Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished JP Metal Gear Rising.

Pros - love the camera splashing & cyborg milk effect left all over the floor during battles.

cons - voice acting is rubbish. And its not because im not japanese, i know enough japanese to get by from 15 years of watching a few hours of JP tv every week. But the Western Version of Rising nailed all the members of Desperado. Where as for example Sundowner in the JP sounded about 20 and you cannot get a "country" feel from a JP voice over.

Give me the JP visuals with the Western voice acting and i think its the best this game could of been

Rising for me feels such an incomplete game, lazy story, and of course, GEORGE.

EDIT: First month I was like totally fan blinded by it, just like MGS4. Then I played Arkham City and, wow, huge quality difference. HUGE.

well I agree on that speaking gameplay-wise...but I compare to it as a whole, I mean you can feel the effort behind that game, I didn't have that feel with MGR, I wish most of the games share that ammount of dedication to them, so many attention to detail and stuff. See where Im going?

My Japanaese (or wherever the hell it came from) premium edition came yesterday. Damn what a nice set that is! Really neat package with an art book and a steel book sountrack.
Looked classier than the UK special edition. The Gekkos are ok but I wouldn't pay mad money for them.

there were bootleg battle armor BBs? i never saw one before, please post a pic so we can see it. besides solid and ninja, the only other i thought i heard of was the sneaking suit version. i got mine from hong kong but the box looks identical and the paint apps are beautiful just like the other peacewalker PAKs i have.

i will post my fake battle armor. the eyebrows of the extra head is blue instead of brown. there is no embossed code on the box, the instruction sheet floats around inside, no psp redeem code, and the face has no distinctive drybrush effects, also the eyes were terrible.

i cant post the extra head tho, already gave it to a friend. he likes ninjas

dscf6881q.jpg

Needs more Mistral :(

Im tempted to buy another premium set so i have 4 Dwarfs

The arms are easy to remove, there is 3 poles on each Gekko that i think are permanently attached to the bodies themselves but there is a hole in the arms much like plugging a HT hand on to the wrist joint. The hands all remove easy too. Seperating the gekkos is a tad more awkward but not difficult by any means

If i had a Raiden i could try the kunai :( But it should be fine, they have small dainty gripping hands that have a bit of give so id say its a safe bet.

I half made Mistrals staff before but it stated to look a bit sloppy the further i went. Could make a convincing whip for Raiden with enough time though

You don't have a Raiden? You didn't get the black version yet? I have two sets of Gekkos on order so I might custom one set.

You don't have a Raiden? You didn't get the black version yet?
Well after Amazon cancelled my Order, i ordered one from Forbidden planet on Advice from Frank_Jaegar weeks ago. But now the product page has disappeared from the website. Sometimes i feel like im living in a slightly parallel reality where the Black Raiden figure doesnt exist

Ugh you must be going nuts, I would be. Whenever it went up on Amazon for retail it sold out instantly.

Theres more chance of hitting beach cat than there is of getting the PAK Black Raiden!

I've just emailed ForbiddenPlanet to see if i can get any information on the status of my order

Back