Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amiami.com has the best prices if you want it asap. Make sure you ship with registered SAL! I can't stress this enough cause with EMS you ave a high chance of getting hit by customs like i just did! :mad::mad::mad:
Mate thanks for the help. What's SAL? As quick as or quicker than EMS?

kyekye is da man. You should check out other stuff he has done if you haven't already.

Just got the word. My local toy shop has put my name on a Rex. Can't wait til September!!!
11122-mgs4-02_super.jpg

Congrats bro! :hi5: So, did you use your $300 credit?

Not yet. They're ordering a whole bunch but are putting one aside for me. No deposit required they said I can cancel if I need to; they said the MGS merch always sells out quickly haha. Best part is they purchase toys (reason I have a credit in the first place) and I have three more boxes of stuff to take in. By the end of this I'm hoping to have a Rex for free :D

Not yet. They're ordering a whole bunch but are putting one aside for me. No deposit required they said I can cancel if I need to; they said the MGS merch always sells out quickly haha. Best part is they purchase toys (reason I have a credit in the first place) and I have three more boxes of stuff to take in. By the end of this I'm hoping to have a Rex for free :D

Woah, getting a free REX would be incredible! :monkey1

Your comic book place does sound much nicer than the ones around New York City. I shop regularly at both Jim Hanley's Universe and Midtown Comics, but they don't give credit, and they just out-right refuse to pre-order stuff upon request :slap.

Woah, getting a free REX would be incredible! :monkey1

Your comic book place does sound much nicer than the ones around New York City. I shop regularly at both Jim Hanley's Universe and Midtown Comics, but they don't give credit, and they just out-right refuse to pre-order stuff upon request :slap.

Well I originally called in an LCS for the sake of convenient, but it's really more of a toy and collectible store (although they do sell some comics). Toy Traders in Langley BC (Canada). They're rad! Biggest selection of adult collectibles I've ever seen. Domestic mostly, with the occasional pre-owned import, but overall super friendly and very helpful.

Mate thanks for the help. What's SAL? As quick as or quicker than EMS?

It says o the site that Registered SAL takes 2 week, but it took just 5 days for Grey Fox to get to me. It also says EMS takes a week but i got it in 3 days, so i would have gotten Snake on monday if not for customs.

So, who wants an MGS signature? :D

Let me know. I've just downloaded Photoshop today and I'm a complete noob. But I think I'm getting the hang of using it.

^Do you know what I noticed? Solid Snake is really light on the accessories. The McFarlane figure from years ago came with a gas mask, night-vision goggles, c4, an RPG launcher, a Stinger, etc. It's too bad that Play Arts skimped out of them.

^Do you know what I noticed? Solid Snake is really light on the accessories. The McFarlane figure from years ago came with a gas mask, night-vision goggles, c4, an RPG launcher, a Stinger, etc. It's too bad that Play Arts skimped out of them.

All the playarts figures released are really light on the accesories category.. and even some of them which were already designed end up being removed from the final product.( like Gray Fox open helmet) :slap

Not only that..Unlike the 1/6 scale figures, the problem with the playarts is that "weird" scale,( 8" 9" 10" not sure.. ¿¿??) because is very dificult to find and buy extra accesories that fit with that scale properly :gah:

Last edited:
Here's my WIP Grayfox from MGS1.

When I saw the new metal boss fig with the armor i immediately thought about converting it into a gray fox.

It isn't 100% accurate I know but at leat i have a 12" articulated Gray Fox.

Here's some first pics

P1020199.jpg

P1020204.jpg

P1020203.jpg

All the playarts figures released are really light on the accesories category.. and even some of them which were already designed end up being removed from the final product.( like Gray Fox open helmet) :slap

Not only that..Unlike the 1/6 scale figures, the problem with the playarts is that "weird" scale,( 8" 9" 10" not sure.. ¿¿??) because is very dificult to find and buy extra accesories that fit with that scale properly :gah:

The scale of Play Arts figures are pretty inconsistent too. I caved in and decided to pre-order Solid Snake and Gray Fox. But, there's no way that I'd be able to pose them with my Peace Walker Big Boss figure, since he's much shorter than both of them. Maybe they'll be good companions for my RAH Medicom Snake figure :monkey1...

At the end of the day, it's really the little things that prevent Play Arts from ever truly reaching the quality standard of "high-end collectibles".

Here's my WIP Grayfox from MGS1.

When I saw the new metal boss fig with the armor i immediately thought about converting it into a gray fox.

It isn't 100% accurate I know but at leat i have a 12" articulated Gray Fox.

Here's some first pics

That's Amazing elvis! :monkey1

It's always great to see your customs. Fantastic job, yet again!

Back