Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.hottoys.jp/magazine/people/692.html

Raiden won by a fairly big margin, i know some people blow hot and some people blow cold towards him. But one thing i thought would be for sure is everybody would want an Ocelot... and he came last ?!

Poll is old. But still. I wasnt looking to buy figures of them back then.

Liquid_Snake.jpg

Come on Hot Toys dont be shy! Feel free to add a thin wire to the jacket too so it can be simulated to blow in the wind.

It's just some place in a market in Birmingham's city centre. They sell a load of random figures, mostly just wrestling, movie and game stuff, but they seem to favour MGS lines. They've got a few of the Medicom Snake's and had a couple of the old McFarlane figures recently, as well as a 12 inch Sniper Wolf that I didn't even know existed until I saw it there, which was actually what I was going there to check out when I found the Snake and Ninja.

Don't suppose they had more than one Cyborg Ninja? :pray:

The lack of high end MGS collectibles is really annoying. All we really have is naked snake in sneaking suit (not a fan of the suit) and The Boss, which is ugly as f---. I don't like the PAK figures as they look too much like toys.

Really hope Hot Toys makes more figures from the MGS line, but I really don't think they will. Here's hoping that Sideshow may one day make a MGS Premium Format...

Whats the chances of a PAK MGS4 style raiden (with his head visor)? Id love one of thoes, didnt it win a HT poll too to be made? Or was that nothing official?

It should be a huge chance. MY only worry is that instead of making a mechanism for the visor, they'll probably give an additional head with closed visor, while the normal face has the open visor.

Though, if Hot Toys ever releases a MGS4 Raiden, I'll do a triple backflip and lick my own elbow for Hot Toys, even though I would probably not be able to obtain it.

With PAK though, I hope they would add the above mechanism instead of an extra head - but I doubt it'll happen. While a bit less, I'll still be all over it. Buying the PAK MGS 2 Raiden, and MGR Raiden is already on the way and I can't wait for them, so imagine if MGS 4, my favorite Raiden design is "figurified"? :clap:lol:yess::rotfl:pray:

I was able to get my Solidus' right arm working properly today! I'm very pleased, and thanks to whoever it was who suggested the boiling water in a cup method. Now on to the chestpiece: my Solidus' chest piece is lodged in there very tightly, and so far I haven't been able to get it out to switch it with the tentacle arms. Any suggestions?

you're welcome - boiling water in a cup (in the microwave) is the best way to loosen isolated joints and not have to boil the whole figure!

Feel free to dunk the whole figure's chest in a cup of boiling water
to get the chest piece off too - though I don't know if it's a hard piece of plastic or soft (boiling water works best for soft plastics)

For those of you who want more MGS collectibles, you may try making your case to Erick Sosa. His new Street Fighter kits over at PrototypeZ Studios are amazing. He's been talking about picking up new licenses and I believe he has expressed interest in possibly tackling MGS characters.

Can someone who has Rex please explain to me how the hell you rotate the hip joints so that the flaps are hanging from the front rather than hanging from the bottom? If you're not sure what I'm referring to, Rad Toy Review mention it in their Rex review here:

https://radtoyreview.com/2012/11/02/review-3as-metal-gear-solid-rex/

They don't quite explain how they did it though, as they show 2 different pictures.

I get how the tool is meant to be used, but I'm not sure how I go about actually rotating the joint without moving the legs or body. Do I hold the body while Rex is sitting on a table then rotate? Do I need a second person to assist? I tried holding the body then rotating the joint forward, it did move a bit and made a loud pop, then there was too much resistance beyond that and I was scared I was going to break it so I stopped.

Would really love it if somebody that has done this could give me a detailed tutorial on how to do it.

By the way, this thing looks totally bad a$$ with some of the panels removed! The detail underneath is incredible and really makes the thing look used and abused lol.

Decided to take some shots of my stuff last night since I changed up all the PAK poses. I got the Boss last night so I threw her in there too.

015-2.jpg

016-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

006-6.jpg

007-5.jpg

008-4.jpg

009-4.jpg

mine shipped yesterday. it says i should have it by saturday. i hope nothing gets delayed or my box doesnt get damaged. has anyone here had a broken box or their rex damaged in shipping?

nice pics man i like ALL the poses you did. all the suits look SICK together. nice job!!! i just noticed, whyd you make both the closed masked ninjas have the same pose?

nice pics man i like ALL the poses you did. all the suits look SICK together. nice job!!! i just noticed, whyd you make both the closed masked ninjas have the same pose?

I couldn't think of anything different. I had him in a different pose but the dynamic-ness of the post didn't really show up on camera so I changed it :slap

Back