Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's true I'm definitely picking both of them up again even though I have a couple of each anyways. We all know that they will sell out mega quickly.

Also, I think the only reason why that they are reissuing both of these is because it will make the other leftovers of the other characters sell better.

I also think the reissue point is moot because they've been reissuing the Peace Walker figures for forever now.

Probably yeah, that was a reason I was going to skip out on Liquid and Meryl but then I bought Solid Snake off a guy here.

I passed on Grey Fox in favor for the Classic Predator back in 2012, and could never find one at a decent price since then. Seems legit since it's a reputable site, I'll wait for their response though.

If turns out to be true, I'll get Meryl as well since my original plan was to collect MGS1 and 2 figures. I don't fancy those PW Mechs or the MGSV lineup for some reason. :dunno

Hey Ryan that's the very same plan I had lol! Thanks a lot for the news btw, I hope turns out true and we can get sum Cyborg/Meryl goodness :)

Saw a couple of people complaining about Raiden proportions, I too was very annoyed..... So I did some repair work.
This fix sacrifices the butterfly joint but makes raidens shoulders more form fitting and accurate, also drilled the ball socket for the head out a bit to shorten the neck
Apologies for the ****** pics, no camera atm

View attachment 121799
View attachment 121800
View attachment 121801
View attachment 121802

Amazing job there, you should definetly make a tutorial video ! :O

Hey Ryan that's the very same plan I had lol! Thanks a lot for the news btw, I hope turns out true and we can get sum Cyborg/Meryl goodness :)

Yeah, I hope the re-release is true and is not just limited to Asia. As much as I love limited runs, I think so many missed out on Snake and Fox.

Is there any confirmations that play art are re-releasing Snake and Cyborg Ninja anywhere?
In other news received my latest parcel from Japan today Main thing was the Kotobukiya Black Rex model, I was going to pass on it but decided why not get it. Also got a few other MGS items

Is there any confirmations that play art are re-releasing Snake and Cyborg Ninja anywhere?
In other news received my latest parcel from Japan today Main thing was the Kotobukiya Black Rex model, I was going to pass on it but decided why not get it. Also got a few other MGS items

Hmm, looks like you guys will have to take it with a grain of salt, as this is the email I got from the retailer:

14528224980_9388e3c6c5_b.jpg

Doesn't make sense why the pair will be released this October at retail prices though. If you guys want me to relay anything to the seller, let me know.

i feel like all hope is lost because, cmon, do they really have enough overstock to sell to the masses??? we wont see it and if we do every seller is going to sell them for way more than retail......... especially bbts.

Yeah, I don't want to get my hopes up too much. But, you can be sure of one thing: if these figures are being re-released and re-distributed, the scalping prices will drop overnight - just like what happened with the Medi RAH Snake figures, the Hot Toys Classic Predator, Hot Toys Batman Begins figure, etc, etc, etc.

Well, I'm not going to be affected by it too much really. The most I paid for ninja was $130, I feel really bad for the people that paid over $200 for him.

If they do drop over night I'm going to buy up a couple before they go backup again. It will be money in the bank.

Yeah, and the MSRP is like $49 :slap. You didn't get hit too hard, compared to a lot of other people. For those prices, they might as well get into customs and commission a 1/6 Snake figure instead.

i doubt it's a re-release after reading that. If you think about it if it truly was a re-release, they would most definitely be up on other sites by now other than 1 Asian website

Square would be the first to capitalize and list them on their website

Yeah, I honestly don't feel like holding out hope for this, until I see it with my own eyes :lol.

But, it's still strange how neither Snake nor Fox were ever re-released, while the PW Big Boss figures (and every PAK MGS figure, for that matter) are still in circulation.

Well i paid retail which is actually about $53 a piece for them each. My mom got me the $130 ninja for christmas last year because i didnt have a single thing i wanted plus i wanted to do the mgrr custom. Barry actually had the parts i needed at just the right time, otherwise i wouldnt have bought him. But technically i just paid for the parts and not the actual figure.

Only two more flex pays on REX and RAY thank god. That will be another $140 a month in my pocket come September.

I paid almost $150 for my Snake, and I'm thinking of selling him back at that price after I have confirmation that Solid and Ninja are re-released.
Yeah, I honestly don't feel like holding out hope for this, until I see it with my own eyes :lol.

But, it's still strange how neither Snake nor Fox were ever re-released, while the PW Big Boss figures (and every PAK MGS figure, for that matter) are still in circulation.
Yeah it is odd. I wonder if it's since people have no interest in Meryl and Liquid on their own without Solid Snake. I mean, getting into the MGS line would be very hard because you do not have the main protagonist or one of the villains, so your set will be incomplete. You'll have maybe, a ton of Big Bosses and Raidens, one Meryl, one Liquid, one Solidus, one Miller...no Solid Snake or Ninja. I can honestly say I would NOT be that invested into the PAK line if I did not get my Solid Snake earlier, as I got my PW Boss due to a sale, and MGR R Raiden cause I was like "hey a variant, cool stuff".

I don't think the re-release could be because of complaints though, since this is a sort of random time to re-release him :lol it's almost a year after Liquid got released

I highly doubt there is going to be a re-release. That message from the company to Ryan all but confirms that they aren't re-releases and if they were they would be up for pre-order on various other sites including square-Enix

I wouldn't pay $100+ for Snake or Gray Fox if I didn't have them already.

Solidus is still around cuz they insanely overpriced him and then his time passed by the time they eventually dropped his price. Meryl because she was no where near as popular character as Snake, Liquid or Gray Fox and in figure from only the completist would really want her.

Back when Snake and Fox were released I'm guessing they produced a lot smaller qty not expecting them to be so popular and price and qc plays a huge part nowadays for figures still being available.

Back when PAK was just Play Arts and produced smaller mainly Final Fantasy figure they never re-released any of the big seller then like FF7 Cloud + Daytona. Which incidentally only cost £50. The same price as retail first wave MGS1.

Last edited:
Back