Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I meet a fellow Metal Gear fan (I've met a lot), MGS3 is either their favorite in the series or it's right behind MGS1.

MGS3 is easily my favorite. MGS1 is also pretty great. I for one will never be able to understand the people who love MGS2. To me and pretty much everyone I know who played it at the time it was released it is definitely the worst in the series.

MGS3 is easily my favorite. MGS1 is also pretty great. I for one will never be able to understand the people who love MGS2. To me and pretty much everyone I know who played it at the time it was released it is definitely the worst in the series.

Im not sure if this is true or not but Ive heard MGS2 was the best selling game in the series. Its crazy to think as I too think MGS2 was the worst in the series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it took me two times and by gosh THAT GAME IS SOOO RELEVANT TODAY! kojima was talking about memes before i knew what it was, proxy, internet wars. mgs4 got pmc right, we are all leading into a world full of pmc...

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand MGS2.

14825640.jpg

It's true, ask most MGS fans and MGS3 will most likely be their favorite. For me though, it was always MGS2 even when the game came out and fans were throwing a hissy fit. It's not supposed to be a crowd pleasing game, it deliberately mocks and berates the player in order to give way to a bigger message. MGS1 and 3 are cool, but MGS2 was daring, subversive and even prophetic.

Because I'm a moron who can't articulate on why the game is so good, this video does a splendid job:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand MGS2.

:mwaha

MGS2 is my favorite in the series but this is a ludicrous statement. It takes zero intelligence to understand a game that has multiple lengthy cutscenes redundantly explaining it's every concept.

MGS2 is my favorite in the series but this is a ludicrous statement. It takes zero intelligence to understand a game that has multiple lengthy cutscenes redundantly explaining it's every concept.

I remember many many people not understanding this game. It was abit like Inception.

Every time I meet a fellow Metal Gear fan (I've met a lot), MGS3 is either their favorite in the series or it's right behind MGS1.

I?ve noticed it?s the most popular among most Americans, from my experience. Everyone else it?s either MGS1,2 or 4 but mostly 2. It is the highest selling game

MG3 ain't exactly the most popular in the series, the Medicom ones somehow sold well even though they just did Snake. I say MGS1, 4, 2, were the popular ones. 4 did not have many worthy characters so they only did snake & raiden, both sold well, but 4 was the latest game that time, so Konami probably only wanted figures from the game to be made. Konami did a few 1/6 figures for MGS1 back when MGS1 was new but they probably did not sell well so they didn't do any for MGS2 (back then 1/6 figure was still pretty dolly). I believe the suit for Medicom Raiden was extremely difficult and costly to make, so i doubt anyone would do MGS1 & 2 in 1/6 scale. And because MGS3 figures tanked, we did not see any official 1/6 from V & Phantom Pain. I mean there are square enix figures they are expensive but not as expensive as 1/6.

still, can't believe no one is doing MGS1/2 figures.

I think the lack of 1/6 is more on Konami. They are the ones not handing out license to manufacturers. I?ve also heard they charge a lot for their licenses. On top of that it?s the IP owner typically who choose what character is made.

Konami absolutely only make figures to sell the game. Lately all they?ve approved are statues and smaller Merch. You can see this ever since Kojima left.

I highly highly doubt it?s because there wasn?t enough interest when there clearly is. Almost all Merch sells out, particularly the classic characters. Figma series, play arts series etc

I just wish they were more accurate solidus snake figures. my biggest intro to false toy collecting advertising was when McFarlane Toys advertised Solidus WITHOUT the eye patch, even the card art had it with out the eye patch and the final release had the sculpt with the EYE PATCH. along with raiden this was another complaint back in those days, but i mean granted at the end of the day Back then toy collecting was simpler but i feel that i never got closure from ever getting an accurate solidus snake fig...

rumor has it that they did release two versions of Solidus, one with it and one without it but damn I remember when they released these on KB toys I was the first to grab the whole wave for a cool 210 dollars hahaha.

