Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My White Raiden has paint smudging all over his face from what looks like his eye :monkey2

Looks like a rush job mistake. The eye obviously wasn't fully dry and the black outline paint has smudged over the face making it look dirty, not to mention bringing out any unevenness in the sculpt. :slap

I've contacted zavvi cs and hopefully they can sort me a new one straight away and i don't have to go through play arts cs :pray:

My White Raiden has paint smudging all over his face from what looks like his eye :monkey2

Looks like a rush job mistake. The eye obviously wasn't fully dry and the black outline paint has smudged over the face making it look dirty, not to mention bringing out any unevenness in the sculpt. :slap

I've contacted zavvi cs and hopefully they can sort me a new one straight away and i don't have to go through play arts cs :pray:

I'm guessing you'll have to go through Square as a product error like that isn't Zavvi's fault, but a QC error on Square's part.

Good luck and if you ever want to get rid of the messed up White Raiden for cheap, LMK - considering there are two facial display options, I'm guessing even Square will be hard pressed to replace your figure :(

Any tutorials on how to remove the railgun?

When I was glancing through REX's instructions a few days ago, I was really surprised how easy it looked to remove the railgun. Basically along the lines of "squeeze here, pull here". Easier said than done, huh? :lol

Just checked my Rex and the jaw shuts firmly with no gap. Also realised by manipulating the rubber guid you can get the rail gun to support itself. Doh!

11220AC3-E25B-4C58-8824-36DB2D1758B7-9661-0000102FF25F1FBA_zps0dcbfb1d.jpg

I REALLY have to reopen my REX from the packaging and check the jaw. Hopefully, the open gap is just an early QC problem with the Bambaland version and not the retail one.

If yours wasn't you got a second hand one. Most UK games are phaned up or at least sealed with that barcode thing.
Mine wasnt sealed, but i ordered it direct from Zavvi and every unboxing video of it also had no seal on the game

uh what a b***ache. Surely they will replace it?

Does anyone know the cs contact number? will there be a uk based on or will it have to send it elsewhere

And mine also came wrapped (the game)

Cheers fellas

Does anyone know how many UK and Japanese exclusive sets (which included the White Raiden) were made?

I only ask as I heard it was around 25,000...and if that's true, that means it's going to be the most widely available Raiden figure...NOT the most exclusive. The most exclusive will be those being released at the end of the summer - PX Exclusive Flesh Suit, Blue & Gray Armor, etc - those are all limited to 1,000 each if I remember right.

In my experience, they rarely - if ever - make more than 5,000 - 7,500 PAK figures of any of the characters...so IF there are really 15,000+ White Raidens out there...expect the price on them to not only settle much lower than it is now, but eventually sink to less than the regular retail of the other Rising Raiden PAK figures.

that makes sense. but i doubt that it will go down in value cause its a pain in the a$$ to get one to the states and other countries because of zavvi. they should have made it a worldwide ex. it gives people an ez in to rip people off. this is the only case where its unfair because of the number of units. i dont mind paying out the a$$ for a 1000 es, but not for a 25,000 es. i gues good thing i got him for under $200. there are people buying them for over $300. its like theyre scaling all mgs pak after snake and ninja now. theyre going up to hot toys price on the aftermarket. this is why im on point with the preorders. i would have preordered on zavvi if i was allowed. what bs.:dunno

Back