Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you have issue with the railgun arm bearing the weight of it? Like when you click it up with it attached did it take a few tries before you got it? Mine tumbled constantly until I found the right position.

I can't get it to move much because of the rubber tube underneath.

I actually thought you got it but after seeing the pics again I see that you weren't able to. If you get the tube through the port that it's in you should be able to move it up so that the arm is in the "up" position.

My back pack dips to the right since the extra weight from the rail gun. Is your jaw crooked at all? And my jaw doesn't close flush all the way, it stays slightly open :slap

The jaw stay open by like a milimeter or so.

Backpack doesn't look to be dipping.

Jaw doesn't look crooked, perhaps a teeny bit to the side.

I was going to have this in my biggest display cabinet, but because of the rail gun it wouldn't fit :lol

Next i put it on mt Desk next to my Mac and it just looked to cramped, so for now it's on top of my Detolf.

Need to pick ip some batteries tomorrow.

The jaw stay open by like a milimeter or so.

Backpack doesn't look to be dipping.

Jaw doesn't look crooked, perhaps a teeny bit to the side.

I was going to have this in my biggest display cabinet, but because of the rail gun it wouldn't fit :lol

Next i put it on mt Desk next to my Mac and it just looked to cramped, so for now it's on top of my Detolf.

Need to pick ip some batteries tomorrow.

My jaw isn't TOO bad but it is slight and noticeable. I think it's common for the crookedness and the fact the mouth doesn't close. A lot of peoples in-hand photos all look the same with the issues.

I warn you about the railgun, it's BRIGHT

EDIT: How much of the panels have you removed? There are some that are not even described in the instructions such as the top panel on the Radome, not the dish but the hull behind it. And you can remove the panel off a support strut on the left leg. Radtoyreview is a good guage of how much can come off, that's how I found it out anyway.

There was still wet paint on one of the plugs for the outside armor panel of the left leg, it's no big deal and it's dry now but the finish is a flawed now... damn :slap

How easily does your missile hatches fall off? The knee covers aren't too bad for me, but I can literally blow air slightly on the back page and all 8 latches jostle off :mad:

Last edited:
Been lurking around and checking out everyone's 3A Rex. So impressed by the size of it and I always feel electronic makes things better!

Unfortunately, having never spent over £300 on any one collectible, I've had to settle for the 1/100 Kotobukiya kit. And not having the paint skills of rampagesss, I've just went for a straight build w/ panel lining.

Great kit to build, an out-of-box snap together would probably only take a couple hours, took me longer for panel lining due to the amount of detail even at this scale.

Joints are tight but there are anumber of parts like the hip guards and external missiles that come off too easily while I overpaid for this due to high shipping even at SAL and a hefty customs charge...

Hope Koto make a MG Ray though!

IMG_3371_zpsbcc3d004.jpg

IMG_3372_zps46e47b6e.jpg

IMG_3375_zps2c18c142.jpg

IMG_3373_zpsfed50a92.jpg

IMG_3376_zpsa658535b.jpg

IMG_3370_zps9dd6f746.jpg

Hmm... Maybe you can try using some sticky poster tac to keep the panels in place. It sells at Staples for a few bucks.

^Someone already posted that in the Rising thread. I don't really like how it looks though. The small head-sculpt on that huge body, leaves me with the impression that Kojima is wearing some kind of "fat suit" :lol.

Has it been mentioned if the Kotobuya Rex & Mini Figs need paint? I read some websites that said it doesn't but I also vaguely remember reading here that it does.

Has it been mentioned if the Kotobuya Rex & Mini Figs need paint? I read some websites that said it doesn't but I also vaguely remember reading here that it does.

Yes you need to paint everything Rex and the figures, Rex isn't to hard
IMG_5384.jpg

But the figures are crazy small! so i gave up on thoses

Back