Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who own the Medicom Old Snake-Olive Drab version,i need some advice.I took out mine today after 2 years in the box and i noticed the suit was weakly discoloured,weak orange-ish areas on the suit.It's only noticable in sunlight or using a flashlight or similar on it.

Im gonna sell it so i need to know if this was normal from the start or if this has happened over the years while it was in the box?

Any help would be HIGHLY appreciated.I can take a pic later to give you an idea what im talking about.

Sorry to hear that. Mixed media figures are actually quite prone being in their boxes so it's best to keep them displayed. My Medicom Croc Cap Snake and Old Snake also showed signs of decay despite being in their boxes, so I took them out before they got worse and that seems to stop the disintegration.

My advice is to get it displayed and not worry too much about it, there's not much you can do anyway. Oh, and get that his damn head repainted while you're at it.

Ryan i hated the surround audio in the cutscenes on MGS2. It annoyed me that much i'd change the settings so it came out of the centre speaker only on the really long cutscenes

I have a pretty big sofa and the way i have the towers set up you naturally hear more of either side depending where your sat. It used to sound like Snake was behind my left ear

Sorry to hear that. Mixed media figures are actually quite prone being in their boxes so it's best to keep them displayed. My Medicom Croc Cap Snake and Old Snake also showed signs of decay despite being in their boxes, so I took them out before they got worse and that seems to stop the disintegration.

My advice is to get it displayed and not worry too much about it, there's not much you can do anyway. Oh, and get that his damn head repainted while you're at it.

I wouldn't worry about it if i was planning on keeping it.Weird thing is,it might have always been this way because i didn't notice it until i took it out on the balcony for a few good pics.You can't really notice it without sunlight or a flashlight.

Yeah i wanted to have it repainted but things didn't quite go as planned with the guy i contacted so i haven't bothered since.Might do it later on though.

I had a problem with my bogey and my original raiden, both times anime island told me its not worth getting a replacement because square is hard to deal with. They also told me i could try myself but that it probably would a waste of my time. I no longer use them. The other thing was they told me mine wasnt in stock and they were list ing in stock ones for $300 on amazon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Really?? Never seen them...do they tittle them differently? Do they acknowledge that they are premium versions? I'm going to try and search them now!

On ebay search for Peace Walker Premium.

The seller that sells the premium Kaz's comes up every month or so it seems. I didn't buy from her, so I don't know if they're legit. I got mine from a guy in the UK.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNmFGe-Z3hY[/ame]

fun video to watch as its just them playing with their toys with a loose pacific rim theme. Matt gets out his 3A Rex to join the fight against the kaiju at 7:20

Look what was waiting for me on my doorstep when I got off work tonight. :yess: I finally got Solid Snake!! now the only MGS PAK I need to track down is Gray Fox. I probably payed too much for these but I am getting tired of searching day in and day out for these things. I'm never going to miss a preorder again that's for damn sure. Any of you guys have a PAK Gray Fox for sale?:pray:

Look what was waiting for me on my doorstep when I got off work tonight. :yess: I finally got Solid Snake!! now the only MGS PAK I need to track down is Gray Fox. I probably payed too much for these but I am getting tired of searching day in and day out for these things. I'm never going to miss a preorder again that's for damn sure. Any of you guys have a PAK Gray Fox for sale?:pray:

Nice Congrats! Really need to pick up a Solid Snake. BBTS pre-order is sold-out and hes suppose to be re-releasing in July according to they're website. I'll remain optimistic because last month their Metal Gear Rising Raiden's both Red Variant and Regular were sold out. But last week they received their shipment of the regular Raiden's sold-out in less than a day. Sadly I missed those but today they received their Raiden Red Variants today and I was able to obtain one they sold out in less than a few hours. It was weird they were selling them for 69.99 but when sold-out it said 99.99

Last edited:
BBTS has one Gray Fox in stock... :lol
I know. WTF are they trying to pull with that crap? I know they can be pricey sometimes but that is ridiculous.

Nice Congrats! Really need to pick up a Solid Snake. BBTS pre-order is sold-out and hes suppose to be re-releasing in July according to they're website. I'll remain optimistic because last month their Metal Gear Rising Raiden's both Red Variant and Regular were sold out. But last week they received their shipment of the regular Raiden's sold-out in less than a day. Sadly I missed those but today they received their Raiden Red Variants today and I was able to obtain one they sold out in less than a few hours. It was weird they were selling them for 69.99 but when sold-out it said 99.99

Wait...WHAT!?!?!? Solid is getting a re release?!?!?! first I've heard of this. I payed way too much if that's the case. :slap:gah:

Wait...WHAT!?!?!? Solid is getting a re release?!?!?! first I've heard of this. I payed way too much if that's the case. :slap:gah:

Don't think so man. The status of Solid Snake has been like that for a couple of months now. It always shows pre order sold out and the release date reflected on the listing is always on the subsequent month. Don't think they are actually going to receive any stock.

Back