Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody know if Play Arts ever do re-releases of figures? I see that Cyborg Ninja is extremely expensive as far as it's still available and Solid Snake nowhere to be found.

Thanks LOL :lol :1-1:.
Just on a side note, I met Kevin Conroy (the voice actor for animated Batman) a few years ago and got his autograph

Okay now I hate you! :lol
I ALWAYS WANTED his autograph ever since I was a kid!! But living in Asia and not knowing his fan mail address, my chances are slim. I've even dreamed about it! More like a nightmare now that I'm realizing it.

Hey guys, update on Vulcan Raven resin 1/6 statue.

Base and Ammo drum painted... not too happy with the weathering of the Ammo drum... needs more highlights and dark marks.
20130121190152.jpg

20130121190557.jpg

20130121190743.jpg

Bought this 1/6 scale raven.. gotta figure out how to remove it's circular base attach him to Vulcan Raven's shoulder... :)
20130121190641.jpg

Just picked up the bamba exclusive today.
Wow! Flaws aside this is easily the greatest collectible I have ever owned.
Got hit with £25 customs and a trek in the snow but damn it was worth it!

E3E0F414-984D-410B-BE9E-E78650FA3419-26009-0000285B6033C672.jpg

AE690D0F-E3C5-4DC9-B326-2A4C5CA0DD2E-26009-0000285B69650DDB.jpg

Love the pose! I like how you managed to get REX to look like that, regardless of the lack of head articulation.

Okay now I hate you! :lol
I ALWAYS WANTED his autograph ever since I was a kid!! But living in Asia and not knowing his fan mail address, my chances are slim. I've even dreamed about it! More like a nightmare now that I'm realizing it.

:D :D :D

This is definitely not the thread to post this, but since we're discussing it anyway, here is a Batman Arkham City launch package that I got in 2011 - it includes a copy of the game that was signed by Kevin Conroy, Jim Lee, and Sefton Hill. I got two games signed as well as two launch packages (sold one and kept the other). I sold the one pictured below on Ebay.

I know what you mean, though. I've never heard about Conroy officially signing autographs before, and I think the Arkham City launch event was an absolute first for him. They placed a strict limit of 100 people in the autograph line. Numbered tickets were handed out on a first-come-first-serve basis, and I had to pre-order the game a week before in order to acquire a ticket and reserve a spot in the line.

6597779925_8b6bbc9143_b.jpg

Hey guys, update on Vulcan Raven resin 1/6 statue.

Base and Ammo drum painted... not too happy with the weathering of the Ammo drum... needs more highlights and dark marks.
20130121190152.jpg

20130121190557.jpg

20130121190743.jpg

Bought this 1/6 scale raven.. gotta figure out how to remove it's circular base attach him to Vulcan Raven's shoulder... :)
20130121190641.jpg

Not bad! I would love to see how your painted figure looks.

Not bad! I would love to see how your painted figure looks.

Thanks!! :)

Looking neat as that lad!
Can't you just snip around the feet with side cutters or dremmel?

Cheers mate, that's most probably what I'm gonna do, I'm afraid they might be a bit too small to cut around... if all fails, I'm gonna have to rip off the base+feet and reconstruct those tiny feet haha.

BTW I'll be putting my Rex up on Ebay likely within the next few days, but if anyone really wants to get the Bambaland version for flipping prices they can send me a PM with an offer or whatever. I really hate using Ebay especially the huge percentage they take off your sale. I rather sell Rex cheaper outside Ebay than get a little more through Ebay.

BTW I'll be putting my Rex up on Ebay likely within the next few days, but if anyone really wants to get the Bambaland version for flipping prices they can send me a PM with an offer or whatever. I really hate using Ebay especially the huge percentage they take off your sale. I rather sell Rex cheaper outside Ebay than get a little more through Ebay.

Even if you go through eBay, you might have the luck of a buyer offering you something that you wouldn't have to sell through them and just do it through Paypal. I've done it numerous times and Paypal really doesn't take much of anything out of a transaction :clap

I will be getting my REX Saturday :yess:

As much as Ebay is a pain in the butt (and as much as I don't like using them either), I'd avoid dealing on SSF. A lot of folks here have some sort of entitlement issue, in that they expect you to offer them a discount at retail price or below, because they happen to "know" you on the forum.

For valuable stuff that you want to flip and make a profit, you should sell on Ebay. For everything else that you wouldn't mind selling at a loss (eg. recently released Hot Toys figures), the forum is acceptable. Of course, it's up to you :lol.

Im interested :) and also a very responsible buyer :)

Also Im for the hunt of Solid Snake PAK...anyone knows where can I find him? a decent price of course, eBay is nuts with their overpriced figures...

As much as Ebay is a pain in the butt (and as much as I don't like using them either), I'd avoid dealing on SSF. A lot of folks here have some sort of entitlement issue, in that they expect you to offer them a discount at retail price or below, because they happen to "know" you on the forum.

For valuable stuff that you want to flip and make a profit, you should sell on Ebay. For everything else that you wouldn't mind selling at a loss (eg. recently released Hot Toys figures), the forum is acceptable. Of course, it's up to you :lol.

Too true, there is a certain member on here which I will not name who basically tortured me into selling my PAK Solid Snake figure for retail. He also gave me one of these speeches "well it went for 80$ on eBay"... good for (f)ucking eBay ... morons I tell you.

Too true, there is a certain member on here which I will not name who basically tortured me into selling my PAK Solid Snake figure for retail. He also gave me one of these speeches "well it went for 80$ on eBay"... good for (f)ucking eBay ... morons I tell you.

Im not that guy, right? D: I remember PMd you but not sure if it was for Solid

Hey guys new to the site, wanted to say hi:wave

Hopefully we get more MGS figures soon, big year for the franchise. I'm dying for Hot Toys to make Gray Fox:pray:

Definitely need to get my hands on Ray, favorite out of all the Metal Gears. I was late in the game for Rex but from the sound of it the fans feedback are mixed reviews, it still looks amazing though.

First MGS figure....
IMG_9478_zpseaab2f22.jpg

IMG_9470_zps16ec77e1.jpg

IMG_9485sdas_zpse94ca9d4.jpg

IMG_9401_zps94a6574e.jpg

sdfsdzxsd_zps4a75a0d6.jpg

Back