Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wat, you're selling your red ninja? So you're going to have two originals and no variant? Are you talking about the red ninja with the broken arm you sold a long time ago?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This is because many things has changed since the launch of ebay.

Buyers are offered much more protection from ebay while sellers have virtually no protection at all despite the ebay profit coming from the sellers.

The cost of selling is way higher than before. So normal people tend to sell in other places that are cheaper. Those that stick with ebay are forced to increase their profit margin due to increased fees & risk of seller.

That being said, ebay is still the place to look for discontinued items, and is still a good place to look for not so popular items which includes non collectibles.

Usually ebay is more expensive these days that the retailers.
Retail plus shipping usually unless you get lucky with an auction.

Ebay is hit or miss for me. I've had several non-paying bidders, but lots of good ones. I usually just list new items as a Buy-It-Now or best offer so I can force them to pay immediately and not have to deal with people paying late or whatever.

What most buyers don't get is that ebay rips out about 13% of your profit. They charge a 10% fee on your winning price, and then 3% on the total price paid to paypal (which also includes 3% of the shipping total). Packing materials cost money and then you have to take time out of your day to fill out customs forms. Insurance also costs money because I'll get blamed for the post office's screw up if the package gets lost.

Thankfully i've sold very little on eBay, i just buy. There's some hidden gems if you search it regular enough, i've picked up some serious bargains on there but it's usually for older discontinued items that the seller obviously doesn't know the true worth of

What's a reasonable price for an opened 3A Rex?

I've taken him out, posed him and that's it. Disassembled and put back in the box. Joints and all that are all fine.

Essentially MIB.

I don't want ebay prices, but something reasonable for members here if I plan to put it in the for sale thread?

What did you spend on it? You might want to sell it for what you paid for it, I don't think that's unreasonable.

You shouldn't have any problem selling it at that cost, very very reasonable. Especially considering what the scalpers want on eBay.

I can't remember lol. Between 5-600 usd?

Would $475 be reasonable?

I'd say it's reasonable, but just as long as you don't offer free shipping. Let the buyer cover the shipping fees.

By the way, I see you're in South Korea. Where are you located, if you don't mind my asking?

I really have to visit Seoul one of these days.

Looks like you get the hf blade, an assortment of hands/feet, the traditional stands in blue, cardboard box, and moveable eye. Just noticed...........a watermelon!?!?!?! Heres the advert on kojimas twitter:

uraze6u5.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back