Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's interesting to take a look back into time and review something. Retro reviews. Makes me feel old as hell that MGS is under that category

On that note, I prefer to watch old reviews that were relevant for that time period, as well as the commentary of how such games have impacted the industry.

All that guy does, is discuss spoilers while interjecting obvious points that should be already known to anyone who has played the game before - eg. "the overall tone of the game, and especially its music contain a tone of serious action movie grit". Was that really necessary? :slap Granted, I didn't watch his second video and nor do I plan on doing so.

Here's an interesting thought: if you want to relive your experiences from an old game, just go ahead and replay it :lol.

View attachment 57483
View attachment 57482

Yes!!! This thing looks massive. Opened the box, saw the rail gun, and started packing it up. No sense opening until I have the proper space for it :lol:

You should really open up the package though, just to check that all of the parts are included and that nothing's missing. A few members here (including Furyan) reported some missing panels on REX's legs.

As Solidus said open that sucker up and check everything out. How you have the willpower to not open him up fully and bask in his awesomeness, I will never understand.

New REX shots. I'm thinking this is what I'm going to leave him in for posing.

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

014.jpg

Any one interested in buying the Metal Boss BDU version, I've been trying to get rid of it for months at this point.

Okay, someone fill me in real quick here.

Since 3A are starting to ship Rex, so is it cool to be collecting them again then?:lol

I wouldn't say cool, but it's a nice display piece. It's just that the 4 month delay on such a POS pilot was not worth the upfront payment and wait.

I didn't have to shell out no down payment as I've been doing business with my dealer for a while now. So it never really bothered me.

How's the QC, and the joints etc on this figure?

I didn't have to shell out no down payment as I've been doing business with my dealer for a while now. So it never really bothered me.

How's the QC, and the joints etc on this figure?

Well lucky for you that you didn't go through Bamba.

The joints are alright, at least with mine it feels like their solid until you move them out of their stock box position and they don't have that solid feel anymore. They could of went with a better ratchet joint I think.

The fact you can't remove the railgun without running risk of seriously damaging it is a real bother.

For whatever reason, no joints on one side will have the same tightness as the other.

For instance the "toes", 3/4 are tight enough that they are solid while one seems noticeably weaker.

You might end up finding some wet paint on some of the pegs for the panels as I did.

The mouth does not close all the way, it stays a few millimeters open pretty much no matter what you do. It would be nice to devise some way to maybe use magnets to keep the mouth fully closed :dunno

I would've, if I knew tht the ones from bamba would come with a mini snake.

But now that I'm reading all these, I'm kinda glad that I didn't. :rotfl
From your bullet points, it sound like a semi erection, I think I've lost interest on this one.

I think I'm gonna be selling it once it arrives, as it doesn't go well with any of my HT, EB Batman stuffs I have on display. I think I'll use the money to pay for the camo tumbler, or maybe get an additional batpod for Selina or something. :monkey1

Thanks for the mini review nonetheless, appreciate it, snake :wave

I would've, if I knew tht the ones from bamba would come with a mini snake.

But now that I'm reading all these, I'm kinda glad that I didn't. :rotfl
From your bullet points, it sound like a semi erection, I think I've lost interest on this one.

I think I'm gonna be selling it once it arrives, as it doesn't go well with any of my HT, EB Batman stuffs I have on display. I think I'll use the money to pay for the camo tumbler, or maybe get an additional batpod for Selina or something. :monkey1

Thanks for the mini review nonetheless, appreciate it, snake :wave

This was a review for what it is, I didn't even mention the inaccuracies. I don't know how 4 years of development doesn't churn out a absolutely perfect product.

It's worth getting, but I don't think it's worth what most paid for. It sure as hell isn't worth what eBay is charging.

I gotta say, thanks for posting about those issues man. When I finally get my REX, I'm going to take it out and let it "air dry" for 24 hours before handling it :lol. Although, there's a good chance that the paint will be dried well before then since Sideshow is getting their shipment very late.

I gotta say, thanks for posting about those issues man. When I finally get my REX, I'm going to take it out and let it "air dry" for 24 hours before handling it :lol. Although, there's a good chance that the paint will be dried well before then since Sideshow is getting their shipment very late.

To be honest, I think any length of time won't dry up any wet paint. It was only one peg that was still "gooey" so I wouldn't worry too much.

The problem is you won't know anything is wet until you start removing the panels. The rest of the paint was fine on mine.

As much as I wanted to keep him I could not justify him. After reading all the posts of stiff joints, and the risk of breaking him I was too afraid to keep him in my collection despite waiting for so long.

I love the franchise and wish I could have kept him, but issues & space won out on this one over love of the franchise.

As much as I wanted to keep him I could not justify him. After reading all the posts of stiff joints, and the risk of breaking him I was too afraid to keep him in my collection despite waiting for so long.

I love the franchise and wish I could have kept him, but issues & space won out on this one over love of the franchise.

I don't have a clue where I could fit RAY now that I got REX :dunno

listen here *****!!! after so many years of waiting for it you WILL make room for that RAY!!!!!!! :monkey3

I wouldn't doubt it, I guess I will be 30 when I can at pay for it and another 2 years waiting for it to show up :monkey4

You know, I think I might be over this figure... At this rate I'm betting Revo or someone will make a fully painted, fully articulated, fully accessorized Rex in a 6 or 7 inch scale which is what my collection is really crying for.

All fans who sell will come to regret it, I'm sure. This is the most bad *** thing I own, and is on its way to, if not already, to becoming a grail. Sure, 3A pissed in our mouths but its here now, and it sounds like some are making mountains out of mole hills because of the hassle the makers gave us. Stay the course!!!!!!!!!!

Back