Screw it I?m going to sell my Boss figure on evil bay, i love her soooo much but this rubber degradation left a bad taste in my mouth... hahaha

Yeah, I agree. It?s not hard to understand. It?s a great game, it?s just compared to the others in the series I didn?t like it as much.

I was like 15/16 spanish was my first language learning english, some of the concepts in mgs2 took me a while to grasp IMHO haha but then again I don?t know how old the rest of you guys are haha

I think Sachiel was quoting the famous "To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty" copypasta. :lol

the gameplay was pretty fluid especially the 3rd person to 1st person i think it was an innovation for it's genre. I played MGS1 many times before 2 and 2 was gave players much more control. Big Boss is just a Solid Snake wanabe (yea Solid Snake suppose to be Big Boss clone) and never appealed me. i prefer the industry complex settings over jungle warfare.

It's true, ask most MGS fans and MGS3 will most likely be their favorite. For me though, it was always MGS2 even when the game came out and fans were throwing a hissy fit. It's not supposed to be a crowd pleasing game, it deliberately mocks and berates the player in order to give way to a bigger message. MGS1 and 3 are cool, but MGS2 was daring, subversive and even prophetic.

Because I'm a moron who can't articulate on why the game is so good, this video does a splendid job:

Raiden is a cool character, unlike other characters in video game history, the guy had a really bad past but decides to accept what he is and just ignores the past so they don't bother him and just focus on the job but just recalls them casually when people asked about it. I trust Raiden more than Solid. Solid cares too much about his past.

I just wish they were more accurate solidus snake figures. my biggest intro to false toy collecting advertising was when McFarlane Toys advertised Solidus WITHOUT the eye patch, even the card art had it with out the eye patch and the final release had the sculpt with the EYE PATCH. along with raiden this was another complaint back in those days, but i mean granted at the end of the day Back then toy collecting was simpler but i feel that i never got closure from ever getting an accurate solidus snake fig...

rumor has it that they did release two versions of Solidus, one with it and one without it but damn I remember when they released these on KB toys I was the first to grab the whole wave for a cool 210 dollars hahaha.

Screw it I?m going to sell my Boss figure on evil bay, i love her soooo much but this rubber degradation left a bad taste in my mouth... hahaha

was Solidus wearing a patch or not in game? i still like McFarlane Solidus but only managed to get solid snake...

I remember many many people not understanding this game. It was abit like Inception.

I?ve noticed it?s the most popular among most Americans, from my experience. Everyone else it?s either MGS1,2 or 4 but mostly 2. It is the highest selling game

I think the lack of 1/6 is more on Konami. They are the ones not handing out license to manufacturers. I?ve also heard they charge a lot for their licenses. On top of that it?s the IP owner typically who choose what character is made.

Konami absolutely only make figures to sell the game. Lately all they?ve approved are statues and smaller Merch. You can see this ever since Kojima left.

I highly highly doubt it?s because there wasn?t enough interest when there clearly is. Almost all Merch sells out, particularly the classic characters. Figma series, play arts series etc

but at least because of that we got Limtoys Venom Snake.

i guess americans like MGS3 more because it is about Americans winning the cold war. Russians probably hated it. The rest of the world probably didn't care. I did not play V because i heard it's more open world instead of classic 1-4+ground zero. Peace walker was fun as a passtime VR like game smoking the APC and knocking everyone out when they come out was fun. But as a main game i prefer it to be more linear.

was Solidus wearing a patch or not in game? i still like McFarlane Solidus but only managed to get solid snake...

He wears the eye patch after the bridge fight on the phantom 4e injury lolol.

7e560e5ca6c559c9d2f81833e9276b5e.jpg

b06922fd29a81d7d31d6bd8dc6459f8c.jpg

[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

He wears the eye patch after the bridge fight on the phantom 4e injury lolol.

7e560e5ca6c559c9d2f81833e9276b5e.jpg

b06922fd29a81d7d31d6bd8dc6459f8c.jpg

[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

but he doesn't wear his battle suit prior the final battle right? so means the eyepatch is accurate?

Back