Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I eventually get my Koto REX and finish painting it myself, I'll gladly do it for you.

Deal. Even the minifigs? Not like they are a big surface area to paint on anyways :lol

My REX is already fully together. Are you painting yours before or after assembly?

Deal. Even the minifigs? Not like they are a big surface area to paint on anyways :lol

My REX is already fully together. Are you painting yours before or after assembly?

Sure, the minifigs won't be much of an issue, just need plenty of patience. The paint will be applied after the unit is assembled, the same way it's better to paint the hair on a 1/6 head first. You know me Plissken, I'm no expert painter, so if you found some one else I'd say take it, I'm just your last resort if you can't find anyone. :)

Come to think of it, a Gundam nut would definitely fit the bill. I've seen their tools, they're crazy!

Sure, the minifigs won't be much of an issue, just need plenty of patience. The paint will be applied after the unit is assembled, the same way it's better to paint the hair on a 1/6 head first. You know me Plissken, I'm no expert painter, so if you found some one else I'd say take it, I'm just your last resort if you can't find anyone. :)

Well I still want to see what you cook up up with yours. So far, you're the only one who has even offered. I'm sure if yours turns out great there will be plenty of others on here that would gladly pay you a commission to do theirs :clap

Well I still want to see what you cook up up with yours. So far, you're the only one who has even offered. I'm sure if yours turns out great there will be plenty of others on here that would gladly pay you a commission to do theirs :clap

Yeah, will definitely finish mine first and won't do others until I know I can do a good job (like the Medicoms).

Anyway, new interview with Hayter, very interesting but no mention of MGSV. :(

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmZJN7JMffI&list=LLvAkKbFOryIT8A-r250l-yg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmZJN7JMffI&list=LLvAkKbFOryIT8A-r250l-yg[/ame]

Yeah, will definitely finish mine first and won't do others until I know I can do a good job (like the Medicoms).

Anyway, new interview with Hayter, very interesting but no mention of MGSV. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmZJN7JMffI&list=LLvAkKbFOryIT8A-r250l-yg

Can't watch it right now since my stupid work PC blocks Youtube embedded links :slap

I think it's not a joke that he's not coming back for V. Although TPP video released recently was odd, I'm not entirely sure it was Hayter.

This might just be a viral marketing ploy to gain hype for the game and he is in fact playing Big Boss. Won't know for awhile :dunno

I still think it's bad business if this is a joke since all it's done is gain bad press from it. Which lends me to thinking that it's in fact true that he's not returning for this game.

Can't watch it right now since my stupid work PC blocks Youtube embedded links :slap

I think it's not a joke that he's not coming back for V. Although TPP video released recently was odd, I'm not entirely sure it was Hayter.

This might just be a viral marketing ploy to gain hype for the game and he is in fact playing Big Boss. Won't know for awhile :dunno

I still think it's bad business if this is a joke since all it's done is gain bad press from it. Which lends me to thinking that it's in fact true that he's not returning for this game.

If it's a joke, it's done bad taste. You can't just put out a product with a key feature missing and expect people to be all behind it. I'm sorry Kojima, first you mislead us with the wrong title and now you're letting us clinging to the hope that Hayter might be on board after all, I think you're nuts! :cuckoo:

I also think Hayter is not mean enough to be part of such a marketing campaign. He'd logically rather say nothing than make several comments about his predicament (including one negative comment towards Konami on EP Daily).

So yeah, if it's a joke, I'd be writing David a letter soon!

If it's a joke, it's done bad taste. You can't just put out a product with a key feature missing and expect people to be all behind it. I'm sorry Kojima, first you mislead us with the wrong title and now you're letting us clinging to the hope that Hayter might be on board after all, I think you're nuts! :cuckoo:

I also think Hayter is not mean enough to be part of such a marketing campaign. He'd logically rather say nothing than make several comments about his predicament (including one negative comment towards Konami on EP Daily).

So yeah, if it's a joke, I'd be writing David a letter soon!

He's too much of a nice guy and very warm to the fans to do this. And how Konami was dismissive to him and not even phone the guy just seems very typical of companies anymore. Japanese gaming companies, like Capcom as well, are all about doing it as cheaply as humanly possible and keeping no consistency for the western gaming experience with keeping the same actors. Just look at how far the Resident Evil series has fallen. Not one actor in RE6 has been in any other game other than Chris Redfield's VA.

I can't believe how cheap they were with The Twin Snakes that Hayter took a willing pay cut to bring back all the original actors. Hayter is worth every penny, he's the most iconic VA on the planet now for the gaming market, no denying it.

I forgot to check the tracking on my Revoltech Snake last night. Delivery is set for Friday :clap

Last edited:
I forgot to check the tracking on my Revoltech Snake last night. Delivery is set for Friday :clap

Congrats!

I was wondering, anybody knows if PAK Black Raiden will ever be sold for retail prices anymore? I can't find one anywhere for less than $127 here. I'm wondering whether should I just take now or wait.. :dunno

Congrats!

I was wondering, anybody knows if PAK Black Raiden will ever be sold for retail prices anymore? I can't find one anywhere for less than $127 here. I'm wondering whether should I just take now or wait.. :dunno

Pull the trigger on it now, it's only going up. I don't understand why it's so goddamn pricey. It hit Amazon for 70$ weeks ago but quickly vanished, I was lucky enough to get one at that price thanks to Crowinghorse.

Pull the trigger on it now, it's only going up. I don't understand why it's so goddamn pricey. It hit Amazon for 70$ weeks ago but quickly vanished, I was lucky enough to get one at that price thanks to Crowinghorse.

Thanks for the advice Plissken. It's $99.99 on Amazon now. I'm confused, this is probably the fastest selling MGS collectible ever. So you're assuming at this point it won't ever be sold for retail anymore?

Thanks for the advice Plissken. It's $99.99 on Amazon now. I'm confused, this is probably the fastest selling MGS collectible ever. So you're assuming at this point it won't ever be sold for retail anymore?

Nope, it never even really started at retail. Consider 99.99$ a deal. The MGS1 PAK go for triple retail at this point.

i always order the day that they go up for preorder. it always insures the lowes pricing. my raidens at the post office right now cause i got the door tag yesterday. im just waiting for the mailman to arrive to see if he brought me anything else before i go pick it up. i paid about $52 for mine! the big spike happened because of the shipment shortage. now everyones on the ripoff bandwagon thats why that we wont see a lower price on this anymore.

i always order the day that they go up for preorder. it always insures the lowes pricing. my raidens at the post office right now cause i got the door tag yesterday. im just waiting for the mailman to arrive to see if he brought me anything else before i go pick it up. i paid about $52 for mine! the big spikhappened because of the shipment shortage. now everyones on the ripoff bandwagon thats why that we wont see a lower price on this anyyre.

That's retarded. He basically gave you 20$ plus the figure :lol

Back