Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only just noticed by BB looks likes he's showing Kaz how big he is, if you know what i mean

sege9u9a.jpg

Good for those that passed on them and regretted it. I wouldn't expect them to ever do it again, so get them while they're hot.

I passed on Grey Fox in favor for the Classic Predator back in 2012, and could never find one at a decent price since then. Seems legit since it's a reputable site, I'll wait for their response though.

If turns out to be true, I'll get Meryl as well since my original plan was to collect MGS1 and 2 figures. I don't fancy those PW Mechs or the MGSV lineup for some reason. :dunno

:slap just after I paid so much for my Solid Snake, really? :lol well I might pick up a second Snake and prepare to pawn off my original. Now I need to look for American sites that carry them

Thanks a bunch Ryan :hi5:

I passed on Grey Fox in favor for the Classic Predator back in 2012, and could never find one at a decent price since then. Seems legit since it's a reputable site, I'll wait for their response though.

If turns out to be true, I'll get Meryl as well since my original plan was to collect MGS1 and 2 figures. I don't fancy those PW Mechs or the MGSV lineup for some reason. :dunno

I'm not thrilled about the MGSV lineup either.

Saw a couple of people complaining about Raiden proportions, I too was very annoyed..... So I did some repair work.
This fix sacrifices the butterfly joint but makes raidens shoulders more form fitting and accurate, also drilled the ball socket for the head out a bit to shorten the neck
Apologies for the ****** pics, no camera atm

IMG_00000112.jpg
IMG_00000113.jpg
IMG_00000111.jpg
IMG_00000114.jpg

How did you do the neck?

For some reason they have started to make the neck pegs far too long. It's the same on the GZ BB, there's a gap between the head and neck due to an overly long neck peg

I remember that a Squenix representative said that they only ever do one offs. It's their policy
Now that may have changed due to the popularity of Snake and Ninja. So hopefully that's true for people who missed out.

Wishful thinking that they change the sculpt a little to

Forgive my ignorance but are you making the neck hole deeper for the neck peg to sit into? therefore shorting the neck height?

I used a narrow dremel sanding bit, same diameter as the ball joints, steady hand and drill straight into the socket

I can def see a difference in the neck LipSmack, it looks normal now. Arms, not so much but I still see something.

Meryl and Solidus can still be found for retail prices, hell, below retail at that.

Back