Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@

cheers for the pics Valvo, looks good. Just got GreyFox today and it looks better in-hand hoping its the same with Snake

Yeah dude! Gray fox is even better in hand, and judging by the pics, Solid Snake should be awesome in hand aswell..
:panic::panic: I'm looking forward Solid snake arrives ..:panic::panic:

It's kind of a bummer that the Peacewalker figures are so small next the the new ones. Still looking forward to getting Snake and Grey Fox regardless.

Im hoping that the MGS2 figures (and maybe MGS4) fit in with these guys.

Ill post up BB Snake and Fox as soon as Snake comes through

For those who missed it,

373039_368931716463402_1639800910_n.jpg

https://www.americanart.si.edu/calendar/lectures/archive/2012/gamefest/kojima/
Interview with HIDEO KOJIMA recorded live at the Smithsonian Institution:

"Hideo Kojima is considered one of the most important and innovative video game designers of his generation. Best known for the Metal Gear series, published by Konami, Kojima introduced a new cinematic style of video game that blended narrative, character development, and artful graphics. Join us for a fascinating conversation with a video game design master and The Art of Video Games curator, Chris Melissinos."

He talks a lot about his game design philosophy, what brought him into games, games that influenced him (including Mario), his own personal views about his projects, amazing insight into Metal Gear Solid, Policenauts, and others.

Still up for viewing, check it out!

Last edited:
So the unmasked gray fox's head didnt come with Snake..?

Have to see whether it'll come with Meryl, or Otacon (if they decide to make him) ~ lol

Edit: looking forward to see the completion of the head, Kyekye. It already looks awesome

Do you guys think that will play-arts make a Metal Gear Rex figure? Since they now already made Snake and Grey Fox...

Last time for the MGS Peace Walker, they had produced many of the machine from this series too.

Do you guys think that will play-arts make a Metal Gear Rex figure? Since they now already made Snake and Grey Fox...

Last time for the MGS Peace Walker, they had produced many of the machine from this series too.

Yeah, I'd say that there's a good chance that they'd do both REX and RAY.

^ yeah they have it in stock. Annoyingly we don't get it in europe till end of April so i got mine from amiami

Since they didn't deliver the Alt. head I was wishing...
I'm making one myself!
6845945658_4c8b02232e_z.jpg

Amazing kyekye. Could i request an MGS1 head sculpt in the style of the low-polygon model from the original?

6877-468x-Metal%20Gear%20Solid%20-%20Snake%20and%20Meryl.JPG

The place I was going to get them from won't have them until May/June, so I think the Square Enix shop will be the way to go.

I'm looking to get both Snake and grey fox now but I live in the UK, where would be the best place to go? Thanks a lot anyone for any help.

ThreeA or FAIL :lecture
:goodpost::exactly: ThreeA is the only way to go (Literally, for now)

Would you guys grab another one if they make a smaller version for
Rex like their 1/12 scale figures (so 1/24? Or smaller)?

Gray fox is already in store but i dont have enough more to pay for
it bcoz of Rex :gah:

ThreeA or FAIL :lecture

Pretty much. Unless you really like the scale, it's better to pass on the Play Arts machine figures all-together. They're pretty expensive at $60 to $120 a pop, depending on where you buy them from. In addition, if you buy just three of them, the combined total can be over 1/3 of the cost that you'd pay for the ThreeA REX.

I think I've gotten to the point where I don't need an assortment of mass-manufactured figures to represent my love for Metal Gear Solid. Just several high-end collectibles will do. So, for me, the Play Arts figures, in general, are a pass.

:goodpost::exactly: ThreeA is the only way to go (Literally, for now)

Would you guys grab another one if they make a smaller version for
Rex like their 1/12 scale figures (so 1/24? Or smaller)?

Gray fox is already in store but i dont have enough more to pay for
it bcoz of Rex :gah:

Yeah, I'm also pretty low right now because of REX :lol But, just to note, the ThreeA REX is 1/24 scale. If Play Arts also decides to make REX, it would be much, much smaller. Perhaps around 1/72 scale.

Judging from the previous releases of the Peace Walker figures, I'd say that Gray Fox should be around for a while. The Play Arts Kai stuff is mass manufactured by the thousands upon thousands. No use in hurrying, in my opinion.

Back