Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the thing is like crazy articulated. Its proportions are better, the 3A version looks skinny in some parts. Its just as detailed in the sculpt, the colour is more accurate and it comes with 2 ninjas a Snake and Liquid. Like foreal!?

Its more like 1/10th of the price and the figure is at least 7-10 inches tall. So a nice size. But 3As is a beast!

Its only downfall is its a model-kit. Its been years (2003) since i bought a model kit but in my experience they are super delicate and flimsy, hopefully thats not the case anymore

Nope. Bandai and Kotobukiya model kits are high quality and easy to work with, Bandai much more so than Kotobukiya.

Yeah the thing is like crazy articulated. Its proportions are better, the 3A version looks skinny in some parts. Its just as detailed in the sculpt, the colour is more accurate and it comes with 2 ninjas a Snake and Liquid. Like foreal!?

Its more like 1/10th of the price and the figure is at least 7-10 inches tall. So a nice size. But 3As is a beast!

Its only downfall is its a model-kit. Its been years (2003) since i bought a model kit but in my experience they are super delicate and flimsy, hopefully thats not the case anymore

Yeah, I forgot to mention about the unpainted figures. The Koto kit includes those too! Unlike the retail version of ThreeA REX that doesn't even come with a pilot figure or anything :(.

I haven't constructed a modeling kit in quite some time myself. But, I'm really looking forward to this one.

There is no way the Koto Rex is better than 3A. In fact they cannot even be compared because they are on two completely different levels. It seems to me 3A Rex has better articulation than the Koto. Wont know for sure until someone has both in hand but Koto Rex needs the clear rod to hold himself up in some poses also. Do not want. I havent had a model kit in years but as ZR said I remember them being very delicate flimsy ect. Again wont know until someone has him in hand. And yes those mini figures are awesome. How big are they and do they come painted? Either way both are very cool and have their own positives and negatives. Cannot wait to see everyones Koto Rex' painted up and definitely cannot wait for 3A Rex to finally arrive!

im probably not going to paint my koto rex kit. im just going to snap him together and display him a mgs4 if possible. i need more fillers in my mgs4 collection. its looking miniscule.

im probably not going to paint my koto rex kit. im just going to snap him together and display him a mgs4 if possible. i need more fillers in my mgs4 collection. its looking miniscule.

I only have the Old Snake, Raiden and the couple UDT Medicom figures.

i havent bought a snake. i have a raiden though. im waiting for a broken one so i can fix it or one for cheap but yeah i have a the UDF figs too. whenever someone wants to sell it ill buy it.

Im thinking about selling my Medicom Raiden and Snake. Ive taken Raiden out once, him and the box are still in mint condition. They both sit in storage anyway. despite their issue they are both awesome figures

for some reason i feel confident HotToys will remake them both

Frack me. Alterego comics just emailed me. My PO (placed around 04/2012) has been canceled because of my address. Now I'm screwed and will most certainly miss the beast. :(

Frack me. Alterego comics just emailed me. My PO (placed around 04/2012) has been canceled because of my address. Now I'm screwed and will most certainly miss the beast. :(

Can you call them and rectify this? Have you ordered from them before? Their Customer Service is amazing.

Thanks guys , I'm gonna check this. I'm oversea and it's not easy to get this big boy shipped to my country. PO are closed, I will contact bigbadtoys for sure.

I finally got Meryl. It looks really nothing like Meryl to be honest. Her face is too pretty and me and my gf agree her tits are still too big. I don't like her tan colored MGS4 style equipment either.

I finally got Meryl. It looks really nothing like Meryl to be honest. Her face is too pretty and me and my gf agree her tits are still too big. I don't like her tan colored MGS4 style equipment either.

she doesnt look like 1 or 4. its definitely an inspired look from the art. i like her a lot but not accurate. oh well.............

she doesnt look like 1 or 4. its definitely an inspired look from the art. i like her a lot but not accurate. oh well.............

Also I've had it with PAK and their rubber belts. They always are bent out of wack when they come out of the package. I guess I might need to blowdry it.

Also gf is getting me Millr from that seller you suggested. I'm probably getting PAK figures for our anniversary lol I know one of them is Armored Batman.

nice dude! i was gonna get a pak bat but i only want one. when they come out with an original ill get it. and yeah i hear ya on the rubber belts. the packs are held in by pegs that come apart too. my meryl, the peg for the holster was half ripped right in the box. i never clip the gun down anyway. these are really cool figures but i guess these poor qc issues will just be something we have to deal with. its good though the only thing we usually need is super glue. i envy that you found someone who doesnt think your hobby is stupid. most women hate it when guys have toys.

nice dude! i was gonna get a pak bat but i only want one. when they come out with an original ill get it. and yeah i hear ya on the rubber belts. the packs are held in by pegs that come apart too. my meryl, the peg for the holster was half ripped right in the box. i never clip the gun down anyway. these are really cool figures but i guess these poor qc issues will just be something we have to deal with. its good though the only thing we usually need is super glue. i envy that you found someone who doesnt think your hobby is stupid. most women hate it when guys have toys.

She doesn't hate it really and sort of wants to start her own horror figure collection, she's a very big Nightmare on Elm Street fan (me too).

Her only issue is that I have almost next to no room for the line of stuff I'm getting in say the next 8 months, namely the 1989 Batmobile :slap

Some of my figures she likes, but she can't stand the Samurai Predator I just got lol. She really likes the Michael Keaton Batman and Joker though, since she's a huge Tim Burton fan.

She's looking forward to the DX10 T-800 coming in the mail sometime next month.

i wanted that batmobile so bad. id get that before any of the figs. it stands out on its own just like rex. if you had either the batmobile or rex (only) anyone who walked into the room would immediately check it out. thats cool dude. if my girlfriend got a collection of that stuff i would look at it all the time and buy stuff for her/it. if she gets anything cool id like to see it. :clap

i wanted that batmobile so bad. id get that before any of the figs. it stands out on its own just like rex. if you had either the batmobile or rex (only) anyone who walked into the room would immediately check it out. thats cool dude. if my girlfriend got a collection of that stuff i would look at it all the time and buy stuff for her/it. if she gets anything cool id like to see it. :clap

I'm probably going to buy a lot of Nightmare related stuff, like the Neca figures. I would get her the Premium Format if I could but I don't have the cash for it.

The Batmobile is definitely on par or better than REX. I think it's a point or two higher in terms of epicness.

Back