Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@hairlesswookiee - Bro, I think the Royce Muscle body is great for the Big Boss.. I actually have several of these on my eBay Watchlist. :) Can't use the Wolverine body, too hairy..

@elvis1976 - Awesome Big Boss & Solid Snake, bro! :D By the way, any feedback on my PM regarding the Spandex Shirt & Harness? :duff

@SwedishHeat - Good luck with the sale. I would want one, just to get a feel of how Medicom figures are, but your price is eBay-ish.. That amount can already buy one of the Hot Toys Predator figures. :dunno

@hairlesswookiee - Bro, I think the Royce Muscle body is great for the Big Boss.. I actually have several of these on my eBay Watchlist. :) Can't use the Wolverine body, too hairy..

So do I. I'm surprised a couple of them sold for $55. Wolverine could probably work unless you plan on having him in a speedo. I was actually thinking about cannibalizing my Wolverine figure until I find a spare body.

^Well, the Croc Cap figure is pretty limited at only 1000 pieces, and it's the only 1/6 Medicom Snake figure that hasn't been re-released. I bought a new one last year for $310 USD. But, that was then, and this is now. With a possible Hot Toys announcement right around the corner, I'd say that purchasing one of the Medicom figures now, is for the die-hard collectors only.

I'm letting my RAH Croc Cap Snake go, if anybody's still looking.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85478

Sweedish, you could get your figure sold for $350, but you'll have a better chance next year as the hype starts to build for MGS 3DS. Ebay is your best bet for such a sale, as everyone on the forum is looking for some sort of discount...

it's still a Medicom figure. i've had a few of them and no matter how rare they are, they're just not $350 figures. they're not even $200 figures. in fact, i've never paid more than $100 for any of the Medi figure's i've had. they're just too flimsy, short, and inaccurate to justify a $350 price tag to me.

it's still a Medicom figure. i've had a few of them and no matter how rare they are, they're just not $350 figures. they're not even $200 figures. in fact, i've never paid more than $100 for any of the Medi figure's i've had. they're just too flimsy, short, and inaccurate to justify a $350 price tag to me.

^^:lecture The only Medicom figures I've owned are the Wolverine, Spiderman, and Jango Fett. Only because there wasn't an alternative until recently.They're not bad, but horribly overpriced for something that is not always faithful to the figure's source.

Well as inferior as the figures might be (in terms of quality), I don't believe that it's fair to judge them by today's standards. The original RAH Snakes (not the re-printed ones) were released nearly six years ago, and a lot has changed since then in the 1/6 world. Even our favorite company, Hot Toys, wasn't nearly as good then as they are now.

But of course, by today's standard, Medicom shown very little improvement, compared to Hot Toys.

I've never been impressed with any of their headsculpts for most of their figures, MGS figures included. They always look cartoonish. I know that's their style, but I don't want that for any of the MGS figures. That and besides the zombie face figure they all looked super pale.

I've never been impressed with any of their headsculpts for most of their figures, MGS figures included. They always look cartoonish. I know that's their style, but I don't want that for any of the MGS figures. That and besides the zombie face figure they all looked super pale.

Yeah, the figures do look very pail. Old Snake and Raiden are the worst of the bunch. Medi did add color to Cold War Snake but it ended up being too dark :slap. Also, it would have been nice if they updated the sculpts with the re-prints, but they didn't... for some reason :dunno.

Anyway, I never had a problem with the cartoonish look of Medi head-sculpts, as it works really well for cartoon characters :lol. Motoko (Ghost in the Shell), Kaiyodo (Fist of the North Star), Kaneda (Akira), all have great looking sculpts. But, I wouldn't want Medi to handle more MGS figures, that's for sure. Hot Toys all the way!!!!

Maybe it's really going to happen, and they want to make it a surprise? :panic: Or maybe it's hopeless, that they are disappointed that much to even talk about it. :slap

I hope a Rambo 4 question can be answered, bro. :) :clap

Even though I'm friends with most of Hot Toys' staff on Facebook, I couldn't get a reply if I asked about this licence.

i was under the impression that ThreeA currently has the license and will be making stuff. i kinda doubt HT will be making anything. guess we'll see, MG is probably gonna stay a popular license for a while and there's still plenty of $$ to be made from it.

i was under the impression that ThreeA currently has the license and will be making stuff. i kinda doubt HT will be making anything. guess we'll see, MG is probably gonna stay a popular license for a while and there's still plenty of $$ to be made from it.

I think ThreeA only has it for Rex and Ray. But, then again Play Arts also has the... MGS license. I don't really understand how this works :dunno.

I think ThreeA only has it for Rex and Ray. But, then again Play Arts also has the... MGS license. I don't really understand how this works :dunno.
i'd rather ThreeA have the license than Medicom at this point. the Play Arts figures are pretty cool, but i collect 1:6th and 1:12th so they're kinda useless and i'd rather not have to start all over again in another scale. doesn't look like i have much choice right now though.

Here's my final version of Big Boss from the PSP game Peace Walker.
Tried to be as accurate as possible with the outfit, couldn't get closer to that.

Now i'm waiting ofr Mr Lerma awesome sculpt to fully finish him.

IMG_9400.jpg

IMG_9401.jpg

IMG_9396.jpg

IMG_9397.jpg

IMG_9399.jpg

IMG_9398.jpg

I'm not sure if it's the one seb has used but one of the Hot Toys Vietnam figures used the hushpuppy pistol.

Back