Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,
do you think that hot toys may release an OLD SNAKE figure? Medicom one is ugly and overpriced...what you think?

I think we'll eventually see more from Hot Toys, including an Old Snake, but I hope they give the original MGS some love and do a Shadow Moses Solid Snake sooner rather than later (that'd be my grail that I would buy multiples of and... EVEN ONE TO FLIP :D).

Say it in public

Sent from the Shell by codec.

Crowinghorse:

"Snake Plissken,

The fact you have continued to post and respond to me means I have indeed gotten under yours skin and I apologize if any of my comments about scalping were taken the wrong way by you or anyone else.

I never called you out as a scalper nor did I call you a name; I simply defined scalping and called out those who scalp. I also defined a way I think fellows fans and collectors can help contribute to the hobby versus trying instead to selfishly line their pockets.

If you read my posts regarding my opinion on scalpers as pointed towards you, I apologize...though you must think you share some of those scalper traits since you seem to be very defensive in your continued posts. Likewise, the fact you put me down and name call to essentially make yourself feel better does little to add to your reputation...though, from one of your previous posts, you could care less about your actions or how they define your reputation.

Your use of name calling shows your immaturity and lack of respect towards others - and specifically me - here on this board and that's simply sad. I personally don't care if you PM me and call me names or even swear and curse, but at least have the tact and courtesy to not post it in public. If you think you publicly calling me names makes you look tough or cool or better, you're not only mistaken, but simply ignorant.

You've taken my posts personal which makes me think you believe you have something to prove to those of us on this forum who are reading the MGS thread. That's a mistake. You don't have to prove jack squat, especially to people you've never met.

I come to the MGS thread to read what others are discussing about MGS and the new MGS collectibles as well as read the entertaining posts about things other fans and collectors have to say. I believe you too surf this site and thread for the same reasons. I don't dislike you (since I don't know you personally) and I'm not trying to tell you something you don't already know. I do think your potty mouth needs washed out with soap however. Internet muscles - which you obviously have - are easy for anyone to flex. Sadly, the only person who looks the fool is the one who flexes over and over again trying to impress those couldn't care less. And that'd be everyone on this board.

Get over yourself and please refrain from using inappropriate language in the future, thanks!"

Guess we can tell from the reactions to my last post who the folks are scalping...

I'm not saying this to offend, I'm simply calling folks out for what they're doing. Of course no one made the buyer pay the secondary market price...though it's tough for those buyers to find an item at regular retail when there are folks buying up all the stock on the shelves and sitting on that stock intent to sell them at inflated prices at a later date.

That's scalping. See HERE.

For anyone who is supposedly a passionate or true fan of a property, to screw over other fans who are likewise passionate about the property is about as uncool as it gets. IMHO, if you're a real fan of a property, you should be trying to not only encourage others to find and enjoy the property, but encouraging actual growth and love of ALL aspects of the property.

So buying up extra figures to simply sit on them and then later resell them to make an extra buck is - any way you slice it (ha ha - I said "slice"! :D ) - screwing over those fans and collectors who would like to get the collectible/toy/figure/item at the original retail price but can't.

So the buyer who pays a premium for a sold-out figure shouldn't be angry about having to pay that premium price? Fine.

Then the sellers buying up the figures and selling them later for a profit shouldn't be angry that they're being called a scalper either.

You are what you do and if you're scalping, then at least recognize you're not actually trying to help other fans get the figures, but you're selfishly helping yourself make extra money based on other fan's lack of foresight, misfortune or simple lack of a retailer in their area, etc. You're lining your pockets thanks to other fan's passion for the same property you supposedly love so much...and that's crap.

And if that's YOU, then fine. I don't personally care and I can't believe I've actually spent 20 minutes writing this. Don't be a little girl about it and whine and cry, just know that you're not actually doing any collectors or fans any favors and you're not actually helping encourage others to love the property. You're being selfish.

Lord knows I've sold pieces for way more than retail price...though I've never screwed over a fan of a property I loved - and that's a fact. Most of the time, I sell the stuff I love (the stuff that I do part with when I run out of room or I simply tire of a piece) for less than I bought it for in the hopes that I'll encourage another fan to not only fall in love with the piece, but the property too.

Final comment: please don't go on and on and on about how you're such an amazing fan of MGS...and then go out and screw over other MGS fans. You say you share a deep love of MGS with them...but you don't love the hobby enough to allow them the opportunity to love a figure as much as you for the same cost as you? All because you'd rather make money on them instead? That makes you look like an a-hole and it's not only NOT encouraging others to love MGS, it's actually discouraging to new MGS fans and collectors who can't find those pieces for a price they can afford.

I'm done with this thread for a while...

Someone seriously needs to get a life to have this much investment over a stupid internet beef and to be so childish over name calling which he started.

Last edited:
Still didn't see me use your name in the above reference. If you assumed it meant you, I apologize.

I personally don't throw insults around on the forum at specific members, call specific members names or post private messages in public threads since all three are against the rules of the board.

