Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics! Havent had a chance to set him up with batteries yet,looks mean. Did u ever get an answer about removing the railgun? Was thinking of keeping him MGS style for the time being but I think ill want to switch that up ever once and awhile.

Solidus brought the question up to the 3A board and they were puzzled as well, one member managed to do it but they thought they were going to break it in the process. I think once it's on, it's too dangerous to try it.

Here is the Liquid Snake pilot I started working on last night, please don't be too harsh on it since it's the first thing I've ever sculpted and yes I know I need to scale the arms, hair and face down :lol

I'm trying to make it as detailed as possible the the scale of this is making it extremely difficult to do the face. To anyone that would be interested in buying one, you should know that I probably won't do eyes and they would just be implied.

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

By the way, anyone who has the pilot... is the arms and paint on yours sticky and you get residue on your fingers? I put mine into a zip-lock bag due to this.

Last edited:
Really ? Did you know that HT didn't make any teaser until I do it for Hot Toys Community ?
Sorry to be a graphic designer and to want that my custom looks good and official...
So now, we should make creepy pictures and **** presentation to show it's not official from HT... Or you should just read the text on the picture to know it's a custom ?

If I posted it on the wrong thread, I'm sorry, I tried to create one in the Custom section but it was deleted.

Anyway, thanks to those who appreciated my work. :wave

I appreciate your work for HTC, but that really has no bearing on what we're discussing here. No one said that your presentation had to be crappy. But, it is misleading and highly annoying if you present your custom works in the same style as you do the Hot Toys teasers (or whatever). People get their hopes up, but then read the "fine print" with your name, only to be sorely disappointed that it was not an official announcement. I hope you understood that.

Last edited:
Solidus brought the question up to the 3A board and they were puzzled as well, one member managed to do it but they thought they were going to break it in the process. I think once it's on, it's too dangerous to try it.

Here is the Liquid Snake pilot I started working on last night, please don't be too harsh on it since it's the first thing I've ever sculpted and yes I know I need to scale the arms, hair and face down :lol

I'm trying to make it as detailed as possible the the scale of this is making it extremely difficult to do the face. To anyone that would be interested in buying one, you should know that I probably won't do eyes and they would just be implied.

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

By the way, anyone who has the pilot... is the arms and paint on yours sticky and you get residue on your fingers? I put mine into a zip-lock bag due to this.

Not bad for a first try! The arms could use a bit of sculpting but head and torso actually look pretty nice! :hi5:

I appreciate your work for HTC, but that really has no bearing on what we're discussing here. No one said that your presentation had to be crappy. But, it is misleading and highly annoying if you make them style as you do the Hot Toys teasers (or whatever). People get their hopes up, but then read the "fine print" with your name, only to be sorely disappointed that it was not an official announcement. I hope you understood that.

For a split second, I honestly thought it was legit :slap

I'm kind of with these guys on the situation, I'm all for pics of customs and progress shots... but putting up official-esk teasers just doesn't seem necessary.

Not bad for a first try! The arms could use a bit of sculpting but head and torso actually look pretty nice! :hi5:

Thanks, this wasn't going to be the final mold just so you know :lol

I'm well aware he has Hulk arms, the big issue is making hands that can grip the controls. It's more detailed than you see with my crappy camera pics :slap

Sweet work so far lad.
Right i'm gonna need some oasis foam, green 8" twist ties and a load of white paper....................easy cheap and cheerfull daffy o'dill dio. I'll give it a day before I get sick ha!

I agree with you guys about the custom stuff. A Metal Gear Solid collectibles thread is no place for showing Metal Gear Solid custom figures. This place is reserved for endless whining about 3A, Hot Toys choosing to make the sneaking suit over fatigues and Hot Toys headsculpts not looking right.

For god's sake, this is not the time to be posting custom figures when his mustache doesn't connect to his beard!!!!!

PS Vendrell, that looks great. I appreciate the photoshop work as well, there was another member who did the custom Guts armor who also put together nice photoshop displays like that and I've always admired it.

I agree with you guys about the custom stuff. A Metal Gear Solid collectibles thread is no place for showing Metal Gear Solid custom figures. This place is reserved for endless whining about 3A, Hot Toys choosing to make the sneaking suit over fatigues and Hot Toys headsculpts not looking right.

For god's sake, this is not the time to be posting custom figures when his mustache doesn't connect to his beard!!!!!

PS Vendrell, that looks great. I appreciate the photoshop work as well, there was another member who did the custom Guts armor who also put together nice photoshop displays like that and I've always admired it.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol :goodpost:

Does anyone here have a problem with Rex's head lights? Cause when the lights are off, it still have very dim lights on.

Does anyone here have a problem with Rex's head lights? Cause when the lights are off, it still have very dim lights on.

You sure that the power switch is completely pushed to the off side? I think alot of people are having issues with the electronics, my friend said on the 3A board that some electronics would just turn on by themselves :lol

I appreciate your work for HTC, but that really has no bearing on what we're discussing here. No one said that your presentation had to be crappy. But, it is misleading and highly annoying if you present your custom works in the same style as you do the Hot Toys teasers (or whatever). People get their hopes up, but then read the "fine print" with your name, only to be sorely disappointed that it was not an official announcement. I hope you understood that.

I talk about HT teaser on HTC because you say that's "HT style". HT didn't created the marketing of teasers, why not "Vendrell style" ?...
I made it because it was difficult for me to create this custom, and I'm proud of the result. What's wrong with the fact to make a good photoshoot and promo ?
You say that it's misleading, but you have just to read the text, even the title in the picture to know that it is a custom. I'm not tricking anyone, I've never said that is official or anything...
I made like a magazine review to explain how I did it, and how people could make it, with details about the custom parts and which brand to use, you will see when it will be 100% finish, and maybe it will help you to build the same figure than me if you really want one.

I can understand that is the wrong thread, I told I'm sorry and I don't understand why my thread in the Custom section was deleted.
But don't blame me to make a good presentation of my stuff just because it looks like official and it creates hope in your mind...

Lol, I will keep the promo on my pages and on FB for those who are interessed, I just won't share it here anymore if people are reacting this way...

I think were all in agreement that people should post their work here, like yourself. But it's in the fashion on how he goes about it that people dislike.

haha oh everybody is in agreement that people can show their work! Great thanks a lot.

People can post whatever they want to as long as they want to share something.

I find both this and just general spamming of custom pictures kind of annoying, especially when a lot of people have threads dedicated to their customs elsewhere.

Especially if you only post in the thread to shoehorn a custom and don't even discuss MGS at all...

Back