Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are right that that is definitely a factor. However, the interest is there for some folks to pay $150+ for the re-releases. I thought this would bolster a bit of interest in the rarer figure with the wacky extra accessory (I don't think the others got the machine gun, either. . .). Maybe the figure just isn't that desirable anymore. Eh, who knows. A couple Croc Caps did sell for over $400 a few weeks ago, but they must have been isolated cases or shill bids.

Yeah, it's possible that the re-releases might have some effect on the sales of the Croc Cap figure. But, in any case, don't give up! If you're not in a hurry, just be patient and I'm sure that you'll get the figure sold. I've been thinking about trying Craig's list, to see if I'll have a better experience there. I'm so tired of paying all of those danged Ebay listing fees for my unsold merchandise.

that magic tan almost makes him look like a fake.

I saw the Cold War Snake figure at my local comic book store (Midtown Comics in Times Square), and I wasn't very impressed with the paint-job on the face. While the tan isn't as dark as it looks on photo, Medicom didn't do a good job in evening out the color. Around Snake's eye lids have noticeably less color than the rest of the face. In fact, it looks like an ACTUAL TAN :lol - as if Snake went to a tanning salon, and wore aviator sunglasses, which left around his eyes completely white, while the rest of his face is dark.

I know that this figure has its enthusiasts, but I'm definitely not one of them.

the only thing i really like about the croc cap version is the eye patch headsculpt. Im still debating on if I should go ahead and pick up the Tiger Stripes Snake, already have the Zombie snake for awhile...would be nice to have Tiger as well.

After watching Ray's video review of his 2nd issue Zombie Snake, I noticed that the paint apps are not exactly identical.
I have the first release and Snake is looking to his left while with the new version he's looking straight forward. Slight difference but it's there.

After watching Ray's video review of his 2nd issue Zombie Snake, I noticed that the paint apps are not exactly identical.
I have the first release and Snake is looking to his left while with the new version he's looking straight forward. Slight difference but it's there.

I really don't know what you mean. I have the orginal release and he's looking straight on too.

Yeah, it's possible that the re-releases might have some effect on the sales of the Croc Cap figure. But, in any case, don't give up! If you're not in a hurry, just be patient and I'm sure that you'll get the figure sold. I've been thinking about trying Craig's list, to see if I'll have a better experience there. I'm so tired of paying all of those danged Ebay listing fees for my unsold merchandise.
Yeah, I'm not gonna take less than what I'm currently listing him for. Even though I don't focus on the Medicom figures much, I would rather just keep him than take a $100 loss or so on what I paid. I'll just hold out, and hope the market for this guy turns around.

I see what you mean, however mine is looking straight on so I don't know how anyone could tell the difference between the two when your buying them.

Mine has eyes straight on like SolidSnake's. It's the original exclusive with the sticker on the box. Something intersting I didn't know about this figure.

Got these two guys today, and needless to say, they're amazing! I came so close (several times) to buying these, when they were going for $400+ each. Luckily, I held off and when I heard Medicom were re-making them, I was beyond happy. Anyway, these figures are awesome and I'm happy to finally have them in the collection. (Yes, some pics turned out ____, but dammit, it's the best I can do with this camera).

Picture652-1.jpg

Picture653-1.jpg

Picture654-1.jpg

Picture655-1.jpg

Picture656-1.jpg

Picture657-1.jpg

Picture658-1.jpg

Picture659-1.jpg

Picture660-1.jpg

Picture661-1.jpg

I've had the Old Snake figure for about two years now, and was planning on selling it. After a while, I just forgot about it and left it in storage for about a year, so I decided to open it up and display it with these two figures. If you're wondering why I stored it away, it's because the figure kinda sucks (in all honesty :lol). Once I opened it, I noticed that it stunk and that there was a tear on his elbow.

Picture671.jpg

No, this wasn't there before I stored it. But anyway, here's a group shot.

Picture672.jpg

Congrats on the 2 Snakes,even if i had Tiger Stripe allready i had to get an extra one.That weak suit on Old Snake is a common problem,which is why i have never bended any arms or legs on my olive Drab Snake after my Grey Suit Old Snake fell apart like that.Raiden's suit is even worse,it cracks open by just looking at it.

Back