Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
549694_248604085259943_675236972_n.jpg

QUOTE]

I give you... Metal Gear SPINACH!!!

spinach.jpg

Looking at the 3A rex im really glad koto is making a clean classic mgs style rex. Does anyone know if it will come painted? The recent pictures have it painted with bunch of mini figures and hanger base. That is my dream rex set up albeit really small.

Looking at the 3A rex im really glad koto is making a clean classic mgs style rex. Does anyone know if it will come painted? The recent pictures have it painted with bunch of mini figures and hanger base. That is my dream rex set up albeit really small.

Honestly don't know, the original photos it was just a complete white. I can definitely see them making it painted, but I guarantee you that the mini figs will require painting. That's just how Bandai does their mastergrade Gundam kits.

Really I just can't wait to actually get my hands on this thing. I wanna know if it feels cheap or is as solid as it looks. I'm a huge fan of lighting in figures but I'm not big on the blue LED. incandecents or somet other light source that is less glowing looking would have better IMO

REX turned out really nice. Those of you who ordered from Bamba better post up your pics and impressions once you get it in hand :nana:. I'm guessing that the regular production version should ship from Sideshow and other retailers in September or October.

@Canuck: The lighting doesn't look too bad from the photos. My only concerning really, is the longevity of the LEDs; how quick they'll burn out, and if whether it'll be a hassle to replace them. I plan on display REX with the lights off, anyway.

I plan on display REX with the lights off, anyway.

:exactly:

I had no plan on prolonged use anyway. I have a few electronic 1/6 figs that I never turn on.

EDIT: Kojima tweeted saying that was the "final version."

I'm going to puke... that green is TERRIBLE!

REX is gray and charcoal what the **** ASHY WUUD!?

Metal_Gear_Rex.jpg

Last edited:
REX turned out really nice. Those of you who ordered from Bamba better post up your pics and impressions once you get it in hand :nana:. I'm guessing that the regular production version should ship from Sideshow and other retailers in September or October.

@Canuck: The lighting doesn't look too bad from the photos. My only concerning really, is the longevity of the LEDs; how quick they'll burn out, and if whether it'll be a hassle to replace them. I plan on display REX with the lights off, anyway.

I like the cockpit lighting a lot; looks like the displays inside Are on, but the "headlights", if you think about it, should produce more of a beam than a glow no? And I agree on the longevity thing. When I had the phazon samus statue I displayed it with lights off to save batteries and guarantee the life of the lights. Defeats the purpose of having lights I guess... In a statue wouldn't it make sense to have it plug in? In the case of Rex though it's poseable so I guess batteries is the natural choice.

:exactly:

I had no plan on prolonged use anyway. I have a few electronic 1/6 figs that I never turn on.

EDIT: Kojima tweeted saying that was the "final version."

I'm going to puke... that green is TERRIBLE!

REX is gray and charcoal what the **** ASHY WUUD!?

Fudgee... I hope not. You're right, the way that it is right now - REX looks like a bowl of cream spinach.

I like the cockpit lighting a lot; looks like the displays inside Are on, but the "headlights", if you think about it, should produce more of a beam than a glow no? And I agree on the longevity thing. When I had the phazon samus statue I displayed it with lights off to save batteries and guarantee the life of the lights. Defeats the purpose of having lights I guess... In a statue wouldn't it make sense to have it plug in? In the case of Rex though it's poseable so I guess batteries is the natural choice.

That's true. But, in order to create a "beam" of a high enough intensity, they'd probably have to increase the number of LEDs - and given the small surface areas of the lighted parts, I'm guessing that just didn't have enough space to work with, to add on the extra LEDs.

Of course, that's just my guess :lol.

Fudgee... I hope not. You're right, the way that it is right now - REX looks like a bowl of cream spinach.

It's been in production for months and will probably be shipping in the next few weeks, this is what were getting folks. Their not going to slam on the brakes now. This had to get approved by Kojima and Shinkawa, what in the **** were they thinking...

