Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres some pics of my mgs1 corner. it will be changed today. where the konami dolls are there will be a detolf. theres an ikea an hour away. all my 1/6 mgs1 and revengeance stuff will be in it and rex is going on the black carbon corner table i built. that corner is gonna look sweet. im also working on some superbright led fixtures. im so pumped.:clap:yess:

this is what my boss has, it looks like the wires are coming out in the back/middle.

I can't tell from the pics but you can see the inner wire from the outside too? I just don't get it, the third strap down looks perfect on mine but the other two are open on the end. I might try the super glue trick but I always **** stuff up whenever I use that stuff. It doesn't seem worth it to try to get a replacement when the rest of the figure is cool.

I think they just used a ****ty material for the straps since I noticed in OMG's photoshoot that the straps on his look like **** too.

Is it even possible to shot the Davy Crockett container with it still in it? The handle won't allow it to shut.

i know WTF!!! why give us a box we cant use???? maybe you just use the box as a display and dont actually shut it unless shes carrying it. you wouldnt have to have the DC in it no one would know anyway.

i know WTF!!! why give us a box we cant use???? maybe you just use the box as a display and dont actually shut it unless shes carrying it. you wouldnt have to have the DC in it no one would know anyway.

I saw a vid on Youtube of a review on her and someone did somehow manage it. I think if you were able to sink it deeper into the crate you can fit it. The box is just a smidge too small :slap

You can import Solidus for about £85-90 but youd have to message the guys first to see if they would lower the value marking on it!

Congrats on scoring Solid and greyfox! Theres no shops in my part of Blighty that come near these kind of figures. Theres literally no reason to go to town unless its for Morrisons.

Good dancer ~ Karl Pilkington

Done that and still waiting on mine arriving a month later. Turns out it could take up to 6 weeks to arrive from usa. Grrrrrrrrr.

Can someone who has Rex please explain to me how the hell you rotate the hip joints so that the flaps are hanging from the front rather than hanging from the bottom? If you're not sure what I'm referring to, Rad Toy Review mention it in their Rex review here:

https://radtoyreview.com/2012/11/02/review-3as-metal-gear-solid-rex/

They don't quite explain how they did it though, as they show 2 different pictures.

I get how the tool is meant to be used, but I'm not sure how I go about actually rotating the joint without moving the legs or body. Do I hold the body while Rex is sitting on a table then rotate? Do I need a second person to assist? I tried holding the body then rotating the joint forward, it did move a bit and made a loud pop, then there was too much resistance beyond that and I was scared I was going to break it so I stopped.

Would really love it if somebody that has done this could give me a detailed tutorial on how to do it.

By the way, this thing looks totally bad a$$ with some of the panels removed! The detail underneath is incredible and really makes the thing look used and abused lol.

I think I was the only one who messed with the legs to make the flaps lay right. You need to turn the legs forward at the joint and then turn the leg on it's own backward without moving the joint that has the flap on it. It's hard to explain through text, but if you follow the instructions on how the body moves you can figure it out. I managed to have It finished in under 10 minutes.

Last edited:
i cant wait to try to figure out the whole railgun mystery that haunting everyone. there has to be something people are doing wrong. seems like if not they Fd up the most important part of rex. has anyone tried shimming underneath the joint so it will stay up?

i cant wait to try to figure out the whole railgun mystery that haunting everyone. there has to be something people are doing wrong. seems like if not they Fd up the most important part of rex. has anyone tried shimming underneath the joint so it will stay up?

Mine can stay up fine but it takes a little for it to "click" into place. I will take some shots tonight of how mine is. But even though it's locked into place, it still deeps down slightly and makes the whole back pack crooked.

3A really didn't use the proper materials or joints for such a behemoth.

I think I was the only one who messed with the legs to make the flaps lay right. You need to turn the legs forward at the joint and then turn the leg on it's own backward without moving the joint that has the flap on it. It's hard to explain through text, but if you follow the instructions on how the body moves you can figure it out. I managed to have It finished in under 10 minutes.

Ah...I think I got it. So what you're saying is, I rotate the leg forward so that the joint rotates too, and then hold the joint with the tool so that it doesn't move and then rotate the leg back? and I just keep doing this until the flap goes all the way around and ends up at the front?

Ah...I think I got it. So what you're saying is, I rotate the leg forward so that the joint rotates too, and then hold the joint with the tool so that it doesn't move and then rotate the leg back? and I just keep doing this until the flap goes all the way around and ends up at the front?

Exactly. It takes some finesse so you don't break it but yeah that's exactly what I did to get it.

:offtopic: Plissken, did you catch today's news on Escape from New York?

Just seen it. I honestly hope it stays in development hell since all these reboots stink.

They won't cast Snake right and they will immediately turn me off. I honestly don't know who should take the lead :dunno

It won't be dark like the original and will probably be completely action based...

Poses look good man

Decided to take some shots of my stuff last night since I changed up all the PAK poses. I got the Boss last night so I threw her in there too.

015-2.jpg

016-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

006-6.jpg

007-5.jpg

008-4.jpg

009-4.jpg

Back