Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey so I didn't have a chance to post yesterday but I got my Rex finally on Friday evening! This means that the lower mainland BC has received there sideshow shipments so go get em fellow Canucks!

nice man! yeah, all of north america is getting them around this time. i got mine from sideshow and was scheduled to have my last payment on the 25th. i just called them friday and paid it so mine should be here the mid to the end of next week. i cant wait. ive had a space for it in a couple of places for so long. itll be nice to finally get the damn thing cause i ordered mine last march too. the wait is killing me.................:gah:

There is a serious lack of Rex pics in this thread. I can only assume most people either don't have it yet, or still have it in the box due to lack of space to display it lol.

Anyway, I think I've found a spot for this in my room. It really isn't ideal, but I don't have much choice. I just don't have anywhere else to place such a large display case, and the case will need to be around 70cm deep to fit the rail gun. Only other option is to display without the rail gun, but then it doesn't look as good :p

Going to get a quote on a custom acrylic case this week then get a pedestal made up to give it that museum look.

Mine is in the box, and I have no intention of taking it out soon... Until I move to a new apartment, anyway :monkey2.

Yeah I figured that must be the case for most people. I had planned to keep mine in box as well, but I have no idea when I'll move houses so I'm just gonna unbox the thing now and enjoy it. I'll make it fit lol.

There is a serious lack of Rex pics in this thread. I can only assume most people either don't have it yet, or still have it in the box due to lack of space to display it lol.

Anyway, I think I've found a spot for this in my room. It really isn't ideal, but I don't have much choice. I just don't have anywhere else to place such a large display case, and the case will need to be around 70cm deep to fit the rail gun. Only other option is to display without the rail gun, but then it doesn't look as good :p

Going to get a quote on a custom acrylic case this week then get a pedestal made up to give it that museum look.

It will cost a fair bit to get a case made up, mine was around $200 but its well worth it, It looks incredable on display and it will never collect dust which is a bonus.

It will cost a fair bit to get a case made up, mine was around $200 but its well worth it, It looks incredable on display and it will never collect dust which is a bonus.

Hey bud,

Yeah I'm aware of the cost for custom acrylic cases of this size, it is quite pricey but there isn't really an alternative as there is nothing off the shelf that will fit. I really want to make this piece stand out in my room as it's such an incredible display piece, so this is the only way to do it justice I think :) Simply plonking it on a desk just won't cut it for me lol. Plus I don't want dust to touch this thing.

I'm going for a bit of a museum look, so it'll be an acrylic display case sitting on a wooden pedestal finished off in black timber veneer. Haven't quite worked out exactly how I want it done yet...at this stage I'm thinking of possibly getting a square acrylic case made with black acrylic base and putting that on top of the pedestal, or get the case made with no base and create a recess in the top of the pedestal for the case to slot into.

This is the look I'm going for (obviously bigger though):

DELUXDISPLAY.jpg

Acrylic cases are the way to go for museum quality displays. But man... I don't think I can ever seal my REX away like that. I'll have the insatiable urge to get my hand all over that thing and play with it all the time :drool

Acrylic cases are the way to go for museum quality displays. But man... I don't think I can ever seal my REX away like that. I'll have the insatiable urge to get my hand all over that thing and play with it all the time :drool

Haha no problem man, you just lift off the acrylic cover and play :D

This thing is too delicate and fragile to play with though. When I unboxed it and had a bit of a play around with it, I was scared I was going to break it. I think I'll just play around with it until I find a pose I like and then leave it like that inside the acrylic display.

I get my Boss today so I will take some shots of her and Snake. It's a long time coming to finally get both, I hope nothing is wrong with her rubber teets.

Haha no problem man, you just lift off the acrylic cover and play :D

This thing is too delicate and fragile to play with though. When I unboxed it and had a bit of a play around with it, I was scared I was going to break it. I think I'll just play around with it until I find a pose I like and then leave it like that inside the acrylic display.

I almost play with my Rex everyday & Rex is sturdier tha he looks I think.
just watch out for the rail gun joint. after you move up the rail gun, I think it's better not to move it back down again:panic:

I kind of lost track of the release dates of the Play Arts figures a while back and didn't even realise that the Solidus figure came out last year. Does anyone know if Forbidden Planet stocked him at all in the UK or have I missed out on him?

I kind of lost track of the release dates of the Play Arts figures a while back and didn't even realise that the Solidus figure came out last year. Does anyone know if Forbidden Planet stocked him at all in the UK or have I missed out on him?

Forbidden planet did have him up on the site but he's long sold out.

There's one brand new on ebay right now for £105 shipped. They retailed at £129.99..... here's the link https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METAL-GEAR-SOLID-2-SONS-OF-LIBERTY-PLAY-ARTS-KAI-SOLIDUS-SNAKE-/390524239353?pt=UK_Collectables_AnimationCharacters_Anime_SM&hash=item5aed0efdf9

Dang, he was pricey. I might have to taker a miss on him, I don't think I can justify paying double the amount of a standard figure for him. I managed to find a Solid Snake and Gray Fox the other day though in a little place I check on occassion, so I guess I lucked out there at least seeing as I missed out on those too when they were released originally.

Fair enough man! well done on hunting down the snake and ninja. Just out of curiosity where did you get them from? I'm from the uk myself and am always intrigued by other options other than the shops i know

The price increase was hefty but it is a really good figure, everything about it is far better than the snake or the ninja, he's taller too

It's just some place in a market in Birmingham's city centre. They sell a load of random figures, mostly just wrestling, movie and game stuff, but they seem to favour MGS lines. They've got a few of the Medicom Snake's and had a couple of the old McFarlane figures recently, as well as a 12 inch Sniper Wolf that I didn't even know existed until I saw it there, which was actually what I was going there to check out when I found the Snake and Ninja.

Back