Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope after Snake and Boss Hot Toys starts at MGS 1. However I have a feeling these will be the only 2 figures we get from MGS.

Yeah, I think this might happen too. They did do a poll way back to see which figure should be next. I think MGS 4 Raiden won that. At this point, I can't see Hot Toys giving us even variations of the main characters like they do with Iron Man. Hot Toys is assuming collectors only have room for one Snake and one Big Boss.

All the delay for just a tiny snake figure. That's pathetic.
Better be worth it.

That's what they're saying, anyway. They haven't even shown the Snake figure as yet. In addition, I don't really understand what they mean by an "approval process". That figure was supposed to be Ashley Wood's version of Snake, not Shikawa's. So, is Ashley Wood delaying his own figure because he doesn't like what he has done with it?

It sucks, theres nothing new to report. Makes eveyone get angry. Rex is gonna happen, just not any time soon. I try not to think about it so i dont get all mopey about the wait.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

I see that there's not much excitement going on around here due to delayed Rex. I guess here's my old AMV I made if anybody's interested. I was so glad to be asked by the mixers of this song, the Maniac Agenda to make this. :)

[ame="https://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNNFk5V36rs&feature=plcp"]https://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNNFk5V36rs&feature=plcp[/ame]

should finally be getting my rah old snake today (blue). i know its nothing cool to report but im really glad its finally happening. raiden needed the accompaniment. kinda looks naked without him.

I still like that figure, the face is the only problem. The suit is very badass indeed, just pose him with his back to ya lol

I did Jason, I would go for it but I just don't have the spare cash to get it. I have to get Christmas presents for my Girlfriend and I have stuff on PO in the next few months.

I just got the DX10 and I'm waiting on my DX12 to come in. If I didn't have to delegate so much to my PO's I would get a lot of stuff.

I still don't have a Miller figure lol. My GF tried to get that really cheap one on eBay and she bought it, then the seller refunded her telling her it was damaged when he inspected it.

Besides, the Zero version isn't much different than the regular suit. I would rather have the Red Ninja since it actually was in the game, the Zero was not.

well, i got old snake today. its almost unposable like you guys said. the suit however is softer than raidens, a lot softer. i kinda wish raidens was like that. i kinda put him in a running with rifle pose. these guys would be so easy to customize better. elvis beat me to it though. after this christmas theyre both going under the knife. its a shame these could have been done so much better. the knife is abysmal, its like a piece of paper. im not even sure where its supposed to go so i put it in his single pouch on his chest. medi products are poopoo.

I have been lurking on this board for quite some time now, and I have to say that when it comes to ThreeA you guys here have nailed it on the head. I was (like most of you) was really excited when I saw the initial pictures of Rex. Watching the development of the model has been quite an eye sore. The reduced size console, the stupid cheap ass lights, and the removing of the head swivel joint. The color is putrid as its more like Metal Gear Spinach.

I was a member on the ThreeA forum. While I was there I pointed out a few things about their current business model and made some valid points on the company as whole. On of the things I mentioned was how they should focus on their current projects instead of having 9 figures in shipping limbo while taking pre-orders on 2 more figures. It became quite apparent that ThreeA does things how ThreeA wants to do them. After my post criticizing them I was banned for "not following forum rules." The first rule about ThreeA club is don't criticize ThreeA club.

It wasn't until after I placed an order that all of the major changes were made. I don't know if the timing was intentional but one of the biggest changes was the color. In my opinion the dark green color scheme is much better than the salad look the model currently has. I learned the hard way that what you order from ThreeA isn't actually what you are getting. The miniature snake figure that the Bambaland version comes with is (in my opinion) already not worth it. It seems senseless to punish the customers who pre-oderderd from the source. If it is delaying the orders from shipping this long I would much rather not have it as I would be better off sculpting my own mini snake figure out of Greenstuff. Not to mention that there has been no images of it. All we have seen is an unpainted and blurry figure sitting in the cockpit of an unpainted Rex.

At this point I don't understand how ThreeA could have so many fans especially if their company treats their fan base like ****, and doesn't deliver the products how they promise. Other than their major licensed projects, their products are uninteresting. Ashley Wood's sexually charged abstract art style is a lackluster. It may just be me but, If I was to get a figure that had suggestive themes I would much rather get a Japanese figure that has nicer eye candy than a figure based on a painting by a modern day horny Picasso.

If it isn't the outlandish tits that keep them in business I don't know what does. But I do know, that on every corporate headstone it reads, "We never did it that way before." There will be a point in time where ThreeA will have to shape up in order to stay alive. With the new licensing (Metal Gear, Valve, Halo) they wont be able to keep doing their same tricks for long before they get full on back lash from these major companies.

