Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my Solid Snake corner complete all lighting is finished
ugy8aqu2.jpg
y8apemup.jpg

Sent from the Shell by codec.

Last edited:
That lighting is great Jason.

I wanted to ask you about REX, you said there is multiple clicks for his Railgun arm? I got one click, but it doesn't go any higher than that.

yeah youll have to raise the armup so the piston bends severely to get it just watch out or itll start turning white.i dont know the safest way to take it apart to shorten the piston rail.

Just got my metal rex from 3a. Its awesome but why are not a lot of people on this thread showing of pictures or talking about it? Definitely the best collectible out for mgs.

Just got my metal rex from 3a. Its awesome but why are not a lot of people on this thread showing of pictures or talking about it? Definitely the best collectible out for mgs.

Well not a lot of people have gotten it I don't think, because of the cost.

It's a great collectible, but the quality of control leaves a lot to be desired.

It's clearly the best mgs collectible problem with that is man we've all gotten it already throughout the last six months

The only collectibles coming out in the near future are Liquid, Raiden MGS2 and the MGR variants and the Revoltech Snake. RAY is at least a year out from this point.

What do you mean about the QC problems I have no issues with mine on a side note rad toy review pointed me out on one of their pictures about Rex's feet they pull out further so he can stand better I didn't even know there was ratcheting joints in his toes for his pads just found out yesterday while I was doing my light setup

What do you mean about the QC problems I have no issues with mine on a side note rad toy review pointed me out on one of their pictures about Rex's feet they pull out further so he can stand better I didn't even know there was ratcheting joints in his toes for his pads just found out yesterday while I was doing my light setup

Well Solidus had said his backpack for REX was almost completely Brown and the paint job was very inconsistent on his. Mine's fairly uniform but there are some spots where it doesn't make sense where some spots look smooth and other spots next to it are heavily weathered.

Some people said the joints were extremely loose and REX can't even stand up.

The crooked jaw is a problem, lucky for you yours didn't get that.

The electronics in the rail gun firing for no reason or not even working at all.

Did the people with the rail gun issue check for the master switch at the bottom? My paint is perfect luckily. Loose joints? Maybe they didn't rotate the hip properly cause it was incorrect during shipping. Some positions its just the sheer weight of the figure.

Did the people with the rail gun issue check for the master switch at the bottom? My paint is perfect luckily.

There was one guy that said he fully pushed it to the ON position and it wouldn't fire.

There was one report that when it was ON that it would fire on it's own.

Painted Raiden from Kojima's Twiiter:

BG1nqiDCQAAD8Jp.jpg:large

Why are they giving him that messed up Twilight hair? It doesn't look similar to the game in the least. And it's blonde? It's WHITE! :slap

Still will buy it, just don't get why that hair color was chosen.

I guess were still getting rolled up sleeve Liquid Snake too ugh

Why are they giving him that messed up Twilight hair? And it's blonde? It's WHITE! :slap

Still will buy it, just don't get why that hair color was chosen.

Hell yeah we'll all buy it in the end. I just can't get past that hair. Wait a sec, he looks like Cloud from the side. :lol

Hmm, I wonder.. If Hot Toys ever did an MGS2 Raiden, how would the headsculpt look like? I'm guessing he'd look like the CG render of the HD Collection art, that's what they went with Naked Snake after all. :(

Hell yeah we'll all buy it in the end. I just can't get past that hair. Wait a sec, he looks like Cloud from the side. :lol

Hmm, I wonder.. If Hot Toys ever did an MGS2 Raiden, how would the headsculpt look like? I'm guessing he'd look like the CG render of the HD Collection art, that's what they went with Naked Snake after all. :(

There was a long dry spell of no MGS collectibles in the mid 2000's aside from Medicom and now it's been a big bang of stuff lately. So yeah I will get it but it doesn't mean I have to be fond of it.

You nailed it, it definitely looks Cloud looking. Even the HD render had more accurate hair than this :dunno

If they used the look Raiden has in the HD collection it would have been fine. The hair looks terrible it's such a shame, looks too anime like. He does actually look a bit like Cloud from the side

Back