Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It takes like a whole 2 seconds to figure out that's not an official product. Come on guys :lol

:exactly: I believe it's just a more creative way to express on what they are doing. I mean, some people would just rather post the details in pure text format but some would prefer it executed in a more creative way. Nothing wrong with that :dunno

It takes like a whole 2 seconds to figure out that's not an official product. Come on guys :lol

The point that I, and several others have been making - which has clearly flown over the heads of some, is that it's not in good taste to drop stylized "coming soon" teasers (in big, bold "COMING SOON" photoshop letters) of highly detailed customs in a thread where many of us are awaiting news of new Hot Toys figures. Within those two seconds that you mentioned, my reaction literally went from this:

(Thinking that it's a new Hot Toys figure)

to this:

(Realizing that it's just a custom)
tumblr_mbpv5xayI11qcurg1.gif

I'm not bipolar and I hate to have my emotions being toyed with like that (unintentional or not) :lol. Vendrell seems to have understood what we were discussing, so it's cool.

Last edited:
Anyways, in regards to ThreeA REX, I received a few more replies over at the ThreeA forum concerning the removal of the railgun. Apparently, it can be removed!

SaitouSad:

For those who are wondering if the Rail gun can be removed, I have managed to do it successfully. You gotta hold on to the very end of the white plastic arm attached to the rail gun tightly, then slowly and carefully try and nudge the railgun out by prying it with your other hand. Be very slow and careful about it. The top peg should come off first, followed by the bottom peg. Don't twist it when doing so, just pry it straight off.

Hopefully this helps!

Donpablo:

Mine comes off rather easily, just make sure when you pull it out you squeeze the connector joint as well.

The point that I, and several others have been making - which has clearly flown over the heads of some, is that it's not in good taste to drop stylized "coming soon" teasers (in big, bold "COMING SOON" photoshop letters) of highly detailed customs in a thread where many of us are awaiting news of new Hot Toys figures. Within those two seconds that you mentioned, my reaction literally went from this:

(Thinking that it's a new Hot Toys figure)

to this:

(Realizing that it's just a custom)
tumblr_mbpv5xayI11qcurg1.gif

I'm not bipolar and I hate to have my emotions being toyed with like that (unintentional or not) :lol. Vendrell seems to have understood what we were discussing, so it's cool.

:goodpost: :exactly: :lecture

my REX will be coming today :yess:

Anyways, in regards to ThreeA REX, I received a few more replies over at the ThreeA forum concerning the removal of the railgun. Apparently, it can be removed!

I'm glad we got a post finally that isn't about this stupid teaser.

I would try it, but those pegs are so wedged into the railgun I wouldn't recommend it at all, the whole figure is very fragile. I extended the shin hydraulics and the whole figure shook since it literally snaps outward.

Well something needed to be done!
Whats the Customer Services like these days with Hot Toys? Contacted them regarding Boss's suit, need a replacement.

My Rex just came. The box is HUGE

You should know that out of the box the hip joints that have the mudflap thing are in the wrong position, you have to turn them forward so that the mudflap should lay across the front of the joint. Rad Toy Review has a good explanation on what to do.

Nice to see someone else has got their REX :hi5:

I'm happy leaving mine as is with flaps hanging.
Holds pose well and saves poor heartses from unnecessary suffering.

Now Boss and Snake are here just waiting on supplies and i'll get to work on me daffodil dio. Thinking simple like twist ties cut to shape and size with paper petals (wire stuck through middle) and painted bluetac blob in the middle.

May work, may not. We'll see. Need to find a nice piece of awld tree to simulate a living tree as i'm sure there was a few dotted around the outskirts of that boss battle.

Now Boss and Snake are here just waiting on supplies and i'll get to work on me daffodil dio. Thinking simple like twist ties cut to shape and size with paper petals (wire stuck through middle) and painted bluetac blob in the middle.

May work, may not. We'll see. Need to find a nice piece of awld tree to simulate a living tree as i'm sure there was a few dotted around the outskirts of that boss battle.

I'm a accuracy nut so I had to fix the legs :lol

You're going to have to make at least 40-50 of the flowers for it to work but I guess you would leave circle gaps for them to stand right?

Yeah i'll sink a foot print for the feet to steady them.
Maybe more blowers who knows. I bought like 200 green twist ties and some green flower rod things so we'll see.

Might do an area and see how it looks. These have to be quite tall so may have to oversize the flower.

:yess: :lol

I'm tempted to do the same thing as well. I plan on moving from my apartment this year so I think it'll be best if I just leave it in the default position so that I can stuff it back in the box :monkey1.

Back