So, Gimbat said that they would start shipping Metal Gear Rex near the end of November. It's that time and still no news. Am I surprised? No. Upset? Yeah. But it's all good because I don't mind the delay, I'm just happy to be getting REX! Right guise !? :) ....... uhhhh... :ohbfrank: ...... errrrmm :(

However, what I am excited for is the Koto kit. If I would have known Koto was going to come out with a Rex I would not have bought ThreeA's Rex. It's funny because Koto had 3 months and their model looks much more accurate to the game model while ThreeA had almost 3 years and their model has many flaws and inaccuracies. Not to mention that I will be able to paint in up in the actual game colors myself. I am actually glad that the model is that dark grey color. That dark grey is actually a better plastic that they have been using on the newer models. Meaning Rex will be more sturdy that other model kits that most of you may be familiar with. Another thing I like about Koto is you get what you pay for and you get what is advertised.

For you guys interested in the Koto kit but can't paint, let me tell you that painting this model will not be difficult. It will require just a few steps to complete.

First
You will want to prime the model black. I usually use a Krylon black spray paint primer that is meant for plastics. I can show you the particular brand if you want.

Why primer? Primer will help the paint stick to the model and prevent chipping.

Why Black? The black primer will help with bringing out the details of the model and making the over all colors a little darker which will also help to bring out more details later. If you want a brighter Rex then choose White primer. But anything that needs to be black you will have to paint over the white, an example being the cockpit.

Second
What you want to do is you want to pick 2 colors for the camouflage pattern. Rex is mostly 2 colors. there is the grey-sh green under color and the darker green camouflage pattern.
You will want to buy these colors in acrylic spray paint form. Or if you have an airbrush you can use that, but its a little more advanced. You can buy acrylic sprays from just about any hobby store. Or you can use other krylon sprays, but I recommend acrylics since they layer nicely.

Third

After the model has been sprayed completely black with the primer. Spray the entire model with your darker green camouflage color.

But I just sprayed it black? What gives? Remember the black primer is to help the paint stick to the model.

Fourth
Now that you have a green Rex what you want to do now is make what is called a Mask. I highly recommend some cheap putty for this or another type of doughy material. Putties come in various colors and consistencies. Some are more firm than others. If you are going to use putty to make a Mask then I recommend a medium to firm putty. The color that you use will not matter. The color of putty that I use is a bright blue. The bright color helps me to distinguish the camouflage markings from other colors.

Take your putty and place it around the model in the shape and locations of the camouflage you want. If you want to mimic the game camouflage I recommend you look at reference art.

Fifth
Now take your putty covered Rex and spray the entire thing (including putty) The grey-sh green color.

Six
Once the model is dry peel off the putty. You will now have a smooth camouflage Rex.

Detail work

At this point you will have to touch up various parts of the model to finish it. I suggest using Washes to bring out detail. You can find wash paints by Games Workshop (aka shades) or Vallejo paints. You will want a black wash to place in the deep crevasses of the model. Washes are very wattery. Most of the time you will need to just add a tab into a crevasse and it will fill in the rest of the lines. If you want to add dirt effects and weathering use Agrax Earth Shade(GW) Or a medium wash (V). GW seems to have some of the best metallics. I recommend those paints for any metallic colored part such as the toe nails.

Also remember when painting to keep your paint applications light even when spraying the model. And always water down your acrylic paints on a pallet before applying to the model.

When I am painting mine I will do a more in depth tutorial. I hope my rant has been helpful.

a modern day horny Picasso.

The pure definition of Ashley Wood right there :lol

Thanks for the Koto Rex tips, will most likely be picking that up and from the recent images it looks like it will need some serious work.

Great post warhawk009.

You have officially made me feel sadder about my Rex purchase. Maybe I'm just past the point of denile and accepting the cold hearted truth.

We will never get Rex from Bambaland.

Seriously though, will we get a shipping notification from ThreeA? or will this end up on my doorstep one day?

Great post warhawk009.

You have officially made me feel sadder about my Rex purchase. Maybe I'm just past the point of denile and accepting the cold hearted truth.

We will never get Rex from Bambaland.

Seriously though, will we get a shipping notification from ThreeA? or will this end up on my doorstep one day?

You have to ask them for shipping information. That's right. They don't even bother to give you the tracking information. You've got to get up and beg them for it with your tail between your legs :monkey4 I just want to get this over with. I never want to deal with this again.

After my post criticizing them I was banned for "not following forum rules." The first rule about ThreeA club is don't criticize ThreeA club.

Excellent analysis of that fanboy hornets nest forum. I might post there once a month, I don't even know why since you can't be blunt with any opinion because you get banned.

This Snake figure, as you said is not worth these CONSTANT ****ing delays. They knew how complicated the design was and it was not a straight forward build since REX really isn't a normal design since it's not really a human style forum like RAY.

At this point, I will be shocked if this even ships this year let alone January. It's your biggest release... and it's been handled poorly beyond measure. All the things that are inaccurate with it's articulation among other things, the constant delays, and you get this shut up and wait attitude.

Last edited:
Back