yep, it's overrated. When I think about it, it's a little by the numbers into making Big Boss into Big Boss. Like I know that's the intent, but it feels a little on the nose since it seems like the Cobra Unit's entire existence is to just evolve him into a super soldier.

I think MGS3 might be the most well directed game Kojima has done though. In terms of plot, it's pretty basic, but well executed.

I'm not really sorry to say this but I can't agree on MGS1. The amount of people I've seen say MGS1 is flawless for its controls, story, and gameplay sequences and put down other amazing games that came out that year like Resident Evil 2, Crash Bandicoot Warped, Half Life, Spyro the Dragon, Banjo-Kazooie, Thief, and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is purely obnoxious as all hell. That they act like MGS1 has no issues and have way too much of a nostalgic bias is painful, and that they even put down MGS2 (Which is almost my favorite game in the series over 3 and did so much from gameplay alone) as a result. I don't even think the series was that big until MGS1, I've seen some research into the series where people called it obscure and niche until MGS1 happened. As for what it did...beyond the cinematics and some stealth refinements, I don't see it being as revolutionary compared to other games due to a few flaws. The most flawless thing about MGS is its voice acting though, it's beautiful to say the least.

A LOT of revolutionary games came out in 1998. Don't put them down so you can glorify MGS1 to be flawless, especially when one of those games you're putting down got perfect scores and is still getting perfect scores years later. As for MGS3, my love is waning a bit because of the RE4 effect. That's all I can really say. MGS2 from re-watching had a lot of ideas that worked, but people can't get over them cause Raiden and MGS1. Pretty much need to say this, I like MGS1, but the overration I've seen everywhere kills it for me a lot. MGS2 and 3 are great though.. MGS2 needs so much more love though.

Back