I have never known what color REX really was, so it doesnt bug me (as it's always alittle
dark in both mgs & mgs4). @ least they nailed how it looks. Unlike how HT banged up
The Boss - now that's shameful to both KJ production and HT

Last edited:
Could just be the lighting we'll all have to wait and see the final product. I wonder if there will be an artistic paint job version, like the display years ago that was rust colored, or cell shaded, or something cool like that.

Hmm... I love it and don't mind the color but I thought it would be a little bigger. Maybe about 10-20% bigger. Standing next to Fox it looks smaller than I thought it would.

Anyway it looks great! We'll finally have a Rex!

Hmm... I love it and don't mind the color but I thought it would be a little bigger. Maybe about 10-20% bigger. Standing next to Fox it looks smaller than I thought it would.

Anyway it looks great! We'll finally have a Rex!

REX is by no means a small piece. It's 42 cm (16.5 inches) from the middle of the radome, and it also has some massive dimensions in depth and width. From the photos, the Gray Fox figure looks it like can barely cover even half of the length of REX's legs.

It's a huge figure as is. If it were any bigger, we'd be getting in the realm of ridiculousness - can you just imagine the size of the rail gun, if REX were 20% larger than it actually is? Personally, I wouldn't even have the space to display something as large as that :monkey1 :lol.

rex4.jpg

549694_248604085259943_675236972_n.jpg

calhobbs24: do you have the Play Arts Fox? I think he's bigger than most people might expect. Almost approaching 1/6 scale.

calhobbs24: do you have the Play Arts Fox? I think he's bigger than most people might expect. Almost approaching 1/6 scale.

It's about a inch shorter than the rest of my 1/6s.

People over on the 3A boards keep saying the color problem is camera saturation and have no idea what their talking about. Their comparing it to the Jehuty in the photos and how it looks purple. Their comparing it to the kotobikuya Jehuty and it's the ****ing revoltech version. I own both, compare for yourselves since it looks exactly the same color in the photo as it does for me in person.

The Jehuty in question is 2nd from the left, not the first one the right which is the kotobikuya.

cIzZl.jpg

023wb.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, I have it in front of me.
I think what's throwing it off for me is the pose, lowered head and spread legs. Comparing it to the unpainted proto pic in Solidus' post it stands a bit taller.
Anyway for some reason I pictured the overall mass to be closer to the HT Tumbler which is huge and I don't get that feeling with Rex. Don't know why I thought that but I did.:dunno
Maybe it was the price point of almost $500 that made me think that but whatever it was my initial impression when I saw it next to Ninja made me think "Hmm...smaller than I thought it would be."

Yea, I have it in front of me.
I think what's throwing it off for me is the pose, lowered head and spread legs. Comparing it to the unpainted proto pic in Solidus' post it stands a bit taller.
Anyway for some reason I pictured the overall mass to be closer to the HT Tumbler which is huge and I don't get that feeling with Rex. Don't know why I thought that but I did.:dunno
Maybe it was the price point of almost $500 that made me think that but whatever it was my initial impression when I saw it next to Ninja made me think "Hmm...smaller than I thought it would be."

a couple of fotos to put ur mind at rest ,hope ur comfortable with the size of this now at least lol
400211_10150510729667752_836212751_8550472_997960330_n.jpg

aa.jpg

a couple of fotos to put ur mind at rest ,hope ur comfortable with the size of this now at least lol

I'm comfortable with the size, it's not that. If anything initially I thought I wouldn't have room for it or at least have to rearrange significantly to make room. It's just relative to the Fox figure it looked smaller than I thought it would, that's all. My observation I think came off as a criticism when it wasn't really, more of a surprise based on my initial perception.

You know what I just realized? Shinkawa is a really short dude! Based on Rex's height he looks to be around 5 feet tall. Can anyone who's ever met him confirm that?

man thats always the same when they post pictures. Those fellows in asia are in common smaller then caucasian ppl. The other thing is relations in a picutre when they use wideangle. Even if just hold it in front of your belly it will look like big as. And even more if the dude is large like mugsy bouges...

so far

Back