Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow dude I like your collection in the way that you've decorated it I really need to get some of those detolf cabinets at least 1 also paint those metal boss bandanas acrylic flat black

Sent from the Shell by codec.

Hey guys, thought I'd posted my final repainted Medicom Old Snake, what an awesome figure with some minor tweaks!

20130119194454.jpg

20130119194038.jpg

20130119194154.jpg

20130119194505.jpg

zoomtoseedetails.jpg

Stunning work Ryan, it floors that barbie doll paint job Medicom did :clap

I got metal gear Rex from threea a few days ago and I feel it was such a waste of time at the moment. The left hip joint doesn't have a ratchet in it while the right one does. So the leg is really loose and flops around. It collapsed on itself and it permabroke one of the small pegs that holds the foot pad and allows it to swivel. It also has put tons of pressure on the right leg joint and its starting to pull that out and its all wobbly. Worst of all ThreeA isn't responding to my emails. What should I do?

I got metal gear Rex from threea a few days ago and I feel it was such a waste of time at the moment. The left hip joint doesn't have a ratchet in it while the right one does. So the leg is really loose and flops around. It collapsed on itself and it permabroke one of the small pegs that holds the foot pad and allows it to swivel. It also has put tons of pressure on the right leg joint and its starting to pull that out and its all wobbly. Worst of all ThreeA isn't responding to my emails. What should I do?

They will respond eventually. Sorry to hear about that though. I'm not a fan of ThreeA's robot legs in general. I find they are often really awkward joints that are either too loose or way too tight. The Popbot hip joints were a disaster. The Real Steel Ambush joints are pretty bad too. Arms are way too lose and the hips are way too tight.

hahaha a little over the top but i just came back from the bar so excuse what you can.:dunno its just, i cant be totally enthused about a further project cause i know ill get it when they feel like finishing it.

Try [email protected]
Sometimes they take a day or two to reply but they always reply.
You may have to take it apart yourself as sometimes they send out the parts.
Worse case is they say send back. Don't want that option, no way.

Hi, I'm new and I've been keeping an eye on this thread due to the fact that I also have an mg Rex preordered from bbts. Seeing as to how many people are disappointed in the toy, you think it would be wise of me to just drop my pre order while i still can? Thanks I'm now on fence about this thing.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new and I've been keeping an eye on this thread due to the fact that I also have an mg Rex preordered from bbts. Seeing as to how many people are disappointed in the toy, you think it would be wise of me to just drop my pre order while i still can? Thanks I'm now on fence about this thing.

I'd say you should keep your pre-order, and just in case you change your mind later, you can resell it for a profit. REX is sold out everywhere, and the prices have increased on Ebay.

Don't worry Solidus, for voting Mask of the Phantasm as the best Batman movie, you are beyond cool in my book.

Thanks LOL :lol :1-1:. Mask of the Phantasm was the movie that got me into Batman. I loved it when I was 7 years old, and I consider it a masterpiece today.

Just on a side note, I met Kevin Conroy (the voice actor for animated Batman) a few years ago and got his autograph on my copy of Arkham City. It was an incredible experience meeting him in person.

I'd say you should keep your pre-order, and just in case you change your mind later, you can resell it for a profit. REX is sold out everywhere, and the prices have increased on Ebay.

Thanks for the advice. Guess ill hold onto it then. Also, I think sideshow is supplying bbts with their orders. You guys have any idea when I should be expecting bbts to get their batches in?

Thanks for the advice. Guess ill hold onto it then. Also, I think sideshow is supplying bbts with their orders. You guys have any idea when I should be expecting bbts to get their batches in?

Sideshow is the official distributor of ThreeA Toys (as well as Hot Toys) in the U.S, so all other retailers including BBTS, will get their stock from Sideshow. I've never received an order from BBTS before. But, based on the feedback that I've seen on this forum, they usually start shipping their orders within a few weeks to a few months after Sideshow begins to ship theirs. I guess it all depends on how fast Sideshow can dispatch their bulk shipments to other retailers.

Just picked up the bamba exclusive today.
Wow! Flaws aside this is easily the greatest collectible I have ever owned.
Got hit with £25 customs and a trek in the snow but damn it was worth it!

E3E0F414-984D-410B-BE9E-E78650FA3419-26009-0000285B6033C672.jpg

AE690D0F-E3C5-4DC9-B326-2A4C5CA0DD2E-26009-0000285B69650DDB.jpg

Only £25?!!

Whenever i get items caught of half the value of rex i usually have to pay near enough £45

Back