Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey i want to let my pak figures go.... better selling or trading... they are all still sealed in box?

PAK ninja
PAK red ninja
PAK miller
PAK armored big boss
PAK snake mgs1
PAK big boss sneaking suite
PAK jungle big boss
PAK LOVE PACK

Received Rex today ! It's a beauty. I'm still struggling to pose him in certain poses, there's so many moving parts. I'm kinda greatful the head doesn't move now, cause its already hard to pose him as is.

Really happy with it overall.:)

Just bought my solids off amiami can't wait!

When is bambaland shipping out their Rex ? Keep waiting for a shipping email....

^ end of November for Bamba version.

hey i want to let my pak figures go.... better selling or trading... they are all still sealed in box?

Id say selling. Im surprised you get them all and keep them sealed and decided to sell them already.

Check out the Koto Rex unpainted, it needs some effort but at least its the right colour! lolz

51-noscale.jpg

Id say selling. Im surprised you get them all and keep them sealed and decided to sell them already.

Check out the Koto Rex unpainted, it needs some effort but at least its the right colour! lolz

51-noscale.jpg

ughhh no camo scheme, no way I can replicate that. I will paint the minifigs but that's it. Good enough.

i don't even know how you would go about putting the camo on it. Also since i don't do model kits i can't really buy a whole variety of paint to do everything needed. But it does look decent enough as is

i don't even know how you would go about putting the camo on it. Also since i don't do model kits i can't really buy a whole variety of paint to do everything needed. But it does look decent enough as is

It will be fine out of the box, and with the camo scheme you would need ALOT of masking tape to try and replicate the angles. I don't care how skilled you art, you are not going to be able to replicate it 100%.

51-noscale.jpg
[/QUOTE

yeah... that is the reason why i let them go... had the stuff in hand and quality sucks, got replacement for miller and ninja... so i decided to keep them in box because i had no place for at the moment. and now i lost my interest on them... so i will sell them... maybe i wait until the next mgs is released?!

i wanna do it now that you guys say you cant/wont. i dont think itll be that hard honestly. tape has a straight edge you just have to put it at the right angles. im glad i have the 3a rex to go by. if i cant put the camo on this i definitely wont be able to do the resin kits. im gonna definitely give it a shot.

I think to get the right look you would have to airbrush the whole thing in that same colour to get rid of the plastic look. Then do the camo detailing in a darker grey.

the annoying part would be with the mini figs though. chrome blue and orange for Fox then brown and flesh tone for liquid

i was thinking more along the lines of doing the camo and then a weathering effect. i dont care aboout the minifigs. im not even using the stand. its going to be nestled perfectly between other mgs1 paraphernalia.

anyone got any tips for chrysalis? i almost threw my controller last night when i was getting tired ..................and this morning. peacewalker is the only mgs i havent even beaten once. the others many times. if i destroy the radome then he can track my missiles and dodge them right? i blew up both his wings but it didnt seem like it did much, she was still flying. any input or ideas will greatly be appreciated. thanks in advance!

Theres a part in the map where you can hide from his attacks. I'm talking about the corner with a huge block of rocks that you can run circles into. Use it to hide from his rail gun and machine gun attacks. always stay on the opposite side of the block chrysalis is facing and focus fire on his AI pod. I suggest using light machineguns instead of rockets launchers for it

anyone got any tips for chrysalis? i almost threw my controller last night when i was getting tired ..................and this morning. peacewalker is the only mgs i havent even beaten once. the others many times. if i destroy the radome then he can track my missiles and dodge them right? i blew up both his wings but it didnt seem like it did much, she was still flying. any input or ideas will greatly be appreciated. thanks in advance!

Use heat seeking/locking missiles and run around that blocky building to avoid its missiles. I think missiles are more dangerous than the railgun or machine guns. You just have to be clear where chrysalis is and not to let it out of your sight.

I also don't know if it is a good idea to destroy the radome, for you need custom parts to do your own metal gear. Though I don't remember what specific parts each mech you have to face gives you. Chrysalis should give you rail gun unless you destroy it. You can also use chaff grenades to make it go fubar. I think that's the point when you can use other missiles as well to shoot it.

There is no difficulties about painting the koto Rex and giving it camo as well. That camo is rather straightforward. Just use masking tape to create those patterns an it should be relatively easy. I would highly recommend using airbrush for models as big as this one. On a page 473 you can see fairly well how the pattern goes.

Last edited:
Got my Rex last night and I will post some pics tonight. HUGE and feels pretty damn fragile actually like a big resin model kit.

That picture of the Koto REx with a plastic stand behind it gave me an idea for my ThreeA Rex. I really like the look of REx standing on only his 2 "feet", without using his back support.

Since my rex is exposed right in front of a wall, i might just drill a hole in the wall, and have a small thin piece of wood support under his middle part.

Got my Rex last night and I will post some pics tonight. HUGE and feels pretty damn fragile actually like a big resin model kit.

The Ambush feels fragile too. 3A doesnt use the heavy plastics and diecast like Bandai does

Fragile ? Only feels like it then, because i can vouch for the fact that it is damn solid in person.

I dropped mine from about a 1m ( 3 foot) on accident, and the only thing that happened is that some of the removable parts came off. Everything else was fine. I was really worried that it was broken because it looked and felt really fragile as first impression. But after that experience, I'm confident this thing is built well.

Back