Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what i've heard they are just straight up re-releases. The figures and boxes are exactly the same.

Takes the piss really that its the same figure. Puts me off it a bit really. I would have been so pissed if I paid $$$$$ for the zombie snake before these were announced.

There used to be quite a few on Yahoo! Auction Japan that were going for around £500 or so. Doubt they will now.

Any one know how much the MGS3 Croc-head Snake goes for these days? Got one I'm thinking of selling but no clue on the Bay prices.

It's boxed w/all accessories but has been (briefly) displayed in no-pet/smoke/kiddie environment.

Thanks in advance my freakish friends... :)

You'd think Medicom would think to at the very least redesign the box, or just put a new edition on the box somewhere. Kind of takes the exclusivity out of owning the originals.

Any one know how much the MGS3 Croc-head Snake goes for these days? Got one I'm thinking of selling but no clue on the Bay prices.
They had a few go for $400+ on eBay recently, but maybe they were aberrations. I've got mine listed for around what I paid for it (sub-$300), and no one has expressed interest yet. But if it isn't worth that much now, with the new game out, I don't think it is going to go up in price anytime soon.

They are just straight up rereleases it would appear.

Cannot believe they are using identical boxes. Medicon.

Takes the piss really that its the same figure. Puts me off it a bit really. I would have been so pissed if I paid $$$$$ for the zombie snake before these were announced.

There used to be quite a few on Yahoo! Auction Japan that were going for around £500 or so. Doubt they will now.

You'd think Medicom would think to at the very least redesign the box, or just put a new edition on the box somewhere. Kind of takes the exclusivity out of owning the originals.

I believe that Medicom screwed collectors in the end with these re-releases. I mean, it's nice that more people will have the opportunity to purchase the original RAH figures, but at the same time, it takes away the exclusivity, and prestige of owning one of these figures. I doubt that "Tiger Stripe Snake" would even be considered as a prized collectible anymore (let alone a "grail" figure).

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys :)

I agree it's a bad move on Medicom's part to re-release the old figures. Grat for those that missed out, but they should really know better than to hurt their core fans.

This is my current MGS display on the shelf above the TV as i am in a Big Boss mode right now.Tiger Stripe was packed away for a while but now that im close to finish the first PSP game and then start on Peace Walker i was in the mood for a Big Boss Display.

Got Cold War Snake yesterday and the Croc Cap snake Head and the Woodland Camo outfit today.Cold War Snake is alot better than people give it credit for,trust me.

Last edited:
Funny, I don't remember reading a single negative review of "Cold War" Snake, but just looking at how tan he is, I can't imagine how that looks good in person. But then, I've never seen him in person.

Also, I know that Croc Cap Snake looks like he's albino in-hand, with no color whatsoever. That's probably throwing things off a bit.

BTW, that head looks great on the zombie camo suit.

Would say approx £225-£250 Kris.

Doesn't appear, (as of yet), it is getting a re-release, so therefore it is now the rarest.
I've actually been trying to sell mine for around $250 for a few weeks now, with no real interest. So, despite the re-releases, this guy actually seems less popular than ever. I bought him only a few months ago for nearly $300 shipped. Damn if I understand it.

I've actually been trying to sell mine for around $250 for a few weeks now, with no real interest. So, despite the re-releases, this guy actually seems less popular than ever. I bought him only a few months ago for nearly $300 shipped. Damn if I understand it.

I'd say that the value for your Croc Cap Snake is still there. It's just that sales on Ebay have slowed to a crawl for much of this year. I had no problems whatsoever selling off much of my sealed Transformers last year, but this year, I haven't been able to sell practically anything on Ebay.

I'm sure that the slowing economy, record unemployment, and people receiving less tax returns have something to do with it :dunno.

I think you are right that that is definitely a factor. However, the interest is there for some folks to pay $150+ for the re-releases. I thought this would bolster a bit of interest in the rarer figure with the wacky extra accessory (I don't think the others got the machine gun, either. . .). Maybe the figure just isn't that desirable anymore. Eh, who knows. A couple Croc Caps did sell for over $400 a few weeks ago, but they must have been isolated cases or shill bids.

Right before these re-releases were announced I was about to pull the trigger on crop cap for $350+. But for the same price I could get two different Snakes. I love MGS but I couldn't justify that much money on one figure but honestly, after I get squares and stripe camo in, I'll probably want croc cap too .

Back