Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good find on Mantis' name. I think I may cave and get a few figures, especially the ones of the FOXHOUND members. Sniper Wolf SHOULD show up in TPP as well, since she first met Big Boss in the Middle East.

Some points for HOT TOYS RAIDEN SPECIAL Ver.

The Good:
- Beautiful sculpt, HS is superb, body is amazing, and the rubber arm isn't bulky, at least mine is perfect size.
- The arm DOES move very well for a rubber covered arm, there are some joint that hold they're position (forgot the name of those joints)
- Paint Job and details are awesome, flawless no less.

The Bad:
- Knee movement is ridiculous, it goes only 90º, for a ninja that's very poor.
- Feet movement is poor.
- The figure isn't very flexible at all, forget doing those cool ninja poses of the game.
- Swords and Sheaths sizes are all wrong, they're small, and for me that's the most sad flaw of all.
- (SPECIAL Ver.) Murasama is made of CHEAP plastic, it bends a lot and it's sheath is plain simple, with no paint job at all, just plain plastic. Not worth picking this.
- Closed Visor is totally wrong, that pissed me off so much that I have made a mod to fix mine (that means sharp knife and fire).
- There was once a myth about diecast parts to speak for the high price... all lies and deceit, 100% plastic.
- Strings in the torso could be better, PAK had a better answer for those.
- The figure is EXTREMELY frail, some parts just popped out in hands (they didn't break, the glue was weak and I had to fix that too).
- 300USD and no LED? Not even in the HF sheath?? Tsc..

Overall grade:
85 of 100

PIC of my fixed visor:
IMG_1654.jpg
IMG_1655.jpg
IMG_1656.jpg

Why did they have to mess with the visor? It looked perfect on the proto... I hope there's some trick to fitting it or something.

902184-raiden-012.jpg

Also, the Inferno scheme is in the game... it was a pre-order bonus from amazon:

hqdefault.jpg

It was called Inferno also.

The visor is the biggest worry for me. I think i said it in the inferno thread, but one of the things stopping me from pulling the trigger on that version is id only buy one id like to be able to display 1 raiden with visor and one without for diversity. But having a visor that i dont even want to have displayed on 1 of my figures is reallly bad. But in the pics on the last page he looks sweet. So if it needs fixed id like more in depth knowledge!

Dominishin,

Sorry, but the visor is really wrong, there is no good way to get them right, to do so I had to get rid of the little pieces that attach in the ear protector, then I glued a tiny bended iron string inside the visor and attached it to the eye band of Raiden. Inside it's ugly, but outside it's worked very nicely.

IMG_1657.jpg

Ughhh. They should've just included a sculpt that has a visor sculpted/attached on.

It's so dumb that the visor sits on his freakin' mouth.

Some points for HOT TOYS RAIDEN SPECIAL Ver.

The Good:
- Beautiful sculpt, HS is superb, body is amazing, and the rubber arm isn't bulky, at least mine is perfect size.
- The arm DOES move very well for a rubber covered arm, there are some joint that hold they're position (forgot the name of those joints)
- Paint Job and details are awesome, flawless no less.

The Bad:
- Knee movement is ridiculous, it goes only 90º, for a ninja that's very poor.
- Feet movement is poor.
- The figure isn't very flexible at all, forget doing those cool ninja poses of the game.
- Swords and Sheaths sizes are all wrong, they're small, and for me that's the most sad flaw of all.
- (SPECIAL Ver.) Murasama is made of CHEAP plastic, it bends a lot and it's sheath is plain simple, with no paint job at all, just plain plastic. Not worth picking this.
- Closed Visor is totally wrong, that pissed me off so much that I have made a mod to fix mine (that means sharp knife and fire).
- There was once a myth about diecast parts to speak for the high price... all ********, 100% plastic.
- Strings in the torso could be better, PAK had a better answer for those.
- The figure is EXTREMELY frail, some parts just popped out in hands (they didn't break, the glue was weak and I had to fix that too).
- 300USD and no LED? Not even in the HF sheath?? Tsc..

Overall grade:
85 of 100

PIC of my fixed visor:
View attachment 196031

Thanks for sharing. Ugh, what a disappointment to hear about those issues. The visor in your first pic especially doesn't cover his entire face as it should...

1358538062250_zpsd97e81a1.jpg

Last edited:
I was bored.

Does anyone else have issues with Gray Fox's joints? His left arm won't stay on, took me 30 minute to pose 'cause arm keeps coming out.

IMG_20150711_212341480.jpg

Finally got around of obtaining Quiet.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Overall a nice figure and very detailed.

A few small things they could have done better with the painting but over all still nice.

Back