Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys I have the Medicom Tiger-Stripe Naked Snake.
Was wondering if all the gear and head would be able to fit on a Hot Toys body?
I'm really not too impressed with the Medi body. Especially from the waist down.

doubt it. HT bodies are a good inch taller. they're probably wider too.

Well, a few years ago, someone on OSW (I think Golgo-013?) attempted a crazy custom-mod, by placing the head of an RAH Croc Cap Snake figure on a Hot Toys muscle body. The results were fantastic. The Hot Toys body was a bit on the tall side, but the Medi clothes still fit the figure pretty well.

Also, the Harnesses on the RAH figures can be adjusted to fit a specific length, so you can use it for a Hot Toys body.

Well, a few years ago, someone on OSW (I think Golgo-013?) attempted a crazy custom-mod, by placing the head of an RAH Croc Cap Snake figure on a Hot Toys muscle body. The results were fantastic. The Hot Toys body was a bit on the tall side, but the Medi clothes still fit the figure pretty well.

Also, the Harnesses on the RAH figures can be adjusted to fit a specific length, so you can use it for a Hot Toys body.
that's good news. Medicom heads/outfits are easier and cheaper to get ahold of than getting a commission for a whole new sculpt and paint app. i might just try it then.

I decided I'm going with the Wild Works Vietnam set with Tiger Stripe uniform and equipment. Funny thing is, when I searched over at OSW I found a couple threads that LoneWolf started in regards to finding an extraction harness.

33ojuxk.jpg
Are you doin'g big Boss from MGS3 mate? Bear in mind you have to roll the sleeves up for accuracy to Snake in MGS3! I've found soe uniforms are tricky as the cuffs are very narrow etc

I think you have to cut off the seam of the sleeves to be able to roll them up. :)

No I'm just doing a Peace Walker Big Boss, but in Tiger Stripe camo. For some reason I the tiger stripe is my favorite camo in the game. Just need to figure out the best way to weather it to make it look like he's seen some action.

Coincidence, Mark! :) Tiger Stripe is also the BDU I always use when I really don't need to specialize in the mission..

Here's my unfinished Big Boss bash, still very bare:

393025090.jpg

I need to get a muscle body, as the Narrow-Shoulder TrueType makes him look like a wimp.. Maybe if I add the spandex suit underneath, he won't look so thin.

If anybody has gloved hands, let me know, I can trade stuff towards it. I have an extra Mk22 Mod0 "Hush Puppy" Pistol, with mag & suppressor. :)

Yeah, a scuba/spandex suit works.. And then roll up the sleeves.
I just have to live with not having the leather-like elbow pads. :(

how are you gonna do the short-sleeve look? he's got that sneaking suit on underneath the fatigues and that's what covers his arms. can you use a scuba suit for that?

edit - found the OSW thread. this looks awesome.
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...ig-boss-snake-updated-big-boss-6-14-09-a.html

I found a scuba suit on Ebay that I was thinking about trying. I was looking at some cheap material for the knee pad too. A basic black kneepad should work, but the spandex material is what I"m scratching my head with.

If anyone knows where I can find parts to the Medicom figure that would be great.

~~I was thinking of maybe picking up a Hot Toys Royce muscle body. Seems like the right proportions for him. Problem is that they're selling for $70+

Last edited:
that's good news. Medicom heads/outfits are easier and cheaper to get ahold of than getting a commission for a whole new sculpt and paint app. i might just try it then.

You should definitely consider it. The RAH Snake figures from Medicom have a bad reputation for quality control. But, the clothes are actually really nice. Here's Golgo-13's mod (with the updated Hot Toys body) that I mentioned before:

89155-metal-gear-solid-3-4-customs-big-boss-snake-updated-big-boss-6-14-09-a.html

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

As you can see, the camo sleeve are a bit shorter, than how they would be on the original Medicom body. But, it still looks pretty sweet. Also, all of the clothes are already tailored for Snake's look, so you wouldn't have to do any modifications. Just put them on a Hot Toys body, and you're set.

Of course, the only issue if you're willing to go this route, is finding a separate set of clothes on Ebay (as I doubt that you'd want to spend a lot of money on a Medicom figure, just to kit-bash) :lol. But, the clothes do show up from time to time.

I'll have to try this mod some day on my RAH figures.

Last edited:
But does the head just swap out to a HT body?
Which HT body would I buy?

Well, Medicom heads aren't compatible with a Hot Toys neck. So, you'll have to do some... modifications, for it to work. I'm not sure how it's done, myself, but the results are incredible (if anyone can share that information, it'll be great!). I think Golgo-013 used a large muscular body, or whatever they're called.

Here's a link to the thread over at OSW:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/89155-metal-gear-solid-3-4-customs-big-boss-snake-updated-big-boss-6-14-09-a.html

Wait, wait, I'm wrong! :slap Those aren't Medicom's camo clothes on the custom figure. But, they do look "Medi-sized", so perhaps a clothes swap could still work.

Here's some pics I took of my Tiger Camo Snake. I put on some SS G.I. Joe gear on him and a HT Sarah Conner rifle which I think looks pretty good together. Enjoy!

S01.jpg

S02.jpg

S03.jpg

S04.jpg

S05.jpg

S06.jpg

Here's some pics I took of my Tiger Camo Snake. I put on some SS G.I. Joe gear on him and a HT Sarah Conner rifle which I think looks pretty good together. Enjoy!

S01.jpg

S02.jpg

S03.jpg

S04.jpg

S05.jpg

S06.jpg

It's amazing how very little changes can make the RAH Snake figures look even better. GREAT shots dude!

Back