Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha that would be a pain, in every sense.

I had all the original mcfarlene MGS1&2 hung individually on the bedroom walls along with all the play arts FF when she first moved in. The rest were always in the living room. Around the tv and computer, on floating shelves and in the bookcase

She cracked the whip unfortunately, myself and my collectibles got the spare room to make into my in progress games room. Which actually work out better

That's what i was referencing. Like even though i don't particularly like the liquid one right now, i'm sure when it's in hand i'll like it even though i know it's got some stupid **** on it like the pouch and sleeve

I am the boss of my house, my say is final :peace

My McFarlane MGS figures are huddled together on my shelf like smokers in a alleyway :lol

I am the boss of my house, my say is final :peace

My McFarlane MGS figures are huddled together on my shelf like smokers in a alleyway :lol

Yeah i'm easy me man, I understand that she probably doesn't look at them the same way i do, and there's alot so i compromised but really it worked out better for me because it gave me a reason to make a games room :yess:

Yeah i'm easy me man, I understand that she probably doesn't look at them the same way i do, and there's alot so i compromised but really it worked out better for me because it gave me a reason to make a games room :yess:

Mine doesn't mind my collection, but she keeps saying I need to buy a new multi-tiered cabinet since I'm continuing collecting. She likes some of my stuff, most of it she just makes fun of. :lol

Same here man both of my crawl spaces are so full of boxes

Sent from the Shell by codec.

I'm in cardboard city too man.

HT Predator gets the brunt of mine, and the Toy Biz Resi Evil when they were in the living room

Yeessh I can imagine :lol

The biggest one she busted on was the BDU Inflames Big Boss. She always said "why is Patrick Swayze next to Raiden and Old Snake." :slap

She still makes fun of my McFarlane MGS2 Snake saying he looks like Chuck Norris :pow

Yeessh I can imagine :lol

The biggest one she busted on was the BDU Inflames Big Boss. She always said "why is Patrick Swayze next to Raiden and Old Snake." :slap

She still makes fun of my McFarlane MGS2 Snake saying he looks like Chuck Norris :pow

Haha that's some good observations. The mcfarlene sculpts are insanely bad. I don't know who's worse MGS Snake or MGS2 snake

Haha that's some good observations. The mcfarlene sculpts are insanely bad. I don't know who's worse MGS Snake or MGS2 snake

MGS1 Snake looks like he has some kind of mental disability as does Liquid since they share that horrendous face. MGS2 Snake looks like Chuck Norris in MIA or Danny Bonaduce.

The worst of that line is definitely Raiden with that stupid on the toe pose UGHH

MGS1 Snake looks like he has some kind of mental disability as does Liquid since they share that horrendous face. MGS2 Snake looks like Chuck Norris in MIA or Danny Bonaduce.

The worst of that line is definitely Raiden with that stupid on the toe pose UGHH

The no-chin bros

My Ocelot from MGS2 had one painted derpy eye haha

MGS2 Snake looks like Chuck Norris in MIA or Danny Bonaduce

I was OBSESSED with the Mcfarlane MGS2 pics when they were teased. I have no idea if the official pics are doctored, because they looked sooo good way back then. It's sad that the final product looked way different. I still think the promo pics looks bad@$$, but I can't put my finger on why. Guess I'm insane.

solid-snake-2.jpeg

snake_2.jpg

I was OBSESSED with the Mcfarlane MGS2 pics when they were teased. I have no idea if the official pics are doctored, because they looked sooo good way back then. It's sad that the final product looked way different. I still think the promo pics looks bad@$$, but I can't put my finger on why. Guess I'm insane.

solid-snake-2.jpeg

snake_2.jpg

It's probably the biggest case of fooling in terms of MGS collectibles. Those shots were impeccable.

It's probably the biggest case of fooling in terms of MGS collectibles. Those shots were impeccable.

Phew. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. I even tried replicating those shots when I got the figure and it didn't looked as good, I thought I had a bootleg! Damn you Mcfarlane! and your marketing!

Here's a trivia: Rumor has it that Mcfarlane lost the MGS license because they revealed the headsculpt of Raiden before the game was out. I'm not that sad though, Mcfarlane has nothing nowadays. :(

Phew. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. I even tried replicating those shots when I got the figure and it didn't looked as good, I thought I had a bootleg! Damn you Mcfarlane! and your marketing!

Here's a trivia: Rumor has it that Mcfarlane lost the MGS license because they revealed the headsculpt of Raiden before the game was out. I'm not that sad though, Mcfarlane has nothing nowadays. :(

Their current Walking Dead line is a real turd.

I wasn't aware of that rumor, I wouldn't doubt it though. I remember all the press shots of Raiden were all the masked version.

They used the same pictures on the back of the cardboard to show which figures you could collect. Definite beer goggles

I suppose it is a shame they lost it. That's why we never got any MGS3 figures back when it was released. Not that sad looking back now but at the time when it was mcfarlene or nothing..

They used the same pictures on the back of the cardboard to show which figures you could collect. Definite beer goggles

I suppose it is a shame they lost it. That's why we never got any MGS3 figures back when it was released. Not that sad looking back now but at the time when it was mcfarlene or nothing..

They got the Walking Dead license hostage now, although they have a statue coming out this year that looks great. I bet it doesn't look anything like the press shots though :lol

Their current Walking Dead line is a real turd.

Not to mention the Assassin's Creed line. :(

I wasn't aware of that rumor, I wouldn't doubt it though. I remember all the press shots of Raiden were all the masked version.

There was at least one unmasked pic, here it is:
mcfarlane_mgs2_metal_gear_solid_2_sons_of-liberty-raiden_action_figure2.jpg

While we're on the subject of how awesome Mcfarlane was in their day, here is probably the most bad@$$ promo pic of an MGS figure. Ever.
snake_1.jpg

Not to mention the Assassin's Creed line. :(

There was at least one unmasked pic, here it is:
mcfarlane_mgs2_metal_gear_solid_2_sons_of-liberty-raiden_action_figure2.jpg

While we're on the subject of how awesome Mcfarlane was in their day, here is probably the most bad@$$ promo pic of an MGS figure. Ever.
snake_1.jpg

They truly had such great licenses back in the day because there was no competition at all, maybe movie maniacs but that was it.

Back