See HERE.

Still didn't see me use your name in the above reference. If you assumed it meant you, I apologize.

I personally don't throw insults around on the forum at specific members, call specific members names or post private messages in public threads since all three are against the rules of the board.

See HERE.

Spamming is against the rules, you should know all about it.

See HERE.

I really didn't want to get involved, but it seems to me that you believe you are operating within the rules of the forum so long as you don't directly mention an individual by name. In both your post and PM, there is a clear tone of disrespectfulness and condescension. It's all "cleverly" disguised with good punctuation and hidden insults, but it's all insulting nonetheless.

It's evident you are referring to certain individuals in this discussion, even if you never actually mention them by name. You are clearly entitled to your opinion. However, all of your remarks just come off as pretentious when you act in such a hypocritical manner.

I really didn't want to get involved, but it seems to me that you believe you are operating within the rules of the forum so long as you don't directly mention an individual by name. In both your post and PM, there is a clear tone of disrespectfulness and condescension. It's all "cleverly" disguised with good punctuation and hidden insults, but it's all insulting nonetheless.

It's evident you are referring to certain individuals in this discussion, even if you never actually mention them by name. You are clearly entitled to your opinion. However, all of your remarks just come off as pretentious when you act in such a hypocritical manner.

Damn, you brilliantly broke it down and nailed it on the head thank you! :hi5:

Last edited:
The focus of this thread really got off track...
Here is my attempt at redirecting it!
kodIjyI.jpg

Custom, scratch-built Raiden and MK. III.
I'm planning on some AT rockets and laser beam next...
Can't wait for RAY!!

Last edited:

See HERE.

You're blowing this entire matter completely out of proportion. You started the whole discussion about "scalping", felt the need to get on a soapbox and singled out a few people; they took it personally and fired back. Case in point, if you don't like to be insulted, then don't insult others, mkay? :dunno. You've been around this forum long enough, to know that lecturing and belittling people won't be received well. Also, gratuitous posting about the forum rules doesn't help matters, if you're not setting an example yourself.

Last edited:
kodIjyI.jpg

Can't wait for RAY!!

I love that set-up! :monkey1

kodIjyI.jpg

Can't wait for RAY!!

That's a awesome setup dude! I see you made it game accurate and painted the nose light :clap

How did you get the left hip stabilizer off? Do you know if the left support strut's back portion comes off? It feels loose like you can pull it off but I'm not quite sure how it's linked to the hull.

You're blowing this entire matter completely out of proportion. You started the whole discussion about "scalping", felt the need to get on a soapbox and singled out a few people; they took it personally and fired back. Case in point, if you don't like to be insulted, then don't insult others, mkay? :dunno. You've been around this forum long enough, to know that lecturing and belittling people won't be received well. Also, gratuitous posting about the forum rules doesn't help matters, if you're not setting an example yourself.

Exactly. Me mentioning sales I've done didn't really require two pages of a fruitless disagreement. I just want this to stop now, it's like a fly buzzing around this thread's head :thwak

Last edited:
I just want this to stop now, it's like a fly buzzing around this thread's head :thwak

Agreed. I apologize sincerely to anyone - especially you Snake - who I inferred were not fans. I don't know you and your collecting habits beyond what's posted here and I'm sorry I assumed anything about you based on your post about your sales. Even if you've sold a figure or two to make extra $ (who hasn't :)), I don't know I got worked up over it except that maybe in the past I remember being the guy who "had" to buy the figure which was only 3 months ago $25 and is now $85...and I hate to see it continue.

I don't know what you do with your money either - maybe you buy tons of toys for Toys for Tots at Christmas with the money you make or maybe you have kids you have to provide for...I don't know and I'm sorry I assumed anything about you. You are right, it wasn't my place and it no doubt came off as hypocritical for me to point the finger at anyone...especially when there are 3 fingers pointing back at me.

Again, I have nothing wrong with anyone here personally; heck, I don't know any of you outside what's posted.
So again, my sincerest apologies.

Now - as requested - back to MGS discussion... :D

I'd love for someone - anyone - everyone - with a White Raiden to get some additional photos up. There are seriously not enough online photo galleries of this figure at present.

I've got the regular (black) Raiden coming to me and will shoot a ton of photos and post them up in a gallery to share just as soon as I get them taken, but in the mean time, if anyone has any good WHITE Raiden photos or galleries, I'd love to see them.

I sadly won't be dropping big $ for the figure...I've got baby #2 MIP now but he's prepping to be loose (and hopefully mint and complete) come late June/early July, so a $200 drop on a video game/figure bundle isn't possible right now...or probably ever again :(

Does anyone have an accurate secondary market list of what PAK MGS figures are going for?

I recently sold a Meryl for $35 delivered after having it listed here for over a month for only $45 dlvd.

I'd be interesting to see a list of PAK and their prices sort of like I've seen some people do with the Hot Toys MMS figures.

Back