Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About time, the only one that is missing in my MGS collection is the Tiger Stripe Snake. Glad that the paint tone looks the same and they did not give the tan look like he just came from the beach like the Cold War Snake.

Hey guys, I just wanted to share my LBC of old Naked Snake himself BIG BOSS. I wanted to make a realistic version of him and since Sean Connery was the original inspiration for him I figured he'd work. I even included a picture of his old codec sprite. Also it's for sale in the commerce section. Thanks! :wave

bigboss.jpg

Omg! thats awesome dude i've always wanted to make my own custom old Big Boss but never got around to it.

You should give him hair though and he'll be spot on.

the original boxes were so excellent, you can't blame them for recycling. is there any difference though? for example with the commemorative transformers hasbro released a few years back they had different branding etc. on the box.

Medicom sure did drag their feet with these. I wonder why? Maybe they were improving the bodies or something. I hope so, for collectors' sakes.

Maybe they were just waiting until closer to the release of the new game. :dunno

~~I'm going to ask the GF to track one of the Tiger Stripes down for me for Xmas. I also always wanted the Zombie faced Snake too.

I got really tired of waiting for Medicom to release these guys. I'd like to cancel them with Alter Ego, but I don't want to pay the restocking fee. What to do?

well, does that mean you dont want t he figure in the long run? I figure with certain figures its best to wait on the pre order because they will be around for a while.

Which sucks when your pre order from alter ego, but its better to pay the 10% restocking fee instead of 160 for a figure you dont want. I still want this figure, but yeah, waiting just sucks.

I ordered a medicom snake from Bigbadtoystore.... ages ago... anyone know whats happening? :/

Guys!!!!!!:horror

I just found out about something too freakin awesome to be true!!!!

In less than two days' time, on June 8th at 10 am, Yoji Shinkawa will be presenting his works in Paris and to celebrate his first exhibition ever, 4 ultra limited lithographs will be available for sale in very few "Fnac" stores (our French equivalent for Virgin megastore, HMV, etc.)

Not to mention that each lithograph will be framed and signed by both master director Hideo Kojima and the one and only Yoji Shinkawa!! With a certificate of authenticity including a biography of both.

I'm so freakin pumped about this!!

There's one bummer though, I checked their website to see if it said anything about these and I found out that the preorders had already sold out! My sphincter felt like a cigar cutter when I learned about this!! :horror

Here's what the artworks look like
mgslithographs.jpg

9004.jpg

9005.jpg

9007.jpg

9006.jpg

I’ll probably have to spend hours waiting in front of the store as these will sell like hot cakes and will soon be impossible to find.
I'll do my best to grab at least one! :rock:rock:rock

The MGS1 version looks brilliant. They all do in fact but that's the one I like the most. Hope you get one, mate! Are there only 4 in total or are there multiples of the 4 designs?

4 of these in total is rare enough but signed as well :horror

The MGS1 version looks brilliant. They all do in fact but that's the one I like the most. Hope you get one, mate! Are there only 4 in total or are there multiples of the 4 designs?

4 of these in total is rare enough but signed as well :horror

Thanks, man. There'll be 99 pieces of each artwork so that makes a total of 396. But that's for the whole country and not just Paris so it's going to be tough grabbing those:(

Back